It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there's good reason to believe the "Abomination that Causes Desolations" will happen this spr

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

But terrible things happen to good Christian people every day. They can be victims of violence, random tragedy, disease, etc. How can we reconcile these things with Christ already establishing his reign on earth? This, to me, is the greatest thing keeping me from taking your ideas beyond speculation. I find it difficult to reconcile the idea of Christs 1000 year reign on earth with what we see in the world today. Even within the church, although we see no violence, etc, that doesn't mean that these things aren't visited on the church from outside forces.

But, when we think spiritual, whatever physical that happens to us doesn't matter. We can be hated, beaten, persecuted, even killed, and as long as we give glory to Christ through all these things, we have successfully reigned with him. This has been the case since the Day of Pentecost when the Church was born.

I also have a tendency (probably due to how I was taught to interpret scripture) to associate the word "reign" as we read it in revelations, as being a global kingdom of peace, led by Christ personally after the second coming. I certainly do not see that in the world today.

That is definitely a result of how you've been taught. I know, I was taught the same thing, and, for many years, I believed it. Fortunately, issues with it continued to bug me right up until the day I took all of prophecy together, sat down with it, and determined to figure it out. All of this while I was supposed to be going to class at university. But, regardless, the journey since then has been very productive. I continually refresh my understanding by going back to all of Scripture the same way, because I may see something the hundredth time that I missed all ninety-nine times before. But, I'm trying.

Now...we find that Christ's Church is a global kingdom. Just because all 7 billion people aren't a part of it, that doesn't make it any less global. And, as I said, our reign is proclaimed to be spiritual: "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17); and "'My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place'" (John 18:36).

I'm curious: does your belief system allow for other schools of thought within Christianity? For instance, do Preterists believe that the rest of us follow false doctrine, and by extension will not be saved, or is faith in the resurrected Christ sufficient?

I try not to label myself, so I can't speak for the Preterists. But it's a matter of truth vs deception. It doesn't matter if I'm willing to make room for other schools of thought or not. There is only one truth, and what we have to consider is if God will be making room for other schools of thought. Did Jesus pull any punches when speaking to the blind teachers of the generation he ministered among?

And, then, this is possibly a separate issue from salvation. Though, I find that most people who follow false interpretations of prophecy also have false interpretations of salvation. Honestly, this isn't really all that surprising.
edit on 30-3-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
The biblical prophecies are so vague that you can interpret them to mean so many different things, as is evident in this tiny thread. There are many, many more ideas out there than what is even shown here.

There's an even BIGGER problem -- the people interpreting this aren't reading the Bible. They're reading quotes.

And furthermore, the chapters 6, 7, and 8 in the scrolls of the Book of Daniel are written in Aramaic -- in the middle of a Bible written in Hebrew.

There's no real reason for an old time scribe recording Daniel's words to suddenly stop writing in Hebrew and channel Aramaic for a thousand words or so and then go back to Hebrew.

In general, folks pull out a single quote and never say "this is what the whole book is about and here's what the entire chapter is about." Instead, they link books that were decided as canon (several thousand years AFTER the original books were written as standalone books) and quotes inside those. It's kind of like watching someone link Caesar's commentaires on the War in Gaul with the Harry Potter series and pulling out links and prophecies from those two volumes.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

How does a fictional book tell the future ?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Nothing personal was intended. "they will be taken in by the beast"

On a simpler note, I have always considered the beast as money.

P

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by hab22

Well, time will soon tell if my theory is correct about the abomination being set up this spring. When I refer to the abomination being set up on a wing of the temple, I do not mean so in the metaphorical sense, but in the literal sense, that it will be set up "in the extreme part" (as you well described it) of the temple, which is where I believe the Dome of the Rock is located. Revelation speaks of the "Court of the Gentiles" being given over to the forces of antichrist for 42 months.

Revelation never once mentions an antichrist.

II Thes. speaks of the antichrist setting himself up "in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." This concurs with Isaiah 14, where the antichrist is called "king of Babylon" and "the Assyrian" who exalts himself above the throne of God.

2 Thess. never mentions an antichrist either. You guys take a couple statements about "antichrists" in John's letters and apply it to everything and everyone you can, but you have absolutely no Scriptural support for this.
And now you're doing it with the "king of Babylon" and "the Assyrian." What makes you think that God wasn't actually speaking of the king of Babylon and about an actual Assyrian? Why does everything have to apply to some mythical future Antichrist?

Thessalonians speaks of the man of lawlessness. This was the Roman Emperor - not a single man, but many men who set themselves up in God's temple and declared themselves gods.

The antichrist didn't appear in 70 AD to exalt himself in the temple, nor did the Messiah reappear to put down the rule of Satan over the world.

No Scripture ever demands for some singular Antichrist to appear with the abomination of desolation. The spirit of antichrist was everywhere, even well before AD 70. It culminated once in Nero, just before the destruction of Jerusalem, and again in Domitian not long after.

Luke, however, affirms that the abomination of desolation was "set up" in AD 70, when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies and the Christians of the city fled, just as Jesus had told them to do. Why do we want this to happen a second time?

I've been at work all day, and only now getting back to this thread I started. I really wasn't expecting such a massive challenge from the pretorist POV that CLPrime has been injecting into this thread which is fine.

So let me give you a little clue into how the antichrist, or whatever you want to call him, shows up in the book of Revelation. If you read Revelation 13, you will see that a dominant head of state appears to come back from the dead. It doesn't say he is actually dead, but the world thinks he's dead, so when he reappears, it sends shock waves throughout the world, causing the whole Arab/Islamic world to go berserk in wanting to follow this guy, who shows up to set up a blasphemous abomination of himself in a location on the Temple Mount.

Now there are two prominent bad guys who have supposedly been killed in the last decade. They are Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. There are equally mysterious circumstances about their deaths, which border on conspiracy theories. But hey, a conspiracy theory is just another way of saying that governments lie to us.

It is my belief that the real Saddam Hussein was never captured, but went into hiding with his weapons of mass destruction somewhere along the Euphrates River, most likely in neighboring Syria, to keep him and his weapons out of reach of the allied forces. One of his doubles who was already subbing for him as head of state took the fall for him, was captured, and was either executed, or played the perfect charade his captors scripted for him.

So when the real Saddam reappears, prepare for the whole Arab world to go bonkers. As a side note, the name Apollyon in Revelation means "destroyer". The name Saddam in the Farsic dialect also means "destroyer."

Look for Saddam to make a reappearance. And surprise, you will find that he connects well with all the titles of the antichrist: king of Babylon, Assyrian, little horn, man of lawlessness, desolator, destroyer. His career also matches perfectly with the king of the North in Daniel 11:21-31, the man who carries out the abomination!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I've been at work all day, and only now getting back to this thread I started. I really wasn't expecting such a massive challenge from the pretorist POV that CLPrime has been injecting into this thread which is fine.

Such a massive challenge, from little ol' me
The challenge doesn't actually come from me, it comes from Scripture. I merely reports the news.

As for the rest of your post. I think I'll just let your view play out. If it happens, you were right... if it doesn't, you were wrong. Sometimes, the best argument is an argument from false prediction. In fact, that's how Scripture itself says to judge a prophet:

"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:22).

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Abomination of Desolation is set up inside of the 3rd Temple, which hasn't been built yet. The Anti-Christ declares himself God inside the 3rd Temple, and sets up the Abomination of Desolation within it. The question is, what is it? Many think it will be a guillotine, and this is because beheading is a direct insult to God.

If you check out the Temple Institute, they have everything all built and off site -all walls, offering items, clothing, etc. Once they get the go, that thing will be set up in months.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Such a massive challenge, from little ol' me
The challenge doesn't actually come from me, it comes from Scripture. I merely reports the news.

As for the rest of your post. I think I'll just let your view play out. If it happens, you were right... if it doesn't, you were wrong. Sometimes, the best argument is an argument from false prediction. In fact, that's how Scripture itself says to judge a prophet:

"If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him" (Deuteronomy 18:22).

I agree. Let it play itself out. But I should tell you how I started into all this 22 years ago. I was studying Daniel at the same time that Saddam was invading Kuwait. In Daniel 11:21-31 it describes the king of the North who ultimately carries out an abomination that causes desolations. (This king of the north, by the way, doesn't come out of Rome, he comes out of the root of Antiochus, the last king to rule from Babylon, Iraq.)

Anyway, this king of the North in the time of the end comes to power, not by royalty, but by intrigue. A large army is wiped away before him. Then, when the richest provinces are feeling secure, he invades them, loots and plunders them. But this only lasts for a time, because a large army from the South confronts him and his army is wiped out. Nevertheless, he will spitefully take action against the holy covenant (Israel) and then return to his own country with great wealth that he stole as a result of his invasion. Believe it or not, this is all recorded in Daniel, and is best read in the NIV version of the Bible.

So get a load of how this matches Saddam, who by the way, rededicated the city of Babylon in 1989, using the exact language that appears both in Isaiah and Revelation regarding the boasts of Babylon. Saddam, from his peasant beginnings (ie. little horn) came to power, not by royalty but by intrigue. A large army was wiped away before him, when he attacked Iran in the 1980s, wiping out a generation of Iranian soldiers, with the help of US weaponry. But then, in order to pay for his war debts, he invaded Kuwait (the richest provinces) and he looted and plundered them. A large army from the South came up against him (the Desert Storm coalition) and his army was defeated in 1991. Nevertheless, Saddam took spiteful action against the holy covenant, Israel, by sending Scud missiles into Israel. And then Saddam returned to his own country with great wealth that he stole from Kuwait, considered to be about 45 billion dollars worth.

I was reading Daniel 11 and telling all my friends that Scripture was being fulfilled, but no one believed it. So I have spend the last 22 years delving deeper and deeper into end times prophecy. I have two books on Kindle. One called "Imminent Abomination", the other called "The Year of Jubilee". If you want to consider me a false prophet, be my guest. I started this thread with a challenge. Ask me a question or throw me an insult.

But I go back to the words of Habakkuk 2:2 (from which I get my code name, Hab22: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end, and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it. It will certainly come and will not delay."

I've been waiting 22 years for the fulfillment of the Daniel 11 prophecy to reach full fruition with the "abomination that causes desolations."

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

The fulfillment of Daniel 11-12 (the link is to my document outlining the fulfillment of this prophecy on Scribd):

Chain of Kings

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There is always certain doom and destruction in the upcoming year.. no matter what year.. and oddly, it continues to fail to occur.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm with another prediction in the vein of "you will all suffer horribly," I have to say.. I won't be holding my breath. Billboard-guy failed to deliver with rapture. I imagine your prediction will also fail to come to pass. I know it's disappointing to many who for some odd reason, look forward to pain and suffering, but hopefully you'll be able to move on with your mundane lives.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There is no 7 year time period in Revelations just 3.5 years. The abomination occurred in AD 70 with the destruction of the temple. The abomination was 40 years of animal sacrifices. God has used the 40 year time table many times to give people (Moses) to change repent. God gave Israel 40 years of grace to accept the final sacrifice of Christ they did not and it was an abomination to God the continued sacrifices that the priest were doing.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To all who believe that the Seals have been opened in the far distant past, I can tell you there is a STAR CODE+ in Revelation.
First the Seals and then the Trumpets and then the Bowls, not concurrently as many have speculated.
I was going to write a book but I have run out of time.

And the first one was opened in Jan 2009 with Obama's inauguration.
The Seals are like (Divine) Army Intelligence from our Commander on what the Enemy is doing.

And as we are coming from the sea (ie not in the Land of Israel) we need two navigation points or two witnesses. And this STAR CODE+ has three witnesses.

But I believe that the first rapture/secret Bride rapture/Harpazzo will happen this Passover.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hab22

My theory? You read into things too much
I have a Bachelor Degree in Bible & Theology...nothing in there points to anything this year or even in the next few years. Doesn't there need to be a temple built first? But even that is speculation.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
The Abomination of Desolation is set up inside of the 3rd Temple, which hasn't been built yet. The Anti-Christ declares himself God inside the 3rd Temple, and sets up the Abomination of Desolation within it.

You are exactly right.

Simply put the OP is incorrect.

No 3rd Temple = no Abomination of Desolation.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The precursor to this event is the March 30th "March to Jerusalem". This event occurs tomorrow and has the makings to become a terribly violent protest that will enrage the Arab world and put Israel on the defensive.

Read Luke 21, Matthew 24, Daniel 8 and Daniel 11. These verses all give details of what's about to occur.

Another aspect to look at is the Jubilee calender. There is reason to believe that September 2015 lines up with the great Jubilee that invites Christ, the Prince of Peace, to regain ownership of planet Earth from the evil warlord, Satan.

But 42 months of Great Tribulation must occur first. Scale back 42 months from September 2015 and you arrive at Passover 2012, less than two weeks away. This is one reason why I believe the March 30th March on Jerusalem will preempt a war engulfing many nations, a war that makes WWII look like a skirmish.

There is much to explain concerning this "theory". Throw out your best questions and insults. I will try to answer them all.

HAB22

So it's currently 9:19pm pacific time on March 30, 2012, what happened with "The March to Jerusalem"?

edit on 3/30/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

From Debka:
"The most violent event of Palestinian-backed Earth Day Friday, March 30, was a battle around the Gaza-Israeli Erez crossing between Israeli forces and marksmen of the Iran-backed Palestinian Jihad Islami, DEBKAfile’s military sources report. The shooters were laying down fire to cover a mass Palestinian rush on the Israeli border and the crossing so as to force Israeli soldiers to shoot into the crowd. Multiple Palestinian casualties would have given Jihad the pretext for reviving its missile offensive against Israeli towns and villages.
Our sources report that IDF fire was not aimed at the demonstrators but the marksmen. All the same, in the subsequent melee, one Palestinian man was killed – Mahmoud Zachout, member of a prominent Gazan family, and 14 were injured. At an early stage, members of the Hamas internal security battalion intervened. They split up - one section to stop the Jihad fire, the other, to block the procession’s march on the Israeli border. Zachout may have been killed by bullets from either side. Their source is under investigation."

Not much of an incident, thank God.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

But terrible things happen to good Christian people every day. They can be victims of violence, random tragedy, disease, etc. How can we reconcile these things with Christ already establishing his reign on earth? This, to me, is the greatest thing keeping me from taking your ideas beyond speculation. I find it difficult to reconcile the idea of Christs 1000 year reign on earth with what we see in the world today. Even within the church, although we see no violence, etc, that doesn't mean that these things aren't visited on the church from outside forces.

But, when we think spiritual, whatever physical that happens to us doesn't matter. We can be hated, beaten, persecuted, even killed, and as long as we give glory to Christ through all these things, we have successfully reigned with him. This has been the case since the Day of Pentecost when the Church was born.

I also have a tendency (probably due to how I was taught to interpret scripture) to associate the word "reign" as we read it in revelations, as being a global kingdom of peace, led by Christ personally after the second coming. I certainly do not see that in the world today.

That is definitely a result of how you've been taught. I know, I was taught the same thing, and, for many years, I believed it. Fortunately, issues with it continued to bug me right up until the day I took all of prophecy together, sat down with it, and determined to figure it out. All of this while I was supposed to be going to class at university. But, regardless, the journey since then has been very productive. I continually refresh my understanding by going back to all of Scripture the same way, because I may see something the hundredth time that I missed all ninety-nine times before. But, I'm trying.

Now...we find that Christ's Church is a global kingdom. Just because all 7 billion people aren't a part of it, that doesn't make it any less global. And, as I said, our reign is proclaimed to be spiritual: "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17); and "'My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place'" (John 18:36).

I'm curious: does your belief system allow for other schools of thought within Christianity? For instance, do Preterists believe that the rest of us follow false doctrine, and by extension will not be saved, or is faith in the resurrected Christ sufficient?

I try not to label myself, so I can't speak for the Preterists. But it's a matter of truth vs deception. It doesn't matter if I'm willing to make room for other schools of thought or not. There is only one truth, and what we have to consider is if God will be making room for other schools of thought. Did Jesus pull any punches when speaking to the blind teachers of the generation he ministered among?

And, then, this is possibly a separate issue from salvation. Though, I find that most people who follow false interpretations of prophecy also have false interpretations of salvation. Honestly, this isn't really all that surprising.

I can only draw attention to the thief on the cross. Seems to me he was saved by faith alone (according to Christ's own words).

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
just bookmarking a great thread!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hab22

While it's true that the bible has hidden secret dates it is also possible to confirm those secret dates just by observing daily events. I have been looking at both in my blog.
escapetophilippines.wordpress.com...

Surprisingly the future dates just keep on popping-up lately.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
"Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth"

"17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:"
"17:2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication."

The abomination that causes desolation is fornication.

"17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

the seven heads and ten horns equals 17 men. And one is to come equaling 18 men.

"17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

"17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written a mystery: BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

That is a woman that is probably commander of prostitutes, probably leader of a whore ring.

"17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space."

there are 7 of the men

"17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition."

the beast is 8.

The beast was and is not and is to come, he was with her in a relationship ,left her and will get back with her.

"17:12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."

ten more men equaling 18 men. That the whore of babylon commits fornication with.

" having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

This line again to show that the abomination that causes desolation, is fornication.

And the beast that is the devil and satan. was commiting fornication with the whore,is not and is to commit again.

"The beast was and is not and is to come"

If you did not know,fornication is when sex is agreed,by the two people. in this case the whore of babylon and 18 men.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join