It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday dating sites: 'Don't face the future alone'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Destinyone

...to keep the great horned owls from grabbing a night snack...

They would do that? Just how big are the birds?

I don't think we have them here. Foxes are all you would need to worry about and the very occasional buzzard.

Maybe bird scaring abilities should be a match requirement. Many blokes would cope with that one

edit on 29/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Seeing as a full grown adult has a wingspan of 5 feet. And, can weigh in a 5.6 pounds.... baby goats are a treat for them. I have a 2 inch scar on my stomach from making the mistake of picking one up I thought was dead, after it hit and broke my windshield. It dug in, took 2 people to pry the talons open and get it off me. Pretty bird of prey though.

Great Horned Owls range in length from 18–27 in (46–69 cm) and have a wingspan of 40–60.5 in (101–153 cm); Females are larger than males, an average adult being 22 in (55 cm) long with a 49 in (124 cm) wingspan and weighing about 3.1 lbs (1400 g). Depending on subspecies, Great Horned Owls can weigh from 0.72 to 2.55 kg (1.6 to 5.6 lb).

en.wikipedia.org... [1]

edit on 29-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
surprised nobody came up with it sooner ...

will pass on it ... already got two good wives here and if ever do need another no problem just make a trip up to china .. visit a few villages and find a couple more ...

doubt many western women will hold up in an apocalypse without all their modern conveniences ... besides chinese girls are much more attractive than western women ...

good luck to those who try the site ....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This topic raises an interesting issue for me. I've always debated whether or not a relationship is a need or a want, in survival terms. Experience has implied that it is largely a want, which can actually compromise the ability to secure real needs; but then again, I don't think I should entirely disregard the morale issue, either.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sounds like something you would hear while listening to the radio in GTA

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Interesting.

I have a wife but perhaps I should contact them and order a blonde or two.. you never know and it never hurts to be over prepared.

"Honey, meet Susan. She's my back up wife in case anything happens to you during the upcoming global disaster."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
survival alone is probably not really survival
one of the first things the ptb have done is destroy the family.
some time caring for someone else gives a person much more staying power then they might have alone

a person would be doing well to have a mate that can do reality..
one that can't deal with stuff might make things really worse

besides survival stuff like outdoor skills, foraging, gardening, fishing hunting, and the like can be fun
more better then boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back movies

edit on 29-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
..b-b-but that takes away the fun opportunity for fate to intervene DURING a SHTF, to meet your soulmate, romantic love of your life while your on the move to your safezone.

i'd rather just meet a normal girl then convert her lol jk rowling. come with me if you want to live. /arnie

i don't know what to think of this, it would be nice as hell to have a woman on the same wavelength abotu stuff like this thats for sure. not afraid to just talk about whatever for a change instead of trying to impress me with fake stuff that could all end in a day

IMO

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

will pass on it ... already got two good wives here and if ever do need another no problem just make a trip up to china .. visit a few villages and find a couple more ...

doubt many western women will hold up in an apocalypse without all their modern conveniences ... besides chinese girls are much more attractive than western women ...

Have you really got 2 wives?

I'm trying to figure out your post.

p.s +1 on asian women.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It sounds great in concept. But, with my luck, I'd get the man that I'd have to teach everything to. I'm kinda like a magnet to men looking for mommies. I quit that game a long time ago.

Plus, who's homestead would the happy couple live at. I have my place already, with all the amenities in place. I wouldn't know where to put a man....in the barn with the goats....

If TSHTF in the worst possible ways, and we didn't work out. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good bullet to get rid of him.

Still something to consider I guess.....

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
If TSHTF in the worst possible ways, and we didn't work out. I'd hate to waste a perfectly good bullet to get rid of him.

LMFAO!!!!! love that.

some great post-apocolyptic humour right there.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Where do I sign up?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The thought of some of the people on here breeding sends shivers down my spine, let alone with eachother...
Stop the madness

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
sooo
you are suggesting condoms should be included in survival threads?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

I just can not let this go. Western women will cope a lot better than a lot of the men I know. What modern conveniences ..... Oh you mean water from a tap .... sorry don't have that.

Chinese girls are more attractive than western women ..... LOL ... Where do you come from? Now I have heard everything. Ha Ha Ha Ha

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
you can both turn into carbon when iran nukes the usa in 2013

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This seems like a decent idea.

Because every woman I have recently met have NO clue how to even cook.
Let alone survive or build a fire...

Jeez can I meet a decent girl who doesn't watch television?!
Or at least one that knows who the Rothschilds are?

(maybe I should sign up...I'm a good looking man! :lol

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I don't think I would sign up for this. I like to think that when a woman tells me, "Not if you were the last man on Earth ..." she's just exaggerating.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It's all fun and a good idea until one lures you into their isolated shack to show you their collection of weapons that will ensure your *cough* survival *cough*.

Bit too late when you realise that lampshade you just saw was made of real butt and not pigs butt.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well err no thanks I prefer to be the lone wolf type of dude in the apocalpyse always wandering

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

Western women will cope a lot better than a lot of the men I know

Mm, that is a bit of a sad statement, but on the other hand those types are not likely to be on the dating site looking for a rugged woman (and you can take that as you wish)

By the way women of many different nations can be attractive, and each nation has it's opposite styles as well! Same goes for the men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join