It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 88 US kids have autism, CDC reports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
1 in 88 US kids have autism, CDC reports

This alarming problem continues unabated.

The CDC says a 23% increase has happened from 2006 to 2008 !

Does anybody know the "cause" ?

Is it food related ?

Is it pollution ?

Is it related to parents' medications ?
(or even the kids', if autism is detected later)

Published March 29, 2012
FoxNews.com

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates 1 in 88 U.S. children has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).

The figure, based on 2008 estimates from 14 monitoring sites around the country, represents a 23 percent increase over 2006 estimates.

According to federal health officials, improved screening and treatment is likely responsible for some of this increase, but exactly how much remains unclear.

"A great part of this data may be related to increased identification," said Susan Hyman, who chairs the Autism Subcommittee of the American Academy of Pediatrics. "But the reason you do continued scrutiny of an epidemiological investigation is to determine whether there is another cause."

Increase of Autism

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have a feeling the explanation is more sinister than sheer coincidence, I have no evidence though. I guess this is what happens when the entire country is hopped up on pills for every minor problem they have. Over medicated society perhaps?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm putting my money on effects from preservatives, GM food, and Monsanto and their cabal of evil corporations that control these products and put the toxic chemicals in them.

Just my opinion...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think half of it is bs, i was once thought to have it myself by one so called expert until i scored 9 out of 10 on an empathy test (the average male score was 3 and female 6).

Strange really as i always showed a talent for reading people, but my childhood shyness mixed with a good grasp of logic and maths plus terrible behaviour, led this so called expert into a lazy decision.

Luckily i wasn't branded with this tag in the end but a cousin of mine was diagnosed with autism and his behaviour was always blamed on the condition by his parents. He now has a terrible attitude and thinks he is above everyone else.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My younger brother has a form of autism I have done my own research I am in the contaminated vaccination camp. I am not going to debate why as I have extensively in other vaccination threads. If it affects your family you will connect the dots and see the truth. We are not meant to have mercury injected into us at a developing period in life.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A couple centuries ago they could have had the same amount of autistic people, just that they would have called them....smart, weird, retarded, goofy, "not right", etc...

Or a host of other descriptions.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's because of the vaccines, food, and water, no doubt about it. A wonderfully disgusting trifecta of poison.

This is the result of not researching things and blindly following the establishment. Our kids suffer because of our ignorance. 1 in 88 with autism alone, what about things like ADD and ADHD. Combine all 3 of these "mental disorders"... it's waaaaaay too common. And then all the pills these kids take to be more "acceptable" to society. It's all so shameful.

Moving along...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
A couple centuries ago they could have had the same amount of autistic people, just that they would have called them....smart, weird, retarded, goofy, "not right", etc...

IMO - - that is closest to the truth.

Today they screen 2 year olds for Autistic "behaviors". The Autistic umbrella encompasses anyone who falls in this category.

I don't buy the conspiracy stuff on this. I think its just more awareness and screening.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
He now has a terrible attitude and thinks he is above everyone else.

My daughter was ADD.

Fortunately I had an amazing doctor who told me: "Screw everyone else" - - - its about her self-esteem - - everything else can wait.

So just because you may be in the Autistic Spectrum - - - does not mean you have to end up with a negative attitude.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm putting my money on...

Their findings are bogus.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I, too am in the vaccination camp.
I feel also, that we are unintentionally poisoning our children by buying those items made in China, painted with lead paint and God knows what else.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Could fluoride have any impact ?

Maybe fluoride affects genetics passed on to children ?

Fluoride And The Brain

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Today they screen 2 year olds for Autistic "behaviors". The Autistic umbrella encompasses anyone who falls in this category.

I don't buy the conspiracy stuff on this. I think its just more awareness and screening.

That's part of the problem. "I'm gonna invent this new disorder so kids have an excuse to buy and take these pills, and so they strongly believe something is wrong with them." It's not only damaging to the body, it's damaging to the kid's mind and spirit. They'll go through life thinking something is wrong with them, when for all we know this can all be totally natural, but I strongly see the junk they put in what we consume as being the main reason for these things occurring. You are what you eat, right? Getting an injection is the fast-track to damaging your body, while also under the illusion that you're aiding your body.

Deception is at least two-faced.

Originally posted by xuenchen
Could fluoride have any impact ?

Maybe fluoride affects genetics passed on to children ?

Fluoride And The Brain

It'll definitely do harm. It's poison, plain and simple, and calcifies the pineal gland.
edit on 29/3/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I personally think that vaccines are the smoking gun, and that comes from years of working intake for MHMR Texas, and seeing all the medical histories of children and adults on the autism spectrum.

I do not believe that Asperger's Syndrome is caused by a neurotoxin, it is definitely hereditary. There may be an increased incidence of children found to be on the spectrum because more kids with Asperger's are being discovered. I have it myself, and 50 years ago, nobody in the States had heard of it or knew what the heck to do with kids who had it. We were just weirdos who always said and did the wrong thing in public, and threw the grade curve in class because of our robotic ability to retain facts and spit them back out.

The autism I refer to is the most heart-breaking kind, in which kids are lost within their own minds. They have trouble speaking, understanding instructions, have no fear of danger, are difficult or impossible to potty train, and their melt-downs are of epic proportions. They will never be able to live independently or have a semblance of a normal life. These children exhibit signs of neurological damage. SOMETHING is causing this damage, and I believe there may be a genetic propensity for certain families to have children who are not able to process the toxins effectively and so they end up brain-damaged.

Because of the medical histories of these children indicating they became very sick after their toddler vaccinations and then, afterwards, lost their ability to babble, smile, walk or communicate, vaccines as the offending agent is very self-explanatory.

If you wish to flame me for the above statement, feel free to do so. However, if you haven't read hundreds of case histories, know in advance that I will probably see you as a vaccine apologist and disregard the flamage.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

There is this..

One can be labeled Autistic and just have minor symptoms which don't truly prevent them from living a normal life. In fact, Im guessing that's a large part of their statistic.

Actual full blown autism is probably way less than one in 88.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by Annee

That's part of the problem. "I'm gonna invent this new disorder so kids have an excuse to buy and take these pills, and so they strongly believe something is wrong with them."

I raised an ADD daughter - - and now I am raising a borderline Autistic grandson.

NO Meds.

Let me know when you actually raise a child with ADD or Autism - - and then tell me its just invented for the drug companies.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

From the interviews I have seen today most of the doctors being interviewed are saying that it isn't likely a rise in actual cases. Their opinion is that it is just being broadly diagnosed to include things that would not normally have been diagnosed as autism in the past.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I predict autism becoming its own industry in the next ten years. Similar to the cancer diagnosis, it has already sparked support groups, special schools and teachers, a national non-profit directing research funding, celebrities, and above all, the opportunity to congratulate ourselves on helping the less-fortunate combined with an unabashed gratitude for being healthy ourselves.

Regardless of the validity of the diagnosis, I have to wonder if schools educating children with autism receive funding for EACH diagnosed child. Back when I was in school, government funding was made available to a special program at the school for gifted children, and it was on a per-child basis.

This is the new cancer: even when we suspect there's an underlying cause/cure, we'll never get it. Parents are all too willing to sell everything they own to save their child. I would imagine many a family going broke once the diagnosis is made, given early intervention is the difference between a caring and an indifferent parent (tongue firmly planted in cheek here folks...just breathe into the paper bag and re-read).

Again, this has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the diagnosis, or the perceived degree to which people suffer from the disorder.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Is the Autism Spectrum Quotient the standard test for this?

I'm one of the 25% of humans that are introverts, and score borderline autistic on all the tests.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think it's a growing problem in developed nations...a growing farce. People are being convinced there is something wrong with them and it validates, in their mind, why they can't seem to climb up the rungs in society. People that don't have the traits are better off (traits, not disability)

Asperger's=BS (for the most part)

If you're on the spectrum, the problem isn't that you are on it, but the problem is that you (the great majority) were easily convinced that you have a condition. You bought into the lie.

It's mostly an introvert vs extrovert thing, and the introverts are slowly being convinced that they have a condition.

"Have trouble going to parties? You have a condition. Here take this pill."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join