It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuel Storage for SHTF Scenario

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

For a 300 gallon tank, mounted, with dispenser hose/nozzle, and associated gauges and what-nots, came to a little over $6200.

I've got like a poor man's one of these, and I'm no longer using it. Someone (or two's) was filling up on my diesel would have happened ten times. Maybe the shtf thingy has already happened (or maybe just up here in the north)

Tried putting the meanest chains on the thing and they cut the lines instead. I use plastic containers now and take the trip to station sometimes twice in a weekend.

Yep - keep it quite and very unseen. Imagine how it would be when the supply goes

Goodluck with it

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

another thing is using those truck fuel tool box combo's to get and keep it as well as fuel stabiization products like PRI-g and PRi-d and other name brand fuel stabilization products.

Yep, our F350 has the extra tool box style tank (so has a total of 3 tanks)...mostly because it's used to pull the horse trailer. I posted a link about PRI-g earlier, for those questioning how the fuel can stay usable.

I'm definitely looking into less costly options than buying new, if I can get the same thing for less. (especially the idea of leasing or used).

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The cheapest way i know for fuel storage is using 55 gallon barrel drums you can pick those up for less than $50 each get 4 of them and theres a couple of hundred gallons for around $200 bucks.

Up to you tho.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
bottom line in a post apocalyptic world, fuel, bullets,food and other "wanted" goods will be the new currency, people will kill/steal/lie/cheat and do anything for those goods..

i would start investing in learning how to make my own alcohol/diesel based vehicle... there are a lot of renewable ways to create your own alcohol based fuel for diesel equipped vehicles...i dont know if you remember but in one of the episodes on that show the colony on discovery channel, they managed to get a diesel tractor to run on some diesel alcohol hybrid fuel mix

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
here is a link to a thread on the energetic forums i was following
after the shtf, im betting the raw materials for this system will be everywhere

plastic and tyres!!! as fuel enjoy

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It may be a good idea to look into smaller block diesel engines as well, a 3bt cummins with a mechanical fuel pump can be turned down and im not sure on the 3 cylinders but on the 6bt 12 valve they can easily reach up to high 20's to low 30's mpg, only down fall is that unless its a manual tranny these engines will tear up a stock auto tranny, as well with this there is a cheaper form of diesel without road tax called red diesel that is usually cheaper then gasoline, if ur caught usin this fuel before SHTF tho there is a pretty heafty fine thatll be comin ur way...... diesel also has a very high flash point

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join