It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a soldier, I have bills to pay and therefore I fight any enemy of my government.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

war is not about killing to me.

you can have it be about anything you like.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

i'm not making any sense...all you know is killing.

how could i make sense to you?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

So what is war about? everytime a bullet hits the belly of a human being its giving freedom to who?
everytime a city is bombed its KILLING whos enemies? when a whole village is raped and covered in blood who is the patriot that calls him self a man of god and peace? A murderer, or a contract killer is, cause i dont see it any other way then being a murderer none the less. These "ENEMIES" are just like YOU!

You belive its not about killing, but yet the tools they hold in their hands are meant to accomplish one task, and thats to kill.
And by your logic, killing is okay, meaning in your reality if someone were to try to kill you, you have no right to call them an enemy, they are only doing what you belive is right to do, hence making them just like you!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Take it from the real high-ups as to HOW they VIEW the solders:

“Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” – Henry Kissinger

'Nuff said

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

So what is war about? everytime a bullet hits the belly of a human being its giving freedom to who?
everytime a city is bombed its KILLING whos enemies? when a whole village is raped and covered in blood who is the patriot that calls him self a man of god and peace? A murderer, or a contract killer is, cause i dont see it any other way then being a murderer none the less. These "ENEMIES" are just like YOU!

You belive its not about killing, but yet the tools they hold in their hands are meant to accomplish one task, and thats to kill.
And by your logic, killing is okay, meaning in your reality if someone were to try to kill you, you have no right to call them an enemy, they are only doing what you belive is right to do, hence making them just like you!

war is about confirming ones right to exist. governments do not fight wars, nor does the military. they officiate them. if they get hurt in one its because they weren't following orders or operating according to their design.

human beings fight wars. some human beings enjoying corrupting the government and use it to fight wars on their behalf. so when a village is bombed, raped and covered in blood...one thing i am certain of is that my enemy did it; the enemy that corrupted and perverted the government to act in ways inconsistent with its design.

in the end...everyone will understand clearly what I am saying.

weapons are often used as props/symbols...to represent things that lack a physical reality. such as authority and power. they were never intended to be used against people. possessors of authority and power do not need them to do their job.

only people that don't possess power and authority use them towards these ends. and this they do with a great skill; perversion. another feature of these people is they don't understand that war is not about killing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Yes you are right , I am not a soldier.

Unfortunately there are too many people becoming a soldier just because of that lame reason...money (financial security, dental package, education..ect)

It is exactly these people who their masters want. The money motivation will garantee that they will do almost anything to keep and protect what they value so much. It is these people without a higher motivation that are willing to follow orders until kingdom come.

Any normal thinking and moral aware person would avoid the army under this Obama administration (or any like it) as the plague

edit on 29/3/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
if war is about killing why wasn't the Peter Sellers shot to death in this scene?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When it comes to government there's only one TRUTH:

THERE'S NO GOVERNMENT LIKE NO GOVERNMENT!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexanderTurboLover
When it comes to government there's only one TRUTH:

THERE'S NO GOVERNMENT LIKE NO GOVERNMENT!

nudest colonies are probably fun to visit, but you don't want to live there...especially when the seasons change.

keep you garment clean and you won't feel embarrassed to be seen wearing it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Whos design? why does the right to exist have to be proven by the means of military or gorverment? Im still not getting your point, what im reading and understanding, is that Military, and Government doesnt unclude human beings, humans arnt the ones that made the "design"? or the military?

Buddy, you are your own enemy, if you see other people as enemies you must be one also, to your self, sadly effecting others around you. If the military's job is not to fight, why go across the ocean to someone elses home? and then tell them you dont like them then blow em up!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Whos design? why does the right to exist have to be proven by the means of military or gorverment? Im still not getting your point, what im reading and understanding, is that Military, and Government doesnt unclude human beings, humans arnt the ones that made the "design"? or the military?

Buddy, you are your own enemy, if you see other people as enemies you must be one also, to your self, sadly effecting others around you. If the military's job is not to fight, why go across the ocean to someone elses home? and then tell them you dont like them then blow em up!

you kind of went in a couple of different directions with your post...but i'll try and answer.

the people designed the government. people are the ones that challenge other peoples right to exist. have you ever heard of crime or is this a new concept for you?

anyway...the government is the lawful authority to officiate the various conflicts that arise in society and has no preference in and of its own...its a machine. sure human beings show up and do their government jobs, but they do the government's work, not their own.

i suppose one reason a military will adventure to a far away land is because an idiot has convinced a moron that that is what governments are for. the strangest part of it all is that the idiot and the moron are enemies and the victim is the idiots children.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Is money to pay bills really reason enough to become a soldier in the US army? If so, what bills are we talking about?

A friend of mine did his two year guard duty. The government sen him a letter and told him that they would give him $16,000 for reinlisting and go to Iraq.

I do not know about you, but here in the midwest good jobs are a little hard to come by.

He took the check, did his time and now he is a postal employee.

He is a good person. It really is a shame that people judge others..............He bettered himself and his family in hard economical times.

Not every soldier kills for fun

edit on 29-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

the vast majority never see combat from what i've been told.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
dunno if you noticed
the uS gove
doesn't really plan to pay you
even if you do live

WHY THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO STEAL YOUR VA BENEFITS

www.vetsforjustice.com...
vets for justice

you did hear of how the insurance companies and the government were stealing dead vets insurance benefits that were to be paid to the families of the vets?
or do I have to dig those links up too?

oh hell here

Fallen Soldiers' Families Denied Cash as Insurers Profit

www.bloomberg.com...

just an IMHO
fighting to save ones familly friends and country...Brave
fighting to enrich someone who would steal your mercinary reward...foolish beyond all redemption
edit on 29-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I have another friend that was medically discharged for hearing loss due to firing the 50 cal on the humvees. He was a gunnery SGT. He got discharged with only a few months to complete his full service.

He came from a serious religous family and he is a good person. He came back with some pretty serious agression problems but he has since calmed down a bit.

This is one kid that I thought would never join the military. He was/is a drummer in the church band.

As far as not seeing combat, I have many friends and family that went and fought in battle.

My cousin is currently stationed in Japan. He is about the only one that I know that has enlisted and not seen any combat.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You do realize you are debating with people who are disconnected from history and reality by media right?
They have no idea what would happen if the US Armed forces completely stood down and let them try to solve issues with maniacs by debate.Far easier to brand a monster and dismiss all as a delusion.I was deluded to be angry about Beruit.I was a devil to fight in Desert Storm.
Just today I heard about more killings in Syria,but we are sick of that ride and policing the world,not to mention,There's no money in it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So, A soldier fights for his government to pay his bills.... regardless of whether they are doing the right thing or not.

Like bombing to smithereens a country (Libya) who's citizens enjoyed having FREE electricity, PENNIES per Litre of fuel, $50,000 when they are married, 50% off the price of a new car etc etc etc.

If Libya could do it WHY CAN'T WE.........Because we have allowed corporations to take and profit from our national resources rather than letting it benefit its citizens.

Maybe the soldiers should think about this before they blindly go on a killing spree for a corporate run government who cares little for its citizens standard of living.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

i consider it good exercise.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

gaddafi is the one that sent out the SOS...for NATO and others to come in to provide cover...you should be blaming him for what happened in Libya.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by ken10

gaddafi is the one that sent out the SOS...for NATO and others to come in to provide cover...you should be blaming him for what happened in Libya.

I don't believe that is what happened, but either way he and his country were betrayed and now the resources that benefited the citizens of Libya will now be privatised for international corporations to profit from

Way to go dumb soldiers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join