It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Operation Trafalgar begins

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Operation Trafalgar begins


www.itv.com

Police officers have been highly visible in central London today, as the Metropolitan Police launched a crack-down on crime in the West End.

'Operation Trafalgar' is designed to tackle crime, disorder and anti-social behavior in the heart of London.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Just found this article.. 400 police set to patrol the streets of London over the next 24 weeks.. leading up to and beyond the 2012 Olympics..

Not really sure if this is a joint effort alongside the UK/USA venture to overlook the security of the games.. I just found it coincidental that it is running for 24 weeks.. throughout the games..

Thought it would be worth bringing this to ATS attention.

www.itv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
Not really sure if this is a joint effort alongside the UK/USA venture to overlook the security of the games..


Is the security of the Games a joint UK / US operation. I think not.

Operation Trafalgar = good news for Londoners.

Regards



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Crack down on anti social behaviors? So what are they locking up every single teenager ? Cause last I check the age group from like 12-19 can be pretty anti-social...

Police state much?



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation
 


This is a Good Thing,yes?



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg
 


Whether or not it is a good thing is not for me to say.

I'm sure those fed up with criminals running rampant in London city will feel so.
As i am sure those criminals some who are forced to steal to make ends meat, will not.

The fact that 400 police can just storm a capital city repeatedly for a period of 24 weeks without having to answer for their actions in the public domain is a worrying thing. We simply do not know if justice is being served and in fact those captured and arrested are not done so falsely or via some clandestine nature.

I am open minded and have just put it out there as a news story.. my opinion isn't important. Yours is.



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation

The fact that 400 police can just storm a capital city repeatedly for a period of 24 weeks without having to answer for their actions in the public domain is a worrying thing. We simply do not know if justice is being served and in fact those captured and arrested are not done so falsely or via some clandestine nature.


Good old ATS melodrama....

"Storm the Capital"? Hardly..

Let's keep things in perspective. This is just an increased Police presence in a busy shopping a tourist district of London, not a "storming of the capital" or mass arrests of citizens thing.... Jeebus...



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Jeebus yerself......its highly possible a lot of lower income people will be incarcerated or run out of town.
This is a political sweep to" ethnicly clense "London of anyone who may want to use the olympics as a platform to protest, or anyone who hasnt the price of a meal.....
The utter hypocrisy of some posters....sheesh!



posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Prob still more good than bad at the end of it....maybe a few politicals or homeless get their feelings hurt but they really don't need to be underfoot so the Bobbies can concentrate on real business



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Jeebus yerself......its highly possible a lot of lower income people will be incarcerated or run out of town.


No, it isn't "highly possible". It's not even "possible". First of all, when have you ever seen a Police Operation used to "run people out of town"? There are operations like this all the time, in towns the length and breadth of England. The only reason you have heard about this one is it's visibility and the fact it is in central London. All this is going to be is an increased presence and maintaining visibility.

Trafalgar square and the surrounding area's are rife with thievery, pickpocketing and robberies, so in the run up to the Olympics where the UK wants to put on it's best face, it's desirable to make sure this is kept to a minimum.

The only people that will be "displaced" are the career thieves which will simply go elsewhere to ply their trade during this op.


Originally posted by stirling
This is a political sweep to" ethnicly clense "London of anyone who may want to use the olympics as a platform to protest, or anyone who hasnt the price of a meal.....
The utter hypocrisy of some posters....sheesh!


Is it now? Prove it.
"Political sweep", "cleanse London". You're full of crap..



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


You seem very pro police.. worryingly so..

You do realize that the police force is actually just another gang at the end of the day.
Their main purpose is to keep the poor from getting to the rich.. you do realize that don't you?

I mean its all fair and dandy taking the moral high ground and supporting your local bobby but really the police aren't really the community spirited bobbies of the past.. they are part of an elite force or empire which in time will undoubtedly become the world police for the United Nations. If you have read 1984 or a Brave New World perhaps you would allow your imagination to entertain the possibility that one day the very police you seem to be in such great support and admiration of will take you and your family away to war camp style prison without batting an eyelid.. or has all your time on ATS not made you aware of FEMA Camps?

I guess the fact that you have a royal emblem as part of your avatar and the word mason within your tag name should not be surprising to me when i read your posts in support of the very police who were just recently seen using kettling tactics and very heavy handed methods to control a pretty much dormant and passive crowd of peaceful protestors..

Then again the elite thinking minds often bandy together when they are being exposed..

Before you lend too much of your faith and support to the police , take a look around the world.. at all the continuing uprisings, riots, revolutions, marches, protests, rally's for justice.. and ask yourself who the first line of defense is that we the people come up against...

Perhaps its high time you take some of your own advice and start putting things into perspective yourself..
Ultimately when the stakes are high... the people will far outnumber the police.. id just double check which side of the fence you're on when karma comes back around



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
reply to post by stumason
 


You seem very pro police.. worryingly so..

You do realize that the police force is actually just another gang at the end of the day.
Their main purpose is to keep the poor from getting to the rich.. you do realize that don't you?

I mean its all fair and dandy taking the moral high ground and supporting your local bobby but really the police aren't really the community spirited bobbies of the past.. they are part of an elite force or empire which in time will undoubtedly become the world police for the United Nations. If you have read 1984 or a Brave New World perhaps you would allow your imagination to entertain the possibility that one day the very police you seem to be in such great support and admiration of will take you and your family away to war camp style prison without batting an eyelid.. or has all your time on ATS not made you aware of FEMA Camps?

I guess the fact that you have a royal emblem as part of your avatar and the word mason within your tag name should not be surprising to me when i read your posts in support of the very police who were just recently seen using kettling tactics and very heavy handed methods to control a pretty much dormant and passive crowd of peaceful protestors..

Then again the elite thinking minds often bandy together when they are being exposed..

Before you lend too much of your faith and support to the police , take a look around the world.. at all the continuing uprisings, riots, revolutions, marches, protests, rally's for justice.. and ask yourself who the first line of defense is that we the people come up against...

Perhaps its high time you take some of your own advice and start putting things into perspective yourself..
Ultimately when the stakes are high... the people will far outnumber the police.. id just double check which side of the fence you're on when karma comes back around


I think the the problem is he lives and sees reality as it is around him. He does not look at reality and then try and force it into some NWO, FEMA camp fantasy. And the fact the people far out number the police kind makes no sense for a police state does it? Nor does the fact the Government not only allows the use of but, gave to world the internet to use so you could out them. Hell none of it makes any sense what at all.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think the the problem is he lives and sees reality as it is around him. He does not look at reality and then try and force it into some NWO, FEMA camp fantasy. And the fact the people far out number the police kind makes no sense for a police state does it? Nor does the fact the Government not only allows the use of but, gave to world the internet to use so you could out them. Hell none of it makes any sense what at all.

Firstly i agree it is a problem and his reality is an issue if he sees it with rose tinted glasses.. i wouldn't even call it a reality but a self fabricated safe haven..

The police will still try and create a police state through the UN it is written in their charter articles.. The people will be enslaved and then I hope stand up and and be counted for by over throwing the system itself. The fact we out number the powers that be does not make the problem disappear and if you think it does i suggest you wake up! As for the internet , you do not know if it was introduced to serve a purpose before it is taken away from us... In fact you know very little.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
You do realize that the police force is actually just another gang at the end of the day.
Their main purpose is to keep the poor from getting to the rich.. you do realize that don't you?


Don't be silly. The main purpose of the police is to deter and prevent crime and protect the public. You may beg to differ, but I have seen no evidence of the police keeping the poor in their place.

To topic. Is this really news. A couple of months ago the police did an operation to tackle theft from the local churches and a few more offices were drafted in to my quiet rural backwater. It was news that they caught some scumbags nicking lead from the parish church roof. I suppose that had the scumbags they been successful in their enterprise then they would have got richer, so yeah, I see what you mean. The police stop the poor getting rich! Barstewards.

Regards



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation
 




You do realize that the police force is actually just another gang at the end of the day.


This is true
And your only innocent until you have been on the recieving end of a truncheon
instead of proven guilty

Cran



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join