It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The scary world of workplace warning signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Everyone has seen those warning symbols that come with dangerous machinery, usually with little silhouettes of people getting injured in some way. In recent years, however, as machines have become more and more complex and dangerous, the warning signs have likewise become more...unsettling.

I encourage you to check out this creepy yet entertaining photoessay, which has a lot of great examples of how strange warning labels have become. A few selections from the above link:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hahaha how cool is that?

The world gets weirder and weirder every day!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Personally, I think we should remove all warning signs and labels, and let Darwinism sort it out.
This would take care of the population problem, and as a result, take care of the employment issues, food issues, energy issues, and so on and so forth.

Most warnings are common sense anyway. I mean, do we really need a label that warns us not to stick our fingers into a blender, or that fresh coffee is "hot?"

If someone doesn't have common sense... well then...

Adiós.

edit on 29-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Very cool pictures, nice find. My first thought was 'Weird!', but I caught myself afterwards.I don't want to register these as weird, because it's just the evolution of the workplace safety field. The 1st picture with the guy being lifted by the robot is pretty amusing!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Thanks for posting that, very interesting.

You know, the whole point of having a logo or a graphic like these is to make it easy to instantly understand the danger for anyone. But most of these would leave me scratching my head if the words weren't next to the graphics.

To illustrate the point, I've changed some of the words for chuckles. (please excuse my poor photoshop skillz):

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Some of those are a little graphic.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hilarious!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Personally, I think we should remove all warning signs and labels, and let Darwinism sort it out.

Exactly.

Stupidity is mother nature's population control.

top topics

join