It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis Suspect Obama Media Leaks to Prevent Strike on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
JERUSALEM - Two reports today about Iran's nuclear program and the possibility of an Israeli military strike have analysts in Israel accusing the Obama administration leaking information to pressure Israel not to bomb Iran and for Iran to reach a compromise in upcoming nuclear talks.

news.yahoo.com...

the most interesting part of this article is paragraph 4:

"It seems like a big campaign to prevent Israel from attacking," analyst Yoel Guzansky at the Institute for National Security Studies told ABC News. "I think the [Obama] administration is really worried Jerusalem will attack and attack soon. They're trying hard to prevent it in so many ways."

He called the Israeli government.....JERUSALEM.

It may seem small, but I don't think I've read anything where Israel has been called this in all of my life.
edit on 29-3-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If you ask me, I think the attack has already begun. Hope they keep this nice and clean.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Last thing we need is World War III -

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

perhaps an attack by Israel could cause WWIII.

an attack by Jerusalem seems to be an entirely different situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
About calling the Israeli government Jerusalem, it is like talking about American foreign policy by saying "Washington is doing X", or "Y from Washington", so I don't find that strange.

I agree with them though that is seems this administration is doing a lot to keep the Iran thing from happening despite the MSM hammering it into our brains day after day. It is something I actually applaud them for, even if it is merely to keep Obummer's chances of getting reelected up

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
About calling the Israeli government Jerusalem, it is like talking about American foreign policy by saying "Washington is doing X", or "Y from Washington", so I don't find that strange.

I agree with them though that is seems this administration is doing a lot to keep the Iran thing from happening despite the MSM hammering it into our brains day after day. It is something I actually applaud them for, even if it is merely to keep Obummer's chances of getting reelected up

not even the American government, Washington, recognizes Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel.

like i was trying to get across...an attack by Israel and an attack by Jerusalem are completely different. the question is...which is the world worried about.

and I don't think it was a mistake or stylistic choice on the part of the person that was quoted or by ABC news, but a deliberate use of the word signifying something different or changed from convention.

i could be wrong, being wrong isn't a major thing for me, but i felt it was noteworthy as i've never seen Jerusalem used in place of Israel in a manner which Moscow means Russia or Washington means the United States.

not trying to be alarming, just put it here for discussion.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
this link was on my list of frequently visited sites today, 29 March ...but published on 23 March

US, Europe, Israel Agree On Solid Intel: Iran Nuke Threat Far Off

Solid, in depth intelligence confirms with high confidence Iran has no weapons program, but peace is still rejected
by John Glaser, March 23, 2012

Source: news.antiwar.com...

it's all been a taunting session for over 6 months now...
the balloon will not go-up because if Irans' (peaceful) nuclear programs...

but blocking Iran from the SWIFT banker code that allows for transfers of sovereign monies between Iran-India-Russia-China-Etc will hurt the USA more than Iran...and will surely undermine the US dollar/petro dollar as the world's reserve currency

This SWIFT denial of access will be coming in April i think....
edit on 29-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

taunting sessions eventually end...and either something or nothing happens.

the question is which side benefits most by nothing happening. which side needs something to happen?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I agree both with this assumption of intentional leak to lower chances of Israeli strike and with the reason for this leak.
As for Jerusalem - this guy is Israeli working in Israeli insitute. And capital of Israel with all the government buildings is Jerusalem so everyone here refers to Jerusalem as Americans refer to Washington when they want to replace the long "US government" thingy.
Also,since we are at it - tomorrow is going to be pretty interesting day. There will be pro-Palestinian march towards borders of Israel ,and this year Iran plays a very large part in organising it. Last year it got ugly on Israeli-Syrian border when people stormed it and crossed into Israel and some got killed and last year Iran was much less involved and Syria was more stable.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
May i pause the button here to remind our listeners that Syria has moved a fairly large contingent of military towards the Isreali border recently.....maybe they know something....?Or maybe they want some human shields?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

i understand how the Israeli uses Jerusalem and their aspirations as a people...and in Israeli news perhaps this is common; i don't read Israeli news so I don't know.

please...so i can get off this obsession...show me where anyone has used Jerusalem as a synonym for the Israeli Government in American media and I promise to stop with this nonsense.

I figured it to be a show of strength and confidence on part of both the Israelis and ABC news that the whole world is about to consider Jerusalem and Israel to be one and the same...at present; however, this is not the case.

Can you imagine the magnitude of an event where the modern State of Israel and the City of Jerusalem are considered to be one and the same by the world...can you even begin to imagine?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

please...so i can get off this obsession...show me where anyone has used Jerusalem as a synonym for the Israeli Government in American media and I promise to stop with this nonsense.

you did, when you linked the article.

it's the capital of Israel and, as said above, it's akin to saying Washington

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Unbelievable...Israel works out a possible deal to launch strikes on Iran from Azerbaijan and the United States leaks this information?

This would be like Canada giving the Nazi's heads up about the invasion of Normandy.

What an inept President we have in the Oval Office.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

i need confirmation from a second source...preferably recent, showing that American media often calls the State of Israel, Jerusalem...or quotes, as the article above does, an Israeli calling the State of Israel, Jerusalem.

if it cannot be produced I'd like to maintain my belief that the article is historically significant and marks a change in the identity of the State of Israel and being fully reconciled with its ideal and that this changed is unofficially recognized by the United States Government, which currently considers Tel Aviv to be the Capital of Israel.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

maybe they wanted to be outed.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the line you are referring to is a quote, spoken by an Israeli and it would be very common for an Israeli to refer to his capital in that manner.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

But the American reporter is interviewing an Israeli. You want the news source to change the words in the interview?

Can you imagine the magnitude of an event where the modern State of Israel and the City of Jerusalem are considered to be one and the same by the world...can you even begin to imagine?

I do not know if it will help anything but Zion is just one of the Biblical names of Jerusalem. So every time you hear someone say "Zionist state" this is basically what it means.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

In news reports about Iranian comments regarding Israel, Iranians never say Israel, but something in Farsi meaning the Zionist Entity...but American news reports translate it as Israel...

yes...reporters will change the words...if it suits their purpose.

Israelis aren't stupid and the Israeli said it for a purpose, ABC quoted it for a purpose; knowing that many Americans will read it, as I did, and that in the future apparently from this day forward...the word Jerusalem (signifying a 5000 years old city) and the State of Israel are to be considered synonymous, not to just Israeli's but to Iranians and Arabs and everyone else...just as it is with Washington and America.

Even though this particular scenario is well known to be a major issue with that entire region; i suppose if people want to pretend its just business as usual they are free to do so.

this is just a discussion...no preference implied.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

that's a result of translation whereas, in this case, he was probably speaking in english.

you didn't really want to talk about the suspected leak, did you?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

we could discuss the leak...but i felt that story is cover for the revelation that Jerusalem and the State of Israel are one and the same; implying Israel has defeated its enemies.

the article is revealing that no strike on Iran is necessary...as Israel/Jerusalem is going to be holding down any threat from Tehran sitting on its northwestern border...anything they launch would be detected and destroyed long before it could reach Israel.

Now, Israel 'suspects' that Obama is leaking information...maybe they do but that's not why the article was written.

What could Israel possibly gain from the general public believing that Obama is trying to prevent a strike on Iran?

Of course he is...everyone knows this.

I entitled the thread as I did because that is the Headline attached to the article, but I really wanted to point out that the the City of Jerusalem is apparently synonymous with the State of Israel...meaning that victory is being declared.

Just thought something like that would be interesting; worthy of comment or discussion perhaps.
edit on 29-3-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join