It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Caller Arrested After Cops Gun Down Unarmed Black Teen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
George Zimmeran 2.0. I don't think he would've gotten this idea if the Trayvon Martin thing wasn't being plastered all over the news:

At a press conference Wednesday in Pasadena, California, police announced that they have arrested a man who called 911 earlier this week, claiming he’d been robbed a gunpoint by two black teens. Police responded to the incident with deadly force

after being questioned, the 911 caller admitted that he made up the part about the teen being armed to "speed up" the police's response time.

the kid died.

No stolen goods or a firearm were found on McDade

i'm sure the caller didn't think the cops were going to kill the guy, but still- when you're calling 911, at least tell the truth

Source
edit on 29-3-2012 by couldbeanyone because: source

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

More fuel for the fire of the new race war started by the media and Obama to win a reelection. whipping the black community into a frenzy of white verses black even though Zimmerman isn't white. I understand the caller getting in trouble for lying but the blame should be rested on the police who shot the kid if he was unarmed. They always act like the person is armed ALWAYS! I live close to Pasadena so trust me i know. Also they call in like 3 backup cars at a time and that's just for a traffic stop. Even if he didnt state they had a gun the cops still would have acted in the same manner because in reality they don't know if the kid had a gun or not and just didn't decide to use it in the robbery. They would have acted this way regardless of what the guy said to 911.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't think he would've gotten this idea if the Trayvon Martin thing wasn't being plastered all over the news

I feel that's a bit of a "stretch". Filing a false report over 911 is nothing new, and many people tend to exaggerate the circumstances of robberies, and crimes in general. After all, it's not very "macho" to be robbed by someone without a weapon.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cops would have killed the guy anyway. They assume everyone is armed. Otherwise people wouldnt be shot holding wallets and phones.

The callers mistake was admitting he lied. Should have said "I thought I saw a weapon." It works for cops.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
more fuel to the fire? first you guys say we should look at all the other travesties in justice now you say we are adding fuel to the fire? oh i get it we should just look for travesties against white people

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Cops would have killed the guy anyway. They assume everyone is armed. Otherwise people wouldnt be shot holding wallets and phones.

The callers mistake was admitting he lied. Should have said "I thought I saw a weapon." It works for cops.

That was a mistake??

If something you said was the catalyst for the chain of events that caused somebody's life to end I would hope you would feel something... Even if he was robbing you of your material goods......

However a lot of the blame falls on the police officer as well. Aren't police supposed to restrain until they see a threat to them or the people around them? If he didn't see a gun, then why did he shoot? What made the police officer think he had to shoot??
edit on 29-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He should be charged with manslaughter or murder. At the least.

And the police should be investigated and, if determined to have responded without just provocation, then they should be charged too.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

good point. but when i read the article my "feeling" is that this guy is probably a little racist and wanted to get these guys put away, thus he said what he thought needed to be said, even though it was not the truth. we do not know if these kids robbed him or what, but he lied to get them arrested. my "feeling" is just my opinion though, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
That was a mistake??

Sure it was. The cops were going to shoot anyway regardless of what the caller said.

The chain of events that lead to the death was set in motion by the thieves who decided to rob somebody.

Aren't police supposed to restrain until they see a threat to them or the people around them? If he didn't see a gun, then why did he shoot? What made the police officer think he had to shoot??

Cops are always terrified of their surroundings. Everyone is a threat and we all have 50mm machine guns strapped to our arms with cop-specific seeking bullets.

Which is why you never call the cops for anything. Ever. They're just as likely to murder you as any gangster thug is.

Those cops woke up that morning thinking they had to shoot.

They're just trying to pass the blame off onto the caller. They pulled the trigger.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

you got it.
travesties are happening everywhere, every second of everyday to people of all races and creeds. i think it's a sad day in this world when it matters if people are black white brown or yellow.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

oh i get it we should just look for travesties against white people

No you don't! We ALL should learn to ignore the adjectives we tend to place in front of "people".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You might be right, but I'd be willing to bet that if he was indeed robbed, and it was by a couple of White kids, he would have still claimed they were armed.

Unfortunately racism finds it's way into far too many of these incidents.

One of your stars is mine.

See ya,
Milt

PS: I also put a star on your last post.
edit on 29-3-2012 by BenReclused because: Add a PS

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
cops must allway think they have a gun!

so if they have a gun!
shoot to kill

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I find it amazing how a few small minded people like this 911 caller can start millions of people into doing and thinking life changing, and even paradigm changing things......stuff so horrible they would never even contemplate it without the mob mentality.....
Take the self immolation that kicked of the Arab springs....
The various seemingly racist killings here and there.....
The stage is set by the media....They are the harbingers of the NWO agendas....
Where they go, the country will soon more or less follow.....
Such is the power of subtle suggestion that many will perish in a North American Hollocaust like no other.....why?
Because everyone will be whacking everyone!
There will be no front or battle lines of any size....it will be individuals killing whoever they dont understand or like.....and others killing back....the rest caught up and killing to survive the chaos.
Hey Donald ! DUCK!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

great point. it all comes to the idea that our government now wants everyone to be suspicious of their neighbor. "see something, say something" - the idea is good, but everyone is so freaking paranoid that they're taking it so far.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

you could be right as well. unfortunately in these kinds of cases, the truth never finds its way out. thank you for your open-mindedness and your willingness to discuss and consider all sides. i wish more people were like you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

oh i get it we should just look for travesties against white people

No you don't! We ALL should learn to ignore the adjectives we tend to place in front of "people".

See ya,
Milt

you are absolutely right but at the same time i find it very hard to believe that a lot of these people claiming that the media is starting a race war do not have a little racial prejudice in them and that is why i worded my post that way.
i dont think looking at tragedies should be a racial issue. i dont care about the colors involved but why do people keep trying to turn these issues into racial issues, zimmerman is half hispanic i am hispanic i still think what he did was wrong. if zimmerman goes to trial and is found guilty i hope this will deter other wannabe cop vigilanties from patrolling their neighborhood while armed trying to find trouble, if you want to play supercop go to the police academy and become a cop! what stopped zimmerman from doing that?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thank you for that. I certainly don't get many compliments here, on ATS.
You also have demonstrated a great sense of honesty and open mindedness. That is truly refreshing.

I don't feel the problem is so much a matter of "the truth never finds its way out", as it is a problem of so many of us not wanting to accept the truth if it's not what we want it to be.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

i find it very hard to believe that a lot of these people claiming that the media is starting a race war do not have a little racial prejudice in them

I do too. If it weren't for our own racial prejudices, the Trayvon Martin case wouldn't be the sensation it seems to have turned into. Unfortunately, the MSM is more interested in ratings than it is in the truth. The truth is quite often very boring.

I appreciate your obvious honesty, so you are now on my ATS friends list.

See ya buddy,
Milt
edit on 29-3-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join