It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks and Crushed Bugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
reply to post by FlyersFan

I live in SE Asia and in my country they are marketing a new coffee blend that is exotic, super aromatic and is considered as the "creme de la creme" of coffee. They collect the coffee cherries and feed these cherries to civet cats which are housed in cages. Every morning the caretaker would go on his rounds collecting the civet cats'"poo"
and take it into the factory to obtain the coffee beans from the "poo". These beans are then thoroughly washed and processed into coffee powder, packed into sachets and sold. It is said that the beans having absorbed the enzymes in the civet's stomach is very aromatic and a cuppa is very expensive. To promote and advertised their product the factory even opened up a coffeehouse selling these exclusive coffee. But I think I shall stick with my Iced Latte or Green Tea Latte at Starbucks cos to me its still the best.

I saw that on the Travel Channel

Never been a coffee drinker though.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
(Reuters) - Starbucks Corp said on its blog on Thursday that it will stop using a natural, government-approved coloring made from crushed beetles in its strawberry flavoring by late June, bowing to pressure from some vegetarian customers.

Starbucks has been using the extract in its strawberry frappuccinos and smoothies, as well as some deserts like raspberry swirl cake.

"After a thorough, yet fastidious, evaluation, I am pleased to report that we are reformulating the affected products to assure the highest quality possible," Cliff Burrows, president of Starbucks U.S., wrote in a blog post.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I read once that they make burgers out of dead animals too. How yuck is that!

Ewww....

And milk shakes, contain liquids that they squeeze out of living cows.

O.o

I feel sick...

<< 1   >>

join