It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It looks like the lights form a DNA strand to me. Very interesting what ever it is! Very good post

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm not aware of ANY species of bats that fly in the middle of strong illumination sources like spotlights, cannon lights... As a matter of fact bats AVOID artificial lights, so the bats explanation is pure BS.

The study, published in Current Biology, provides the first evidence of street lighting affecting the behaviour of an endangered bat species.
Researchers from Bristol University placed artificial street lights along hedgerows used as flight routes by horseshoe bats and found that they avoided the lit-up areas.
This forces them to take longer routes, exposing them to greater danger from predators and reducing the amount of food they can find in the limited hours of darkness.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Scientists have found that, as bats travel to feeding grounds, they avoid hedgerows illuminated by streetlights.
Reporting in the journal Current Biology, they say this could cause bats to use longer and less safe routes.
The researchers studied the effect with artificial lights along flight routes used by lesser horseshoe bats.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Some thoughts:

Each separate video shows the objects flying in the Luxor light. That means they were IN the light, not behind it. If they were behind it, then the videos shot from other angles would show them being removed from the light horzontally. Every single one of these Las Vegas UFO videos only shows the objects inside the Luxor light.

The objects are illuminated outside the light, but not as much. They are clearly brightest when in the light. Once they get far enough from the light, they aren't visible at all. That leads me to believe they are being lit up by the light. The reason they are still somewhat illuminated outside the light is because there is still ambient light outside of the 'beam'.

Show me a video of this happening nowhere near the Luxor light, and then we will have something truly amazing. But this is just objects being illuminated.

For the record, I'm a believer in UFO's, but they are not present in this video...
edit on 30-3-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Not knowing anything about bats I can't say for sure if it is or not. But I really don't think it is UFOs. UFOs would not gather in one place for 2 hours and go round and round. And, I can't see why they would form an upward spiral either. Although I live for the day when I do finally see and touch a UFO, I don't think this video is the real deal.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I'm not aware of ANY species of bats that fly in the middle of strong illumination sources like spotlights, cannon lights... As a matter of fact bats AVOID artificial lights, so the bats explanation is pure BS.

C'mon dude, envy much?? That is a special kind of Vegas breed of bats and a special kind of Las Vegas light, don't be talkin sh**t about things you've never seen in your village

Anyway, i gave you a star for pointing out the obvious. I was pondering a little about the effects of light on bats but i was too lazy to search the web. You just may have found proof those were definitely NOT bats.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
holy freaking jesus.
WHY?
this is a natural phenomenon, responding to a man-made element.
mm, tasty food.

do you people care about reality at all, or is your need to believe whatever fits your fantasy all that matters?

okay, i'm sorry, but this is incredibly frustrating to witness.

it's BATS.

wow. it's cool, but it's not alien activity!!!

this thread should be titled 'Recent BAT footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD'.
it's nice, and valuable footage, but not when it's blindly misinterpreted despite all attempts to appeal to common sense with reference to known phenomena.

And to those that say ' well i ain't never not seen no bats behave like that'...
do you really think because you have not seen it, it is the last word on all possible bat behaviour?
there may be things you are not privy to.
but here's evidence of something to add to the pile of 'possible behaviour of bats around a strong light source at night time in the las vegas area.'

please, when attempting thought, practice caution.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by delusion

I despair as well. This really needs moved to the hoax bin. It is a clearly documented, well known natural phenomena. I should post a picture of the moon and see if I can get these idiots to believe its aliens or a government space orb, their replies are certainly highlighting who not to take seriously on these forums.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Mmkay, let us disregard scientific findings on bats avoiding artificial lights at all costs.

done

Originally posted by delusion
it's BATS.

So much for denying ignorance!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
Mmkay, let us disregard scientific findings on bats avoiding artificial lights at all costs.

that could be an overstatement.
i have seen bats swooping in to eat insects at a tennis court lit up at night.
i think bats will learn to take advantage of something that collects food in a handy place for them, rather than avoiding it. everything likes to eat food.
maybe it is some other factor they are trying to avoid in the case you are referencing?
if you think your point is valid (well why else would you maintain it), could you highlight the relevant information you think justifies it? thanks.
i should say, it is possible it is not bats, but rather some other flying creature, such as swallows or finches.
but bats, which are nocturnal, seem to be the best assumption. plus people who actually live there say that's what it is. that does count for something.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

While I might scoff at birds or bats as an explanation in any other case.....Keep in mind this is Vegas...One of the most brightly lit cities in the world. I find the explanation that these are birds or bats reflecting the multitude of neon and spotlights of vegas, to be fairly plausible.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
aliens have to gamble also they especially go to the mandalay bay hotel where they get a special discount .i know because i met an alien woman there when i stayed there in 2007. she told me she was from the star system vega.

i was not going to report this because no one would believe me but thats the same ufo she took me to thailand on on
edit on 30-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: spell check

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

I agree, saying that the lights are birds or bats is just...anyway I think Im on William Coopers side on this story.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

done

it's BATS.

There's more to it than that. The bat study quoted by the member back a few posts, didn't seem to enlarge on things enough, like the species of bat concerned for instance. Here is another study to clarify things a bit more,

"Many night flying species of insect are attracted to light, especially those lamps that emit an ultra-violet component and particularly if it is a single light source in a dark area. As well as moths a range of other insects can be attracted to light such as craneflies, midges and lacewings. Studies have shown that, although noctules, Leisler’s, serotine and pipistrelle bats swarm around white mercury street lights (this would also apply to metal halide) feeding on the insects attracted to the light, this behaviour is not true for all bat species. The slower flying broad winged species such as long-eared bats, Myotis species (which include Brandt’s, whiskered, Daubenton’s, Natterer’s and Bechstein’s), Barbastelle and greater and lesser horseshoe bats generally avoid street lights. In addition it is also thought that insects are attracted to lit areas from further afield. This is thought to result in adjacent habitats supporting reduced numbers of insects. This is a further impact on the ability of the light avoiding bats to be able to feed. It is noticeable that most of Britain’s rarest bats are among those species listed as avoiding light. Clearly, effective mitigation where there is potential for impact on bats has importance in the conservation of these species."

Clearly it shows that lighting is God's food gift to bats, and that many of them do take up the offer. Another thing, Bat's skin is taut and elastic and can easily reflect light, and also insects themselves are translucent in light, another reason for redirecting light. I am satisfied that what we see are swarming mammals or birds, and insects, in and out of the light.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Dont mean to discredit, it could be Ufos, but it could also be this.

Watch full to understand.

Either way interesting video. Like I said, it could still be Et's

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

wobbly camera footage? Check.
Horrible quality video? Check.
Cheesy "Government" warning label? Check.

Yes sir-ee....we MUST have a gen-u-ine UFO.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wait a second. So all this time there's this light pointing up into the sky, and bats fly around it all the time, yet no one seems to notice or care, but suddenly on this one night it's a big deal??

Um, if they're usually there, why did this night come in question? Wouldn't locals have just shrugged it off as the same old usual thing they ALWAYS see??

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Those are BIRDS atttracted to the feeding frenzy brought about by the light

I have seen this many times in real life and it looks the same.. you can see the shaft of light coming up from the ground and the birds moving in and out of the light... I guess BATS and BIRDS fit into the same category as far as this is concerned

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Studies have shown that, although noctules, Leisler’s, serotine and pipistrelle bats swarm around white mercury street lights (this would also apply to metal halide) feeding on the insects attracted to the light, this behaviour is not true for all bat species.

I found that original paper - here

So after telling us some species swarm around street lights, they also explain how bats are extremely sensitive to artificial light and do avoid it at all costs. Meaning not crossing the streets with lamp rows, flying under it etc. So, why would these creatures bathe in one of the strongest light beams on earth, for hours at a time? They clearly state bats do sometimes hunt for insects by swarming around street lights but there is no indication whatsoever for bat behavior shown in these videos. Even led balloons are more believable.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

done

it's BATS.

I'm not sure which scientific findings you are talking about, but I think the "at all costs" part of your response is exaggerated, considering that I have seen bats swoop down into a floodlight to eat the moths and such that are inevitably flying around the light.

I would think other people on here probably have seen bats swoop into a light for food, and would agree with me.

Furthermore, I've been to Las Vegas and saw this for myself. A couple of us were watching these flying creatures swarming in circles around the Luxor's light when a person walking buy (who told us he is a local) said that it was not uncommon during certain times of the year to see bats and birds circling in the Luxor's light like that.

This was a few years ago, and if I took pictures I have no idea where they are, so I suppose I have no proof that I witnessed this myself.

I did look it up on the internet just now and found a couple of articles describing the bats at the Luxor's light:

Here is a mention of the bats in the Luxor's light on a travel review site.

Timeout.com - Luxor review

excerpt:

At night, a high-intensity light shoots skywards from the top; visible in space, it's also a beacon to a swarm of insects and bats during warmer months.

This next article says that along with the bats, there are also birds that are attracted to that light in search of a buggy snack. So I'm not sure whether the OP's video (and what I saw myself) are bats or birds. But what I saw was definitely a flying creature with flapping wings.

Article: Now appearing in the Vegas spotlight: Bats and bugs

excerpt:

The bats -- probably Brazilian free-tailed bats, with wingspans up to 10 inches, and smaller Western pipistrelles -- have discovered the bane of any homeowner with a bright patio light.

And boy, does the Luxor have a light -- the most powerful in the world, the Luxor boasts, bright enough to be seen on a clear night up to 250 miles away from an airplane at cruising altitude. So imagine how many bugs -- mostly moths and beetles -- are drawn to it.

Birds, including nighthawks, also belly up to the light beam buffet. But the bats are the headliners.

Here is a website about buildings that makes a mention of the bats, the bugs, and the light beam

Eproris.com - Luxor Pyramid

excerpt:

A "sky beam" - reportedly the most powerful light in the world - shoots up from the pyramid's peak at night. It can be seen from an airplane on a clear night from 250 miles away, and it attracts a flurry of bats who feed on the insects drawn to it.

And another one about las Vegas tourism:

Into Las Vegas.com - Luxor Hotel

excerpt:

This special elevator rises at a 39-degree angle, with an ultra-bright light, high above the pyramid offering beautiful nocturnal sights on some nights, such as bats and birds flying across the illuminating light.

edit on 3/30/2012 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetsnipes
Wait a second. So all this time there's this light pointing up into the sky, and bats fly around it all the time, yet no one seems to notice or care, but suddenly on this one night it's a big deal??

Um, if they're usually there, why did this night come in question? Wouldn't locals have just shrugged it off as the same old usual thing they ALWAYS see??

How do you know the locals don't just shrug it off?

Like I said in my post above, I was visiting las Vegas and was standing there watching this and discussing it with another stranger (who I think was also a visitor) when another person walking by who told us he lived in the area and has seen this same thing happen on occasion.

I can't remember exactly what he told me (it was a few years ago), but he said that it is not uncommon to see these bats certain times of the year. I don't remember the details of what he told me, if he even told me any, but the impression I got is that this in not that odd of an sight to see for the people who are in Las Vegas on a regular basis.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join