It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 88 US kids have autism, CDC reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
If you're on the spectrum, the problem isn't that you are on it, but the problem is that you (the great majority) were easily convinced that you have a condition. You bought into the lie.

Why don't you start supporting your opinions with real facts and links. Not pseudo conspiracy links.

I raised an ADD kid (who is now in her 40s) NO MEDS and am now raising a "borderline" Autistic. (for anyone who doesn't like the term "borderline" - - that is what his test report says)

He was tested at the request of his preschool teacher. We switched schools - - - and now his new preschool is requesting new testing.

He is very intelligent and a delight on his own. He does not function in a group setting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

If you're on the spectrum, the problem isn't that you are on it, but the problem is that you (the great majority) were easily convinced that you have a condition. You bought into the lie.

Why don't you start supporting your opinions with real facts and links. Not pseudo conspiracy links.

I raised an ADD kid (who is now in her 40s) NO MEDS and am now raising a "borderline" Autistic. (for anyone who doesn't like the term "borderline" - - that is what his test report says)

He was tested at the request of his preschool teacher. We switched schools - - - and now his new preschool is requesting new testing.

He is very intelligent and a delight on his own. He does not function in a group setting.

I based it on the fact that more and more people are being told they have some kind of disorder, plus more and more people are taking psychiatric drugs.

It's alarming, really.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You said you raised an ADD child and now a borderline autistic grandkid. Did either receive vaccines shortly after birth? Its hard to believe if your daughter is now 40, that you would have declined the vaccines given in the early 70s. Everyone thought they were just great then.

Were either raised near any chemical plants? Also, one last question, what about their diets? Mainly your daughters. Did you cook natural foods or mainly provide Tv dinners and such.

I'm just curious. I know it must be hard dealing with the hardship, but maybe we can all learn something from your experiences.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by Annee

You said you raised an ADD child and now a borderline autistic grandkid. Did either receive vaccines shortly after birth?

Not interested in the vaccine conspiracy.

But NO - - we held grandkid off for 2 years before allowing any vaccines - - - and then allowed only one at a time.

ADD daughter was hyper when still in the womb. First child so I didn't know much. She was crawling out of her crib at 6 months. We had to turn her room into a padded cell and remove anything that she could hurt herself with.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I based it on the fact that more and more people are being told they have some kind of disorder, plus more and more people are taking psychiatric drugs.

It's alarming, really.

You gave an opinion.

A sarcastic negative opinion that its ALL BS.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You gave an opinion.

A sarcastic negative opinion that its ALL BS.

It's not just an opinion, Annee, and it's not just BS.

Many people who have difficulties are thrown under different umbrella terms like Autism and ADD, bipolar, etc. They might show a couple symptoms of any(and it's safe to say that basically everyone does from time to time) and they are suddenly a person with said condition. It's partially a bureaucratic thing, so kids can get benefits. But sadly, kids have to admit to having problems they might not have just to get the benefits.

Anyways, a when someone receives a diagnosis, it doesn't mean that person absolutely has that condition, when (like I said before) they only demonstrate a couple symptoms. It just means that someone had probable cause to say that they had it.

I've had people who have came up to me and asked me if I thought they had Asperger's. They gave me a list of reason why they might be considered that. I've told them,"No, I don't think you do have Asperger's. Why would you ask me that?" And both the times I was asked it, their answer was the same:

"I've was talking about my problems to my psychiatrist, and he concluded that I probably have Asperger's."

These people did not have Asperger's. They were introverts, they seen things in different prospective than people normally see, they are energized by activities that other people would laugh about. A lot of them felt flawed because they couldn't exactly join in the spirit of group gatherings
, which isn't a reason to feel that way, and the pharm industry and psych people jump on it.

I'm pretty confident that many people all over the world are being misdiagnosed because:

a) It's so freaking easy to do because every "less than desirable trait" is covered by some blanket term.
b) It keeps pharmaceutical companies raking in the money from unnecessary diagnosis
c) It keeps the mental health profession busy by convincing people they have a problem.

and lastly

d) Not many of the people really care for you!
edit on 30-3-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The autism rate is increasing:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join