It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Jobcentre making up reasons to stop benefits?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

SO instead of swallowing your pride and taking a "lesser job" while you look for better work (like im currently doing) you'd rather take tax payers money.

If i worked in a job center i'd probably be pissed having to waste my time on people who don't want to help them selfs. I was brought up in a poor area in london and i know the majority of people abuse the system. It makes me sick.

Dont search for a job at home what a ineffective way of looking for a job.Get up, put something decent on, look presentable and go to every shop ask to speak to the owner or manager, if there not there come back another day, shake there hand and ask if there our any available jobs. Even if its sweeping the floor you'll feel better about your self.

IM early twenties and i've had a job since i was 16,first job out of school was cleaning at the school after hours i worked 2 hours after school 5 days a week and got 60 pound a month. while trying to contine my education. Sorry if i seem mad its just lazy people make me sick.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't think its a case of being lazy, not wanting to take a lesser job, heck if a guy had degrees he sure don't wanna become a janitor!! You need to take into account the incentives of going back into work, which there barley are any....Some one who has degrees I should imagine had a previous job that paid well, so he may have a mortgage and other commitments to pay, this can limit the jobs you can apply for because he needs to be earning a certain amount...where as while jobless he at least has help from the gov to cover some of these costs.

All of this is actually pointless until there are any jobs to actually apply for, I've been looking for 5 weeks now and found..................drum roll please........................3 jobs!! to apply for that is, and Ive heard fek all back.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

edit on 29/3/12 by Kram09 because: Never mind

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I don't think its a case of being lazy, not wanting to take a lesser job, heck if a guy had degrees he sure don't wanna become a janitor!! You need to take into account the incentives of going back into work, which there barley are any....Some one who has degrees I should imagine had a previous job that paid well, so he may have a mortgage and other commitments to pay, this can limit the jobs you can apply for because he needs to be earning a certain amount...where as while jobless he at least has help from the gov to cover some of these costs.

Unavailable for work
You can be regarded as not being available for work and not entitled to Jobseeker's Allowance if you put unreasonable restrictions on the following:
The nature of the employment
The hours of work
The rate of pay
The duration of the employment
The location of the employment

So gaming the system is ok if you have degrees because janitor work is beneath you?
and im pretty sure a full time #ty job will get you more then then a max of 188 pounds on the JS allowance.
in fact lets do some quick math min wage*39 hours 6.08 * 39 = 237.12 with a quick tax income i based on the age of 21 ( taxcal ) mean you'll be making £206.67 weekly. More then the max not by much thats for sure but atleast your not leaching of the system and being one of those people that everyone would look down on.

And go out and look for a job you can't do it all online or over the phone why would anyone pick you over someone who came in and followed up with phone calls or emails? you got to want it. If you don't then your a leech.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Bixxi3

So what? What do you want a medal?

Nobody should be asked to remove their qualifications from their CV.

Somebody works hard to get a good set of qualifications and then they're asked to remove them? That's demeaning and insulting and if somebody asked me the same I'd refuse.

In such a case I'd be willing to take a lesser job but not at the expense of belittling my achievements or talents.

Everything's backwards. It's sad.

If you leave them on and you apply for Mcdonalds your not going to get hired. Your excuse there is pathetic sure you "worked hard" but you have to do what you can do to survive. Your obviously not getting it. Maybe this if just a moral thing. i would rather work hard and swallow my pride then want money handed to me just because i don't want to edit my CV pathetic really.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
here in Ireland they just stop your money and investigate you while you have no money to live on, they just do not care! 3 people live in this house and one by one our money was stopped, mine for 3 months, by brother for 6 months and now my son since january! its only us they do it to but it sure feels like victimisation to me!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

The only thing pathetic is you ranting and raving.

Get off your high horse, instead of sat there having the audacity to accuse people of being lazy.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Bixxi3

The only thing pathetic is you ranting and raving.

Get off your high horse, instead of sat there having the audacity to accuse people of being lazy.

I apologize if it seems like im "ranting and raving" to the people who disagree with me, it's just im right and your wrong.

And maybe lazy is the wrong word maybe unmotivated is a better word because there parents lived there whole life on the dole everyone else around them thinks its ok, so why should they change right?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I remember when they tried to get me to work 6 weeks unpaid labour for Tesco, I refused point blank and never got any hassle off them since.

I'm joining the Army now, I have one last selection course to go on then I can finally sign off and get my life back on track.

There is so much stigma surrounding jobseekers and it really isn't fair, people today have only 2 options really;

1. Take a dead end job that pays minimum wage (Call centre, door to door sales)
2. Get yourself in all sorts of debt by taking some college and university courses and then have to re-sign on benefits due to lack of jobs.

Thankfully I'm still young enough to get a full and prosperous career out of the Army and I intend on making the most of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
seeing how there is no way to prove who is lazy and who isn't it is kind of pointless arguing about it, yes there is most definitely a culture in the uk of claiming benefits just to get the money without looking for work. there are also people who look for work and have no luck as well as people who claim and work, they really disgust me. whether this guy wanted the janitor job or not is irrelevant. the point is the jobcentre shouldn't be taking anything off anyones cv,

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

SO instead of swallowing your pride and taking a "lesser job" while you look for better work (like im currently doing) you'd rather take tax payers money.

Well i've been paying tax for nearly 30 years, so I don't feel bad about it, since i've contributed a hefty amount of tax for the benefit system myself - wanting my hard earned qualifications to be used in a career of my choosing or indeed looking to move to a town or city with a better job opportunities is not what I'd consider 'benefit scum' - I merely wish to better myself after six recent years of hard graft and studying.

If I was to take a part time mundane job, I wouldn't be able to move or pay my rent - and yes I've
edit on 29-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nothing worse than a jobsworth. Sure these people are paid to treat people like this, but they dont have to be such morons really. The fact is a lot of people in the jobcentre we on the dole themselves, they KNOW what its like, they were probably mistreated themselves. Yet rather than empathise and understand, they just do as they are told and ruin peoples lives. If a job does that to you then QUIT, its better to keep your soul and integrity intact rather than sell it for job security.

I hate this work based society. It is not how we are supposed to live. I dont care what people think of me for having this view, I know that the majority of people in this country would hate me for it. But work is NOT the only option. Sure we need to somehow provide for ourselves, but to call people on benefits scroungers is ignorance. How the hell do people know what they do with their time? Working for an employer is not the only way to contribute positively to society. In fact, many of the corporations have negatively impacted on society.

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with taking from the state. The state take far more from us in taxes than is reasonable. Taxing both income and expenditure in as many ways as possible. Benefits claimants take nothing compared to what the rich take from us all. It angers me that the government are more concerned with screwing the poor and those who have found a way to live their lives without getting the richer rich. Living on benefits is not easy and luxurious for most people on them, sure you hear the isolated stories about people living on hundreds a week in the biased tabloids, but the majority of people on benefits are on around £70-£100 a week. I challenge ANYONE who puts people on benefits down to live on them. They would not manage because the people who usually complain the most are the ones who have never experienced it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Anger is like holding a hot coal....the tighter you hold it, the more it will burn you.

Maybe you should focus the anger you have, that is currently directed towards the wrong people, and turn it into something constructive.

Write to the prime minister, and tell him about your anger and press the solution of creating more jobs and minimizing immigration.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Dont search for a job at home what a ineffective way of looking for a job.Get up, put something decent on, look presentable and go to every shop ask to speak to the owner or manager, if there not there come back another day, shake there hand and ask if there our any available jobs. Even if its sweeping the floor you'll feel better about your self.

Thanks for the advice. But as an ex-manager of a pub, a shop and tons of experience in retail, warehousing, factory work, packing, promoting, Dj'ing, gardening, printing, studio building, mowing lawns, delivering papers and leaflets sweeping floors, cleaning cars and such - I don't need to be judged or told how to find a job,.

IM early twenties and i've had a job since i was 16,first job out of school was cleaning at the school after hours i worked 2 hours after school 5 days a week and got 60 pound a month. while trying to contine my education. Sorry if i seem mad its just lazy people make me sick.

Well my tax money probably contributed to your education, should I insult you for sponging off my hard earned money? I was doing a paper round at the age of 14-15 before I even left school.

Maybe you should readjust your blinkered views and climb off your rather patronising high horse and consider the notion that not everyone on benefits is a sponger, nor do they wish to be there.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by josephamccoy

this has happened to a relative of mine. i know because he uses my landline as a point of contact as well as address for letters. i had a go at the girl on the other end laying the law down and threatened to take this further up the triangle if she didn't drop the sanction. it worked. it seems like it could be standard operating procedure. i would however e-mail the dwp and voice my disgust if i were you.
regards fakedirt.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

LOL you are making me laugh now I've fully read your posts.

Telling the man to remove his degrees so he can work for McDonalds? How degrading and morally wrong....and you would advocate this??

How much does it anger you that I've turned down 3 Apprenticeships because they only offer me £2.60 an hour??

Ohhhh does it hurt? Make your blood boil?

I believe me and the Sir mentioned are people of principle, and will NOT buy into the system, we shall resist and fight the system until it corrects its self in functionality!!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Bixxi seems to be from America. They probably don't understand that the majority of people in the UK pay in to the benefits system via National Insurance contributions for many years and it's those contributions that get paid back to you.

@Bixxi, not everyone is a lazy unmotivated scrounger.
edit on 29-3-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Well i've been paying tax for nearly 30 years, so I don't feel bad about it, since i've contributed a hefty amount of tax for the benefit system myself - wanting my hard earned qualifications to be used in a career of my choosing or indeed looking to move to a town or city with a better job opportunities is not what I'd consider 'benefit scum' - I merely wish to better myself after six years of hard graft and studying.

If I was to take a part time mundane job, I wouldn't be able to move or pay my rent - and yes I've

Honestly it sounds like an excuse you'd rather not work a full time #ty job to save and then move?

you fit under benefit "scum" because you you've done what practically every other person has done and that is pay taxes and get a education, yet somehow you are entitled to not have to work and save to move?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
reply to post by Sinny

Bixxi seems to be from America. They probably don't understand that the majority of people in the UK pay in to the benefits system via National Insurance contributions for many years before losing a job and that not everyone is a scrounging lazy unmotivated person.

moved to america just a few years ago. I've lived my whole life in the good ole UK and very proud to be English thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The economy is goosed. Whos fault? Govt. There are no jobs, whos fault? Govt.
Benifits? These were won as rewards, for fighting wars that govts created. After dying in their millions for queen and country. The govt should get its finger out and try to solve these problems, that they and their rich banker cronies have created.
People were encouraged to go to college/uni. So that they could better them selves. Why are their no jobs?
Because our the govt exported our jobs abroad.
If those thieving twats could just do the job they were elected to do, then things might be better. We may as well p*ss in the wind than expect that. Labour Tory and Liberals, they are all in the same gang and its not with the working class.
We need a revolution here in the UK to get rid of all these traitors in our Govt. They have committed treason by giving away our rights to the europeans. Without the say so of the people.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join