It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defining the external, you define yourself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Everything you see outside is actually inside, where it is processed by the brain. You think you are viewing something 100 feet in front of your eyes, but really, its being viewed a couple inches behind your eyes. Its no wonder that the way you choose to perceive the world and your attitude about it effects how you perceive yourself and your attitude about yourself. Its because everything 'out there' that you are labelling as "this" and "that" is actually 'in here', and labelling anything as anything is labelling what's 'in here'.

What is defined externally becomes translated to feeling internally. So when you see beauty externally, it is translated into the feeling of beauty internally. Beauty is a glorious feeling. It can often bring about pride in your existence, especially because there is glory all around you and all within you.

When you define something that is external, it subjectively becomes what you have defined it as. So in that sense, you literally can create reality, but it will only be an internal reality. I put the subjective world on a high pedestal because it is the one that I really can create by observation. In creating your own inner reality, it also can be objectified, but not observed by you. You can see my inner world through my eyes. And if I am kind enough to choose see you as beautiful, you will see the beauty of yourself through my eyes and thus behold our glory. The cool thing about this is there is so much to be seen in someone's eyes because there is no limit to what you can define the external as.

This is probably how telepathy is possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Why would it be kind of you to see someone as beautiful, kind to who? And can you choose to see beauty? The world looks very ugly to some people. And having to choose to see an individual as beautiful means you do not see beauty everywhere.
The glory of God is right here.

The glory of God is what is seen, it is the moving painting in 3D, with panoramic sound, with smell and taste and touch, the image that appears before you.
God is what sees this image which he alone paints.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

And having to choose to see an individual as beautiful means you do not see beauty everywhere.

I don't have to choose to see only an individual as beautiful, I can choose to see it all that way which would include individuals.

The glory of God is right here.

It is.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

When the vision is clear you will see there is no choosing, who can choose to see beauty or ugliness?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In a previous post, I asked the question, "What is matter?" I know it is made up of small particles, but that doesn't answer the question, "What IS it?" What I mean when I say, "What IS it?" I am referring to its quality.

We know we can touch it and it has a physical working effect on other objects with mass, so we call it "energy". Well that's all well and good, but what is the nature of this "energy"? After about 5 pages of reading replies in the thread, I actually came to my own conclusion of what the quality of matter is. Here is an excerpt from the other thread:

"I am whatever I say I am. You are whatever I say you are. Although you might not see yourself this way, it doesn't matter, because I see it that way and I, as well as you, are what the universe created to define itself. However, all definitions of what the universe are entirely internally localized to each individual. Thus you may have contradicting views, however each view is valid. The point is, when it gets defined it becomes that somewhere regardless of the fact that that somewhere is infinitely small in comparison to everywhere else. The point is, if I say you stink, then you smell bad, regardless of whether or not you think you smell good. We, the life, are responsible for the QUALITY of the universe, so when I say "What is matter?", I am referring to the quality of it. The quality of matter is whatever quality you choose it to be. That is the answer to my question proposed in the original post. So in truth, the essence of matter can be many things, all of which are defined by observation.

Therefore, without life and consciousness, what is matter? Can something without quality be said to be anything at all? Due to our collective imaginations defining the quality of anything and everything, matter itself is an infinite range of qualities that become actualized into what we observe as the physical universe. Matter is freedom."

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When the vision is clear you will see there is no choosing, who can choose to see beauty or ugliness?

I get what you're saying, and I agree. Freedom is truth.

But regardless of that, I still have the power of defining, and I choose to define it as glorious so that I am consumed by glory because I like how it feels.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

perfection is the opposite to beauty, but in truth so it cant b negative term

beauty is from cheating on truth so to look beyond perfect as wont b able to see what is, illusion done from evil wills

perfection is the opposite to beauty bc perfection principal fact is freedom value superiority, so nothing objective while its accessory is a reality shape that must b of course constant value, so wont look negative thing

while beauty principal fact is object still and accessory of beauty is false qualities of it

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There is nothing 'out there' because there is no 'out there'. There is no in or out. It is one. You are one. It is all happening in you as you. You are IT.
What are you?
You are nothing until something matters then you are the 'thing'.

You become the 'thing' you have defined the 'thing' to be. What if you don't define 'things'?
There is nothing there until it is defined. It doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you feel beautiful, feel glorious then you will see beauty and glory all around.
You are the instument on which life is played. What tone are you? Is it playing a sweet tune?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There is always choosing. The quality of the universe remains undefined until you participate in defining it.

Take a look at the kabballistic "tree of life". See how beauty is in the middle and branches out to all of the other concepts except for "the crown" and "the kingdom"? Beauty is the most balanced position on the tree of life. Only by beauty do you have access to knowledge (truth), which is what you are speaking of. Therefore, choose to see beauty, otherwise, you won't see the truth. And yes it is a choice. We define quality.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

There is nothing 'out there' because there is no 'out there'. There is no in or out. It is one. You are one. It is all happening in you as you. You are IT.
What are you?
You are nothing until something matters then you are the 'thing'.

You become the 'thing' you have defined the 'thing' to be. What if you don't define 'things'?
There is nothing there until it is defined. It doesn't matter.

I am whatever I say I am. You are whatever I say you are. Although you might not see yourself this way, it doesn't matter, because I see it that way and I, as well as you, are what the universe created to define itself. However, all definitions of what the universe are entirely internally localized to each individual. Thus you may have contradicting views, however each view is valid. The point is, when it gets defined it becomes that somewhere regardless of the fact that that somewhere is infinitely small in comparison to everywhere else. The point is, if I say you stink, then you smell bad, regardless of whether or not you think you smell good. We, the life, are responsible for the QUALITY of the universe, so when I say "What is matter?", I am referring to the quality of it. The quality of matter is whatever quality you choose it to be. That is the answer to my question proposed in the original post. So in truth, the essence of matter can be many things, all of which are defined by observation.

Therefore, without life and consciousness, what is matter? Can something without quality be said to be anything at all? Due to our collective imaginations defining the quality of anything and everything, matter itself is an infinite range of qualities that become actualized into what we observe as the physical universe. Matter is freedom.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If you are choosing then you are trying to see beauty because you believe it is the way. Beauty jumps out and grabs you, takes your breath away, this response is not a choice.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you are choosing then you are trying to see beauty because you believe it is the way. Beauty jumps out and grabs you, takes your breath away, this response is not a choice.

It can be a choice or it can arise naturally. There is a call to beauty, a push for it, but you have to allow yourself to see it. You can choose not to for as long as you wish, and you won't.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am sorry I think you have it all backwards.

If everything is just inside your brain, than what locality does the brain reside within? Correct, your head. And where does your head reside? On your body.
And where does the body reside?
In a real world that exists after you die.

Do you have any idea how amazingly arrogant, narcissistic, self-centered, etc, it sounds to hear people claim that "everything is a figment of their minds"? It's outrageous!

The truth is that every single person is a figment of the Universe's imagination. The Universe created us.
To believe you created the universe or that other sentient beings are merely figments of your imagination is the epitome of egotism and rampant with delusion.

If you really believe what you espouse, than please explain to me why you created me to criticize, question, and reveal such ideas as illogical mistakes in the first place?

Why did you create me? You didn't, I exist outside of you and if you died today, I would still survive because you have no control or power over my existence.

Each individual being is worthy of rights and respect, however under the "I invented the universe with my mind" fallacious belief system, each individual is a mere figment of your creation. You are the 'God which creates all things', and therefore your creations are your property and you can decide when it is ok for them to die right? They are your creations after all...

I could list a thousand philosophical points and endless conjecture about why this belief system is completely unfounded and all of the evidence and logical reasoning points in the exact opposite direction.

You are correct that the optical and other sensory organs transfer their sensory information to the brain and the brain then processes it accordingly, however the mere act of awareness does not affect the state of being of which the objects being observed exhibit.

Seeing an object, having thoughts or impressions about it, does not change it atomically or chemically in any significant manner. A perfect proof of that fact is that you can think anything you want about me, you can like or dislike me all you want, think I am ugly or beautiful, it doesn't matter. Your thoughts have no bearing on my existence without my explicit consent to entertain those thoughts and either reject them or make them my own.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

It can be a choice or it can arise naturally. There is a call to beauty, a push for it, but you have to allow yourself to see it. You can choose not to for as long as you wish, and you won't.

That's contradictory though. If you create your reality, than why would you create people who disagree? Why would you create beings only to relegate them to eternal desolation? This sounds rather malevolent.

On one hand, you treat the poster as a real sentient being, but on the other hand, you suggest that your awareness alone creates that of which you are aware of. So which is it? Does he/she choose their own path independent of you? Or are they merely subconscious choices you made for your own creations?

It's not adding up.

Also I must say that I am fully capable of witnessing beauty without having to believe in such a twisted and backwards ideology. It's not a necessary requirement.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

nimporte koi, wht u see has no relation at all with ur state in seeing, that is how truth is absolutely objective as existence is truly free reality

this is ur issue to want to confuse ur means with objective facts so u think jumping to ur positive ends faster, while it is the opposite, u didnt get anywhere but below the start so minus nothing

who mean smthg positive is more then positive possible to realize it alone when freedom is at least nothing positive

when u cant act as a plus individually then expect existence freedom to enslave u before truth freedom to lock u there forever down

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Dude. Chill out. I never said I created you. I just said I create the quality of what you are. I can choose to see you as any quality and I will create you as that in your mind. Your form will always be the creation of the universe, but the quality of your form will always be a creation of mind.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Dude. Chill out. I never said I created you. I just said I create the quality of what you are. I can choose to see you as any quality and I will create you as that in my mind. Your form will always be the creation of the universe, but the quality of your form will always be a creation of mind.
edit on 29-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

It's not adding up.

It's not adding up because you misinterpreted the original post. Re-read.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Dude. Chill out. I never said I created you. I just said I create the quality of what you are. I can choose to see you as any quality and I will create you as that in your mind. Your form will always be the creation of the universe, but the quality of your form will always be a creation of mind.

You didn't create me but you created " the quality of what I am"?
That's exactly what I was criticizing.
I am my qualities, therefore you are contradicting yourself again because if you create my quality and if I am my quality than you must have created me.

You are not "God", you are only a small segment of "It".
Here is the equations that represent an individual in respect to the whole.
1 / infinity = you.
Infinity = God.
Infinity - 1 = still infinity. See "God" can exist without you or I existing. Infinity is still infinity when you take a few things out of it.

I can choose to see you as any quality and I will create you as that in your mind.

Essentially you are claiming I do not exist, and that you can create things in my mind simply by 'seeing' it a certain way in your own mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join