It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Oklahoma kids carted away from school grounds without parental consent or knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Recently, there has been a disturbing nation-wide trend of parental rights being trampled upon by public school officials, from bag-lunch inspections to electronic bracelets being used to spy on overweight kids. This week brings another example of complete disregard for parental rights, this time from Grove High School in Delaware County, Oklahoma. Grove High School transported 699 kids away from school property without first notifying parents of their intent to do so, nor obtaining the parents consent. Parents were only told, by way of this nondescript robo-call, that there would be a "drill":

Per the rules, please see more details at the article: www.americanthinker.com...

*Note: I hope I am posting this correctly, I managed to work up my posts so I could post this. It is truly alarming to see what the schools are trying to do and word needs to be spread around because if this does not stop, what will they do next? They did this in conjunction with the local police force, EMS, etc.

edit on 29/3/2012 by kosmicjack because: ex tags

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LauraBow

I should also add that the superintendent's quotes are in the article, I did not post those, but they believe that they are allowed to take the kids because they will remain on "school property", the school buses, even if they are moved from one location to another off school grounds.

We'll see if I can post a Youtube to the phone call that was received by the parents:

edit on 29-3-2012 by LauraBow because: Added video

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Then what is the purpose of permission slips to go the zoo?
I love the way they justify things.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I guess, according to the superintendent, they get off the bus after they've physically gone somewhere. It's insane! That's like saying the teacher can take you on a bus 300 miles away, as long as you don't get off, it's alright cause it's school property.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

This would be The final straw for me. If anyone "kidnapped" my kids I would take up arms and start taking lives. Touch my children and your a dead man.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

This would be The final straw for me. If anyone "kidnapped" my kids I would take up arms and start taking lives. Touch my children and your a dead man.

It's disturbing that they think they have this sort of authority in a planne drill scenario, that the parents shouldn't be notified when it's only an exercise. This is the local newspaper, grandlakenews.com... , they did not allow comments to be posted on the article before the drill happened. I wonder if they care enough to follow up on this.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join