It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Jobcentre making up reasons to stop benefits?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I collected unemployment benafits years ago and they were always messing,with me.they dont care about us because they have a job and think they are high and mighty,but if it wasnt for us they would not have a job themselves.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blasphemusbudda

I once had the same thing in a job center.
Late for an appointment. When they started to abuse me. I said how dare you! My dad fought a war so that you could have a job. Which was paid by me until I fell off my cycle and became unemployed. Whats your name again? He reached behind and picked up his name badge of honor.
pinned it on then babbled away for a couple of minutes before apologuising
I signed on and left. With a smirk on my face. Cheeky public employees, give em an inch an they will take a mile every time. Well they must get it from those other lot, with the double houses and god knows what else. Moats and duck houses ect ect. All at our expense. They are now drunk and fighting in the strangers bar . Then go on to have a drunken sleep on the job, in the house of commons.
Oh the good life eh lads we are all in it togeather.
edit on 29-3-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
i have been claiming jobseekers allowance since december 2010 and i have never missed an appointment except for today. i walked into the jobcentre to sign on and i was greeted with "you should have been here this morning!" well i was never given a letter, i never recieved a text and i was not told verbally that i had an appointement. so anyway i sit down to have the little interview that they make you have when you sign and the assistant advisor asks why i missed my appointment? "because i was unaware of it, i recieved no text, no email and i wasn't told", to which the advisor replied "these are not guaranteed ways of informing you" WTF!!!!! so i can have an interview and not know about it!?! i then was told that because i'd missed the interview that i would be given my one and only warning and if it happens again i'll be sanctioned and loose benefits for 6 weeks and all over something that i had no control over. when i returned from the jobcentre i explained what had happened to my brother and he informed me that one of his friends had recently been sanctioned for missing an appointment- that he didn't know he had!! i believe that with the lack of jobs and the increase in unemployment add to the fact that they have just increased the benefit rate i wouldn't put it past our government to make up ways of kicking people off the dole. although that is just my opinion.

This is only one of many reasons why I stopped paying taxes, tv etc... Its all a bloody sham.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The government welfare state is a tricky buttmunch. they will do anything they can to make you jump through hoops, they practically give it away to others. I find and forgive me for saying so. First priority is not given to the former working class folks. They also will "lose" your information too, like you are a fool.

I had a GF, who made 7 photo copies of her application for foodstamps since she was in real dire straights and they had the audacity to tell her that they didnt recieve them.

They tried that malarky on me as well, but I called their bluff, and kept hounding them.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They call you and give you any ole job and it is a on job training. They don't care if you dissabled, to far to drive or whatever. If you turn down the job because it is a training job, you are in violation and you get cut off or worse yet, you have to pay it back. The phone judge is probably paid by them. And with all employers these days, You always a TEMP, that way they don't have to pay any kind of benefits. It is the way of the new ,these days. You do your probation period and just before you get to 90 days end of probation the temp. services says that your job assignment is done.They never hire you on, they just hire another JO to do the same job and then places like indrotec label you as hostile or attitude problems when your not. You immediately get blacklisted from temp services because of places like this. I only told them i have a heart problem and now i'm labeled attitude problem. They don't want people like me and they won't say why, they only give exscuses and label you this or that. All you people out there trying to get new jobs, you will have to go thru temp services alot, so get use to the new way jobs hire you now.
If you unemployed, i'm sure that 90% of you go thru temp. services, because that is the way that they do it these days. You start out with this really low wage that the temps. give you and the unemployment people love this because once you get on a temp. service job you are pretty much f# that way when the temp service lets you go and they will, and if you don't get a job right away and go back on unemployment you get the LOW,LOW PAY and then they throw jobs at you that train and you go on the merry go round again. WEEEEEEEE. In the end. You loose your house, you get bad credit and they label you bad news. Sounds great aye. This is the rollercoaster ride you will soon begin. FASTEN your bottom down good on the seat belt, your in for a RIDE.

edit on 30-3-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

You should be grateful for the amount of hard working taxpayer's money you've been handed since December 2010! Personally I think all able-bodied benefit claimants should do a minimum of 15-hours community service each and every week of their claim duration - it will balance the economy, keep them active and show they are willing to work. The fragile economy can no longer support spongers so it's time to start contributing and stop complaining.

Remember that the money you are given comes from the pay packets of those who are actually working for a living.

Is the Jobcentre making up reasons to stop benefits? No, they're quite rightly filtering out the suspected work-shy parasites. Good for them!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Another thing that's very bad about being on JSA, is that if you have any illnesses that can severely affect your work and you don't qualify for disbilty benefits because of the new draconian ESA system, they will actully tell you to not disclose these illnesses/disabilties to any possible employer. You are under no obligation to do so, but if an illness or disabilty can affect how you do your job you need to disclose it to a potential employer so they can accomodate you. If not, there's potential for accidents and you may not then be covered, or if you have to miss work for appointents or illness, you can end end up getting your arse fired and find yourself right back where you started.

I remember having it out with member of the JC, because of this. They told me that if i disclosed my long term illness on a job application or at an interview it will be seen as me trying to get out of work and i could face sanctions.

Also around the same time i was on JSA, i found out i was pregnant. It was a very big shock for me as it wasn't planned and was taking precautions. I was told by the job centre that i will have to look for work right up until i was 25ish (could of been a bit longer or a bit shorter) weeks and i was not to disclose that i was pregnant to any potential employer or they would not hire me. Sadly i had a miscarriage later on. But i can't even begin to imagine how they can possibly tell someone who is pregnant not to disclose their pregnancy to an employer.

This is highly unethical.

edit on 30-3-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
Remember that the money you are given comes from the pay packets of those who are actually working for a living.

Hmmmm, do you actually know this members full circumstances? How do you know they have not been paying into the same system for years as we all do?

To all the haters. You want to know the real reason why the Government and MSM are trying their hardest to condemn everyone on benefits and are making out that, that's where all our tax is going?

They are doing it to make you forget..... Bank bail outs, MP's living it up on taxpayers money, unnecessary wars and many more.

People have such short memories and are so very easilly distracted.

Ooooh look at the shiny shiny.

Bank bail outs? What bank bail outs? MP's living the high life on taxpayers money? Naaaaaaaaaa, i don't remember hearing about that. But people on benefits are all F'ing scroungers sponging off the system and sapping the country dry, because Government and MSM tells me so.

They are using benefit claimants and the benefits system as a scapegoat.....Stop believing the lies!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
WOW WOW AND WOW*********************************WTF.

I am now in a really good job and I am excelling HOWEVER I once did sign on for a while also. I was 22 and I was on Job Seekers for around 4 months. I can't believe a society such as this (evolved) would be little someone for being on benefits.
I know exactly how soul crushing and destroying it is knowing your relying on tax payer whilst all the people in employment look down on you. Your daily feeling of worthlessness.

I will say this... from my experience this time last year I was really depressed thinking that my life would revolve around the job centre.... it seriously can change should you have a more positive outlook. I am now 23 and I am doing a job which I found myself and I now earn over national minimum wage, without making this a "I am great" post (which I am by the way) I am just pointing out your life will change and you will find a job eventually! It's not the end of the world because your out of work. There are more important things.

OK IDIOTS trying to make benefit users feel small.... get a grip. Your no better than them because you pay tax. Your just in a better situation WHICH MAY I ADD could change at any time and you could be stood in the unemployent cue also. Karma is a b*tch and treating others like rubbish will one day come back on yourself.

Over and out.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I find it hillarious how many people put up so much hate over the JSA and benefits, seriously? You really think that is where all your taxes go? you make me laugh. Say, why don't you go spew some of that hatred onto the politians that waste it on, dinners, new houses and cars plus anything else they might feel they deserver

I don't care if some fellow human being takes my taxes if he's out of work, what do you want them to do? starve to death? eh? become homeless? that's really going to sort out the problem isn't it? No, you people think the politians deserve the money to spend on their fancy meals, houses and more. Oh and wars we don't need. Carry on people, go back to sleep.

edit on 30/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
my ex used to work for them and she was told regularly to cut back on as many people as she could

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i have never found a job through the jobcentre.
i have found that so many people get sent to the same job and as soon as you say you have found the vacancy though the jobcentre they don't want you, stereo types i guess.

they even tried to get my DIABETIC fiancee to join the army saying if he didnt he would lose his ebnifitys if not even though he had been on them 2 weeks after also being main redundant.
they didn't listen when he said they wont let him join do to his diabetes. he even took in his insulin and a doctors note and they still accused him of making excuses.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

They are doing it to make you forget..... Bank bail outs, MP's living it up on taxpayers money, unnecessary wars and many more.

We've had the banking crisis and the MPs expenses crisis and they have been or are being dealt with. The benefit claimants crisis needs to be dealt with, too. There are way too many people choosing it as a permanent lifestyle - not a temporary stop gap which is its intended purpose. If people haven't taken a job after allegedly searching for over a year questions need to be asked. There's also no reason at all why they shouldn't do community service while they're out of work.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

We've had the banking crisis and the MPs expenses crisis and they have been or are being dealt with.

No, it has been brushed under the rug. Just because it's not in the news anymore, or they have told us it has been or being dealt with, doesn't mean it's still not going on and still not having a major effect on our economy.

I also don't dispute that there needs to be an overhaul on the benefit system and that there are people who milk it.

But, it needs to be done in a way that's not tarring everyone with the same brush. It needs to be done in a way where people can actually be helped instead of being sent to useless Government funded agencies who do nothing but demean you and you come away learning absolutely nothing. Or being exploited by large companies like Tescos, Poundland and the like who want free labour. You must also remember that these Government funded agencies, A4E and others like them, are being paid millions in taxpayers money and they do nothing to help at all. But they do get nice big bonuses to get people off benefits, again out of taxpayers money.

Another one is ATOS who deals with medicals regarding illness and disability benefits (IB/ESA and DLA). They get paid a hefty amount of taxpayers money, and also get bonuses for getting people off these benefits, often failing people who are seriously ill or disabled and sticking them on JSA with no help whatsoever. Then there are the appeals, thousands of seriously ill or disabled people awaiting appeals that cost the taxpayers even more money, and the people who pass the appeals far outweighs the people who fail them because they shouldn't have failed the ATOS medical in the first place. More money wasted.

The amount of people milking the system is a lot less then the Government and MSM are making it out to be. The Government and the MSM are pretty much condemning everyone who recieve benefits, genuine or not and no matter how long they have been recieving them. This is a complete over generalisation and is being used to their advantage. Because instead of people actually thinking, hang on a minute, what else is all our tax money going on? They are blasting us with propaganda about all benefit claimants being scroungers and making people believe that this is where all the tax money is going, which simply isn't the case.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Don't get me started on ATOS. My father is victim to one of their"medical check ups". He got told he was unable to work before hand, due to injury to his spine/back a few years ago. Not only that there are mental issues after the issues we've been through this past year but anyway, he's actually fitter than me and there's not a problem. Ofcourse he's appealing and even his GP/doctor he sees at hospital is backing him up because they are shocked.

Oh well, their time will come.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

i am grateful, grateful for the 8 years i paid into the system before i was made redundant! i look for work everyday i go out to places to hand out my CV (something at one time the jobcentre told me not to do) i also volunteer (for a charity furniture project) not because i think i should but because i enjoy woodwork. i have had plenty of interviews and everytime it comes back to my spinal injury? my initial post was about how the jobcentre treat people the number of posts supporting this is clear, i have said it before and i will say it again i too hate the scroungers the people that don't do anything but sit there and take the dole, but this post isn't about that it's about the jobcentre. if you think that they are doing a good job that is your opinion but seeing as how you are apparently in work then you have no real basis for opinion on the current jobcentre.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I was supposed to get a payment off the jobcentre today, checked my bank £0.00. Phoned up the processing centre to see what was going on, "sorry sir, we haven't yet received your forms". Ok, fair enough, I'll just apply for a crisis loan as I am dead broke. Spent 20 minutes on hold, to be told, I don't qualify for a crisis loan as I have had 3 in the past 12 months, which as far as I know is news to me. Phone back the processing centre to see if there's anyway I can get some money to survive through till next week, (really don't wanna go out and do something stupid in order to eat and end up in a police cell till court time on monday) get told there's nothing that can be done, apologies all round, told to accept it for what it is. And they want me to comply with all their rules and do everything they tell me to do, like attend this silly work programme that just helps push people into menial jobs that they are going to get bored at after a week of being there, sounds great. To be honest, maybe I'm just being fussy, maybe I owe it to society to work at any job I can get regardless of whether or not it suits my needs, as long as the coffers are getting filled and people are busy. no point to this just wanted to vent, lol, thanks for reading

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Anyone in the UK on JSA or ESA should read the following -

www.consent.me.uk...

www.refusewp.com...

www.boycottworkfare.org...

And if claiming ESA please google Pat's Petition and sign up to ask for a pause for cuts to benefits and services.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by keldas

Damn where was this info 2 weeks ago

Got reffered to the work programme Monday gone

Aah well, guess I just have to find a job i suppose. At least the work programme ain't half as bad as the old new deal courses, my word were they unbearable.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

this happened to my dad too he was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus and had an annyeurism on his aorta! after his first op (to sort out the annyeurism) he had to go for a medical exam and the doctor there told him to go back to work 4 weeks before he was due to have his cancer operated on!! it took a letter from the surgeon who was doing to do his cancer op to get him back on incap.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join