It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent UFO footage over LAS VEGAS BLVD

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
Again.... some people want to live only in their paradigm for their entire life, they will believe nothing except what fits in their paradigm.

My mind is open to the possible existence of ET craft visiting Earth.

My mind is NOT closed to possible mundane explanations for some sightings. This has a mundane explanation, an explanation that I have witnessed myself.

If I was to close my mind to the possibility that this is bats or birds, just because my own personal "paradigm" includes the possibility of ET visitation, then I would be doing myself a disservice.
edit on 3/30/2012 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Regard the OP video. He is standing next to the Eiffel Tower past the Ballagio sign. This is approximately a mile NE of the Luxor. A bat is fairly small and can fit into the palm of your hand.

At about the 1 minute mark you see a plane cross the bottom of the video footage. There are two bright lights clearly displayed when the plane passes. These lights appear to be about the diameter of the fuselage of plane. Since it is nighttime and these are round lights, it is very difficult to judge size and distance. But from the perspective of the video, the plane appears to be in the foreground.

At 2:12 the Cosmopolitan is on the right of the screen and the lights are roughly center screen. He then spins the camera and the lights appear straight overhead. The Luxor is SW of the Cosmopolitan so this perspective doesn't seem to line up w/ the Luxor light beam.

Now if you download the OP video in HD and then walk through the video frame by frame, you will clearly see the lights creating definitive formations and staying in those formations while they move. The movements are not random as you would see with birds or bats.

In a lot of the footage you will see solid round lights that don't vary, yet move an apparently wide distance. This isn't possible if the source of illumination is a narrow beam of light from beneath. A light from beneath will illuminate what is above it. If you examine the video carefully, in many instances you will see solid lights and then lights directly underneath either turn on or off in the same relative position.

Also at times many instances, the lights appear to be flashing and not reflecting while other lights in the same proximity are solid. Especially towards the end of the video they are flashing like they are attempting to get the attention of the people down below. They are also illuminating and then fading while in the same location. How is this possible when there is a constant source of illumination from below?

I look forward to more people carefully analyzing this video and sharing their observations.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by freedommusic

Holy crap!

You actually watched the video. Cheers man!

You've already gone 10 levels above 90% of the posters on this thread.

..... and none of them have given logical explanations for what you just posted. ...cause they can't

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

At 2:12 the Cosmopolitan is on the right of the screen and the lights are roughly center screen. He then spins the camera and the lights appear straight overhead

I was fooled by that for a second as well when I initially watched the video. At 2:12 he actually just spins the camera from horizontal to vertical. This is verified by the building at the left of the screen ending up at the top of the screen during the shift. The objects stay within or very near the beam for the entire video as far as I can tell.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Zarniwoop because: don't know my right from left

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually if you look on Google maps, there is a landing strip that runs east/west about two block south of the Luxor. I would say the plane was making it's landing approach to that runway. So if these lights were above the Luxor, they were two blocks closer than the plane and about a mile from the video camera.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Bats you say?

Alien bats I say!

Anyone who has ever been in the desert at night should know that as soon as it gets dark, the bats come out en masse. Although I have typically seen them go after mosquitos, it would stand to reason that they would probably eat any easy prey that the light attracts.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Those posters who say that those are bats argue that they have seen bats there before therefore those lights are bats. The argument goes like this, "I have seen bats in the beam of light from Luxor before therefore those lights that we see now are also bats.". They don't want to think that those lights are huge since the video was taken from a distance and that some also glow outside of the beam of light. Bats are small and hence will look very small from a distance. Then observe their flight pattern, smooth and slow unlike those of the bats.

Here is a comment from one poster of this youtube video. www.youtube.com...#!

ive been working right next to luxor for 12 years and i see them every year.but it did look more unusual than what i normaly seen in the light i wishd i recorded it on my way to work last week.it look way bigger than bats but like i said ive seen em for years and i can actual see the beam from our parking lot at work

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I could be way off base, but my experience might help. I just returned from 7 days in Vegas last night. There was the TOY and GIFT show there from 25th to 28th.

TOY and GIFT show. I know this might not be a Chinese Lantern, but there were plenty there for show and demo. As well as about a million other light up toys and gifts.

www.asdonline.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Holy crap!

You actually watched the video. Cheers man!

You've already gone 10 levels above 90% of the posters on this thread.

..... and none of them have given logical explanations for what you just posted. ...cause they can't

I've watched the video, and that's why I said the video looked exactly like what I saw when I was in Vegas (about 6 years ago).

I, too, was far from the Luxor when I first saw the illuminated objects circling the light beam, but from that distance I could not tell what the objects were. They were simply illuminated dots circling around the shaft of light, just like in the video.

However, as I walked up to the Luxor, I could then see the flapping of wings that told me they were flying animals. I've researched what they could have been, and while some of the links to the Luxor light feeding frenzy says they are bats, some say that nighthawks can also frequently be seen swirling around that light.

So what I saw (and what is in the OP video) may have been nighthawks, or some other nocturnal bird, rather than bats...or maybe it was both birds and bats that I saw.

In any case, whatever I saw (birds or bats or both) looked like just like the objects OP's video when I was far away, and looked like flapping animals when I got close-up.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are these "orbs" as well then? Another video of the WTC tribute lights drawing birds/bats.

edit on 30-3-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's so amazing how the "bats" make perfect triangle formations! They must have some very intelligent bats in Vegas.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Not saying what it is. From Vegas and this seems implausable, that is the bats explanation. Any resident who's drove or walked by won't see these things every night like that. Besides, these lights were as bright as the planes lights. Just saying you guys are quick for the bats. Plus, what of the circular and triangular formations? Why not randomness like moths attracted to your backyard light? Nope, gotta be bats..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Was the OP video shot during the Carrot Top show at the Luxor?

If so, these orbs could quite possibly be human brain cells gathering en masse and fleeing via the light beam to avoid a certain death.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by dplum517

Here is a video from 2006 where you clearly can see they a flying with wing movements, and they are diving for insects.

Your explanation of you seeing bats all the time and they don't illuminate,well, do you have a streetlight with a 315.000 watt lightbulb pointing in to the sky, do you know how much light that is, concentrated in a giant lightbeam.

Here is a video with a normal streetlight, bats and insects, the light is not strong enough to illuminate them.

They are freaking bats hunting insects, get over it.

then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DEBUNK THE FACT THAT THREE OF THEM ARE IN A TRIANGLE FORMATION UNDER THE BIG GROUP ROTATING, AND STAYING SYMMETRICAL. PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW BATS DO THAT FOR SO LONG, AND I'LL BE HAPPY, IF YOU CAN'T THEN C'MON DO BETTER THAN BATS AND GET OVER IT.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight

Not saying what it is. From Vegas and this seems implausable, that is the bats explanation. Any resident who's drove or walked by won't see these things every night like that. Besides, these lights were as bright as the planes lights. Just saying you guys are quick for the bats. Plus, what of the circular and triangular formations? Why not randomness like moths attracted to your backyard light? Nope, gotta be bats..

BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY RETARDS AND DISINFO ANGENTS ON THIS SITE LIKE BONCHO, AND GREEN EYEDLEO.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

That was what I was trying to say above. While the evidence presented to contrary is convincing and is definitely possible, this is some amaazing footage of something, never the less. Good point
edit on 11/19/2009 by RadiatorOfTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have said several times that they could be birds (and not bats). In the links that I posted earlier, some of the articles regarding the feeding frenzy at the Luxor Hotel says that both birds and bats could be seen swirling around those lights.

When I saw this for myself, I couldn't tell if they were vats or birds, but they were definitely flapping their wings. I suppose they could have been nighthawks or other nocturnal birds.

Gavron above has also posted a youtube video that shows they could have been birds -- similar to the birds at the WTC tribute lights.

As for your point about other residents seeing this: the links I provided before say that this is NOT an every night occurrence, but is not that uncommon, and happens mostly when the weather is warm. The local person I talked to the night I saw this said he has seen it before, also, but it was not something that happened all the time.

And as for the triangle formations: ANY three points will make a triangle. You move those three points around enough, and every so often you will by chance get an equilateral triangle.

By the way, here is another video of the WTC tribute with birds in the lights:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Follow Up Video of Luxor from local resident:

Video (2007) of what appears to be birds or bats flying through Luxor Beam:

Here is another March 21st sighting over the Luxor:

In this new video, I count as many as 30 and they appear to float rather then move quickly. What's interesting here is that there are lights that appear outside the beam of light that go on and off.

There is a good case made for bats or birds but upon careful examination it is still dubious what exactly this is. Why are local residents mystified by a common well know display of bats?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY RETARDS AND DISINFO ANGENTS ON THIS SITE LIKE BONCHO, AND GREEN EYEDLEO.

Apologies for multiple replies in short order however this is a response to a response from my reply to OP.

But this doesn't bring in any evidence. This dude is not on Las Vegas Blvd OR those "bats", or whatever they are, are NOT above Luxor. He's on the west side of Las Vegas Blvd, aka "The Strip", looking/videotaping East. 1) The Luxor is also on the western side of the street. To further explain my point, our reality and physics don't allow for this contradiction in perception or observation. You cannot look east on the west at another object perpendicular to you, also on the west. You'd have to look either North or South. 2) This disance is too far..

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I watched the video in full screen, at 1080p.

I really can't tell what those things are.

The fact is that, whatever they are, they remain over the light beam all the time. So, it's probable that they don't have their own light, and are just reflecting light from the light beam.

This is all I could notice in the video. Nothing else. I have no idea what those things are. They don't seem to be very big to me, maybe no bigger than a washing machine...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join