It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

So the fact that the Luxor hotel mentions the fact that bats and nighthawks go to the lights (for years), that there have been articles discussing the bats and nighthawks attracted to the lights (for years).....but this video shows ufos?

wow...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mailboxuser2009
I do not know what it is, but it is definitely not bats.

Unless there are chrome/reflexive color giant bats in north america.

Well, perhaps the fact that the 315,000 watt, 42.3 BILLION candlepower light is hitting it makes it illuminate a bit.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Really? Are these bats training for the next artistic gymnastic olympic games? If they are not, they should. The synchronous movements they made were awesome.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7

Originally posted by Lighterside
The idea of another type of species living in Las Vegas?!? Preposterous!

What are you talking about? I am not saying that there is another species of bats. Can you read?

You seem to be obviously confused... VERY confused actually. That was sarcasm. Pointing out your lack of thought process over this statement....

I live in vegas and I too have seen strange lights on a few different occasions. Those are not bats. I know what a bat looks like, I use to see them all the time when I lived in New Mexico, they are tiny and do not fly in a straight pattern. I have never seen a bat here in las vegas, not to say that they don't exist here, but I have never seen one.

You failed to recognize that the bats you know so well, may not be the same species seen around Las Vegas. Again I say.... "The idea of another species in Las Vegas, Preposterous!" Hope that clears it up for you.

Then you quote back to me my reply to you....

Originally posted by Lighterside
reply to post by leira7

....they are not orbs glowing as bright as a plane. The bats in the video are closer to the camera than the plane, and have a 315,000 watt light that can be seen 250 miles away by plane shining on their bellies. Hope that helps.

Typical disinfo agent, you are attacking people blindly to discredit them without really making any valid points at all, you are just stating your opinion. Not only can your attacks be considered rude and tactless, but they also do not contribute to finding honest answers to what this phenomena could be.

Really? I explain to you why the "orbs" are as bright as the plane (distance) and point out that they are being hit with a 315,000 watt light, to clear up YOUR confusion, and that's your response? Sorry bub, those are not opinions, they are facts.

Not making any valid points huh? You mean like pointing out out the EXACT species that shares the SAME characteristics of the "orbs" in the video?

Tell me, where is your contribution? Or you just trolling?

Hell, I'll even throw you another bone. Yes, those are photos of the "real Luxor light" you've posted. But your context suggests that if these "orbs" are bats, then they should be seen in these "real" photos. Well like I've said before.... you know, not making any valid points and all.... this phenomenon happens every year, early spring. Hence, of course not all photos of the "real Luxor light" are going to show the bats.... derp.

And I'm the one that needs to learn to read....

edit on 31-3-2012 by Lighterside because: formatting correction

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

I would have to say that of all the posters on this thread that are so convinced this can't be bats, you by far take the cake in full fledged derpdom.

You're biggest argument is the shapes and smooth movement you see. If I throw a bunch of skittles on the ground I'll show you several shapes and/or triangles. I've even linked several times a species known to be a "straight flier" that lives in LV, feeds in open skies, and when hunting with the colony has been know to create the same type of swirling patterns seen in the video. There's so much evidence in this thread pointing to bats, and you just ignore it because it doesn't play into your fantasy.

Your eye is being tricked into seeing what you want to see. These bats can easily be moving toward or away from the camera, and at that distance will seem to almost stay in place. Smoothness is just another illusion of distance + a "straight flier".

Though it has been interesting to see you slowly creep down to a "yeah there were probably bats that night, but not in this video" stance.... you're halfway there!

I know critical thinking can be difficult for some, but you're not even trying. Some people are just so "open minded" all that's left is air.

IMO, if you're not willing to deny ignorance, the loons at GLP have a seat waiting for you. I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

Me, I will always deny ignorance I see on this site, not try to clearly perpetuate it.

Seriously, how is this not in the [hoax] bin already?

edit on 31-3-2012 by Lighterside because: to add

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
This is the latest UFO sighting in Las Vegas. A pretty long video at 7mins plus. According to the author, they lasted more than 2 hours in the same spot so definitely not planes.

it is the pyramid and a release of hundreds of balloons... my sister lives a block from there... DEBUNKED..... but good catch and awareness...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

There's so much evidence in this thread pointing to bats, and you just ignore it because it doesn't play into your fantasy.

I haven't ignored it. I have looked at it and simply disagree with the conclusions some of you have made.

Your eye is being tricked into seeing what you want to see.

I could say the exact same for you.

Though it has been interesting to see you slowly creep down to a "yeah there were probably bats that night, but not in this video" stance.... you're halfway there!

I haven't "slowly" crept down to probably bats.... Not once did I ever say bats were not there that night. I said that what we see in the OP video is not bats ...that's all

IMO, if you're not willing to deny ignorance, the loons at GLP have a seat waiting for you. I'm sure you'll fit in fine.

Heh. ...ooook

Denying Ignorance would consist of not stating things as 100% fact when you can't even prove your own side of the debate.
You're getting all in a tiff because I don't accept your links as 100% proof that what's in the OPs video is bats.

...oh and btw ....your insults suck ass .... too bad we're behind the veil of the internet when you say that crap

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
I haven't "slowly" crept down to probably bats.... Not once did I ever say bats were not there that night. I said that what we see in the OP video is not bats ...that's all

So it's UFOs feeding off the insects too? Or perhaps they are feeding on the bats/nighthawks eating the insects?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Or perhaps there is more than one possibility. So for now....why wouldn't they just be plain old UFO's.

...as I can see this thread is going no where ...I'll probably have to stop responding

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

woah, that is totally uncalled for
what happened to civility?

i happen to think dplum is one of the strongest voices of reason in this thread
their post on pg.12, for example
pointing out differences between the OP vid and wtc one
all smashing points that you [and i refer to the bat brigade in general here] conviently seem not to need to factor in.
seriously, show me bats holdng gyroscopic tilting triangular formations
and hovering
and behaving like synchronised swimmers
or or give up on the whole bats thing
cus it just doesn't fly
you may as well try and tell me it's finches
for all the similarity i see..

thanks for sticking around and trying to talk sense to unappreciative rudes, plum ;D

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by streetsnipes

deep voice...I thank you

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

That is one of the best video's iv ever seen!
Clearly not lanterns or flares. How they move around and rotate as one is very strange.

Could be tethered balloons with LED's, Would that not be a danger to aircraft and be illegal?

S&F thankyou.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
New Yahoo news story saying these UFO's are birds
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
reply to post by wavemaker

That is one of the best video's iv ever seen!
Clearly not lanterns or flares. How they move around and rotate as one is very strange.

Could be tethered balloons with LED's, Would that not be a danger to aircraft and be illegal?

S&F thankyou.

you should really get out more lol... balloons above the pyramid on Fremont street.... Im a believer on this topic but again.... bogus....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckeesport
New Yahoo news story saying these UFO's are birds
news.yahoo.com...

more "oh yeah it's birds stupid tourist"
this one even mentioned the triangular formation

still waiting for someone to show me birds doing that

though i assume from the way this thread has died that we won't be hearing any answers any time soon

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Are you suggesting it's impossible for three birds or bats to move in relation to each other to create a triangle for a span of several seconds? Perhaps unlikely, but then, when thousands of them are circling for an extended time, it's more likely that a few will do a triangle. Heck, some may have even done a hexagon or something.

Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean impossible. Birds and bats in the light not just here, but everywhere, is a known, common occurrence. The only thing making this slightly interesting is a "triangle" that lasts several seconds. Take the time to carefully measure the "sides" of that triangle and see if they stay equal length. I am kind of doubting it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Are you suggesting it's impossible for three birds or bats to move in relation to each other to create a triangle for a span of several seconds? Perhaps unlikely, but then, when thousands of them are circling for an extended time, it's more likely that a few will do a triangle...

Actually it isn't unlikely at all, considering that birds exhibit a swarming behavior -- just like schools of fish do. Birds flying in a group often move in direct relation to the other birds immediately surrounding it. Therefore, as one bid moves slightly, the others around it move accordingly in a seemingly choreographed motion that can keep the moving birds in a formation for and extended period of time.

Obviously birds and bats swarming around a food source aren't' just flying randomly in a willy-nilly manner. If that was true, they would be constantly running into each other -- which they don't. rather, they swarm around in patterns due to each individual adjusting its flight to maintain a relative distance from its immediate neighbors.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I think most people just call them bats and nighthawks, not Tesla ships. But if that's your name for those creatures, more power to you.

Yeah whatever the unknowns are there is always a chance.
As in Dummer and Dummer the chance of one in a million the girl would fall in love
with him was all he needed.

As you mentioned Tesla has no significance in today's world except on the net for
those who wish to find more information. The big reason is Tesla does have significant
discoveries that are in the hands of the private sector by way of government takeover
of his work and all we get on the net is HAARP and other Tesla related work without
his name or explanation if there is any. The Teslaship or the vehicle Tesla said he
would build has no interest to the masses even though quite possible saucers are his work.

The ship that Tesla built or his enemies built and keep will just have to do in that regard.
There are witnessed ships and not bats and light displays are best explained without bats.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I live in Vegas and I can promise you they are bats. I see them glow over the luxor night ALLLLLLLLLL the time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I live in Vegas and I can promise you they are bats. I see them glow over the luxor night ALLLLLLLLLL the time.

Bats for sure and possibly nighthawks.

I have seem this many times over the Luxor.

It's that bright light, and the heat from the light.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join