It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Stealth Aircraft With Search Lights On

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
About 4 years ago I was sitting in my home in the mountains of West Virginia, it was about 8:30pm - 9:00pm at night and all of a sudden it turned daylight outside. I opened the blind and saw the light coming from the sky. It was a clear night and I could see the planes very well. I ran outside on the back deck and there were two Stealth aircraft, spaced out nose to tail but across from each other. One of the first two had a huge search light on and was swinging it around at the ground, as if searching for something. It lit up a huge area very brightly. About 30 seconds behind came the next two, same formation. One of them on the other side had a search light on and looking all over the area. About 30 seconds later the next two came, same formation, but neither had search lights on. Then the last two came about 30 seconds later and one of them had a search light on and moving it all over the area.

They were flying at about 1200 feet or less and they were flying very slow. So slow you wouldn't think that they would be able to stay in the air. They weren't very loud either. Infact, I could barely hear them. At that height it should've been extremely loud. I watched them until they went completely out of sight.

This is apparently a main travel route for military aircraft because for the many years that I have lived here many fighter jets have zoomed through here, at times scaring the hell out of everyone and a lot of military helicopters come through here. I guess they come from Virginia and go to Ohio and vice-versa.

About 5 years ago, I kept hearing a helicopter and went out to look and I watched two military helicopters, one black and the other was white camo, keep circling about a 3-4 mile radius many times. I have no clue as to what they were looking for. About an hour after that 3 huey's came through.

I actually reported it to MUFON abnd the guy told me that he never heard of anything like that and if I witnessed anything more to contact him immediately. I can't remember his name but he told me that he was present during a missle test when a UFO shot a missle out of the sky with some kind of laser beam.

If there are any military pilots here, or anyone who knows a lot about aviation, why would Stealth aircraft fly so slow with search lights on like that?
edit on 29-3-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
There could have been a military drill - many times they can do a drop in a zone, and have the planes perform search spreads looking for said item.

Or - they were looking for something.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

What an interesting tale! I've never seen anything like that before myself? I hope this thread gets plenty of attention as it will be interesting to see what the resident aviation experts think.

My best guess would be as the poster above said, a drill or they were looking for something. S&f.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Do you live in the country or a city?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Many drones would be slow, quiet and have a stealthy appearance. You might think they would operate more independently of each other though...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chevy369
Do you live in the country or a city?

I live in the mountains of Nicholas County, West Virginia. It's a very small town and kind of remote.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There's one active base in West Virginia, it's called NIOC and is very secretive.
I say active because a few have been taken out of service...i.e., Greenbrier.

But because of the hilly terrain and remote locations, West-by-God-Virginia is a great place for them.
And I'm sure there's more than a few "hidden" military locations in them thar hills.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
WOW!!!

That looks EXACTLY like this story:

"As we rounded the corner our onboard computer began to flash in and out, speed recorder went nuts, and both locomotives died. Alarm bells began to ring and thats when we saw the objects. Apparently scanning the river for something, the objects, (at least 3) had several "search" lights trained there, the first object hovered about 10 to 12 feet above the track.

Metallic silver in color with multiple colored lights near the bottom and in the middle, no windows or openings of any kind that we could see. Approximately 18 to 20 feet in length and probably ten feet high."

Source is this old thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Title: "Train Collision With Hovering UFO Disc Paintsville, KY"

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well im no pilot but i can tell you as far as my experience goes, planes do not carry search lights.. If they do, it's new to me!

Thats a job for helicopters because if your actually looking for something you need to go slow and i doubt any plane with the current (known) technology can prevent falling out of the sky from lack of lift or something like that unless it's a harrier.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I was a F-16 Crew Chief in the USAF and can tell you that there is no airplane with a search light on it. They do have landing gear lights that are bright but no to the level which you are stating. It had to be helicopters. They do have stealth helicopters that are almost completely silent by the way.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorry jets dont carry searchlights. And a stealth bomber dangling a huge searchlight kinda defeats the purpose. Your specifically labeling the aircraft as such leads me to believe it wasnt mistaken identity as much as imbellishment or fabrication.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
At no point has the OP said anything about bombers. "Stealth aircraft" is what was stated. Please read with some degree of accuracy.

There is no reason for anyone to think that what was stated was untrue, fabricated, embellished or otherwise anything but a witnessed event as described. If you have compelling reason to doubt the observation skills of the OP, please do set them out on the table for all to see! Otherwise, don't be so arrogant as to state unequivocally that he is wrong. Your own cognitive skills leave much to be desired, as we have now seen.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Hello fellow Mountaineer!

You near Richwood? I spent many a happy summer there years ago with my grandparents. Now when I look at it in Google Earth, it is so sad.

My grandma swears she saw a UFO following the river there years ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I bet you that you saw some of your State's National Guard, State Police, etc.. out looking for pot plants. You're in prime cannabis growing country.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To Berkely Gal: I was born in Richwood(when it was a repectable town) but we moved a few years after. My family moved around a little bit. Now I'm near Summersville Lake, where I've been for years. I've heard of a few sightings there and I have a newspaper clipping of a close sighting near there, in Canvas from back in the mid-eighties, I think.

To Marrr: I know what a helicopter is and it was no pot sweep. I don't appreciate that. These black, triangle jets weren't too far from my location and I could see them clearly, as it was a bright evening. Helicopters?? Jeesh(facepalm)

To NoSoup4U: I didn't know for sure if they had search lights or not. Could the military have made some modifications to put them on there? But I wouldn't know why they would need them. That's what makes it strange. Please elaborate.

To other posters: I know what I saw and would never fabricate anything. I have better things to do with my time, I don't need the attention, really, I don't. This is one of the reasons that I signed up here because I know there is some good minds here, pilots, and a lot of other walks of life, thinking that maybe there is a plausible explanation for what they were doing.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If the lights were that bright how could you see the planes they had them on, surely they would have been bright enough to blind you? Someone holding a torch would do the same, so if it was bright enough to light up the ground from the air it would need to be VERY bright indeed.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by moonrunner

They were moving the lights all around and I could see the jets clearly. They wern't shining the light into my eyes, blinding me. It's like seeing someone with a flashlight right before dark and you can make the person out as long as they aren't shining it in your eyes. Does this make sense?

I would just like to know why they were doing it. It's been on my mind since I witnessed it and hope that either a pilot, engineer, aircraft mechanic, etc., could clarify it for me. If anyone here knows pilots, engineers or whatever who are members here at ATS, please direct them to this thread because I'm getting more intrigued that an answer wasn't given immediately.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fylgje
This is apparently a main travel route for military aircraft because for the many years that I have lived here many fighter jets have zoomed through here, at times scaring the hell out of everyone and a lot of military helicopters come through here. I guess they come from Virginia and go to Ohio and vice-versa.

There's your answer. I live right near a military base and there isn't a day I don't see warplanes, they usually travel int he same directions. What you saw was likely some kind of exercise but I don't know why they would shine light on someones property, maybe the crew made a mistake? The pilots of military aircraft are human to ya know

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can you provide a better description of the aircraft?

What lead you to believe they were "stealth" aircraft?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
Can you provide a better description of the aircraft?

What lead you to believe they were "stealth" aircraft?

They were huge, black triangles. Looked like either stealth bombers or something like that. They were stealth aircraft of some sort. I'm not an expert so I'm not really sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join