It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Azerbaijan granted Israel access to air bases on Iran border'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

This is an interresting development which will give Israel a nearby place to land after an attack on Iran. Of course Iran will target the base with missles in an effort to deny the Israelis a place to land. It would not surprise me if Iran pre-emptively took out the base. In any case this will widen the area involved in the war as any assistance given to Irans attacker by Azerbarjan will likely involve Azerbarjan in the conflict. Iran has lots of missles and will definitely launch against anyone that helps Israel. Since intelligence agencies in the US, EU AND Israel have determined Iran is NOT making a nuclear bomb, an attack on Iran would be senseless. In fact, an attack will CAUSE the Iranians to develop a nuke as protection against future attacks.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The Azerbaijani government are stupid as sheeps, they are trying to build allies with both Israel and Iran. How does that even work, it's going to turn both into being against Azerbaijan and using it as a tool. To bad the people aren't realizing this, how trustworthy are these news? Any articles anywhere else?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
But Israel wants peace. Looks like they paid almost 2 billion dollars for a place to stage a false flag. This should be a clue to Obama that Israel wants this war and we shouldn't get drug into another war.

But remember Israel wants peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The funny thing is... I personally wouldnt do this. Cause even if Russia doesnt participate in the Israel / Iran conflict itself, it can wipe Azerbaijan just to make things even - it would be a strike that noone would give a crap about considering the Israel / Iran escalation.

And Georgia is right next to it... they already felt the Russian version of "The Fast and the Furious" a few years ago. Georgia could use the AZ territory, and Russia right now would gladly give it to them and their lapdog gov.

All of this cause... in the end, I'm not seeing Russia happy having an Israeli base that close to their borders. I wouldnt - specially an ISRAELI base.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I suggest everyone here to read the original article, although I doubt most of you actually have the attention span to read 4 pages. Israel's Secret Staging Ground

Some interesting points that were made in the original article.

Israel's deepening relationship with the Baku government was cemented in February by a $1.6 billion arms agreement that provides Azerbaijan with sophisticated drones and missile-defense systems.

Israel is providing Azerbaijan with massive amounts of weapons and defense systems.

The most astounding quote from the article.

In February, a member of Yeni Azerbadzhan -- the ruling party -- called on the government to change the country's name to "North Azerbaijan," implicitly suggesting that the 16 million Azeris who live in northern Iran ("South Azerbaijan") are in need of liberation.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MZYYY
I suggest everyone here to read the original article, although I doubt most of you actually have the attention span to read 4 pages. Israel's Secret Staging Ground

Some interesting points that were made in the original article.

Israel's deepening relationship with the Baku government was cemented in February by a $1.6 billion arms agreement that provides Azerbaijan with sophisticated drones and missile-defense systems.

Israel is providing Azerbaijan with massive amounts of weapons and defense systems.

The most astounding quote from the article.

In February, a member of Yeni Azerbadzhan -- the ruling party -- called on the government to change the country's name to "North Azerbaijan," implicitly suggesting that the 16 million Azeris who live in northern Iran ("South Azerbaijan") are in need of liberation.

Just a note on the second quote there, that is text book Sun Tzu stratergim.

Sunzi said: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemy's country whole and intact; to shatter and destroy it is not so good. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment, a detachment or a company entire than to destroy them. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Therefore the skillful leader subdues the enemy's troops without any fighting; he captures their cities without laying siege to them; he overthrows their kingdom without lengthy operations in the field. With his forces intact he will dispute the mastery of the Empire, and thus, without losing a man, his triumph will be complete. This is the method of attacking by stratagem. It is the rule in war, if our forces are ten to the enemy's one, to surround him; if five to one, to attack him; if twice as numerous, to divide our army into two. If equally matched, we can offer battle; if slightly inferior in numbers, we can avoid the enemy; if quite unequal in every way, we can flee from him. Hence, though an obstinate fight may be made by a small force, in the end it must be captured by the larger force.

In bold is something you should all take head of whilst discussing the OP article, having Azerbaijan on side will give Israel the ability to attack from two sides and stretch out the Iranian military making it less concentrated in numbers and easier to subdue with minimal casualties to Israel.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh dear, this is really bad.
Doesn't sound like Azerbaijan will be making it to Eurovision ever again.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The part about North Azerbaijan makes it clear whose side they are on and just how deep their involvement in any conflict will be. This is certainly an interesting development a new source of tension, if a relatively minor, for the region.

About Iranian missile strikes I think that those will come to define this war in the textbooks. The barrage that will be unleashed the moment the war starts I think will be a moment that etches itself into history even if it ends up being ineffective. It'll at the very least be some incredible fireworks. It also makes sense that Iran would use a large part of their domestic defense industry to construct missiles to destroy ships, aircraft, and ground targets. You can build a very large number of missiles over a long time period and you don't have to worry as much about manpower as aircraft or ships. There are still groundcrew that must be trained and can be killed in combat, but I would still prefer to be a ground crewman on a modern antiship missle battery than a poor sap pilot headed towards a modern battlegroup and said battery is much less expensive than the battlegroup's ships and planes. In essence they are maximizing their efficiency to fight a superior foe by focusing on missiles.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
www.haaretz.com...

This is an interresting development which will give Israel a nearby place to land after an attack on Iran. Of course Iran will target the base with missles in an effort to deny the Israelis a place to land. It would not surprise me if Iran pre-emptively took out the base. In any case this will widen the area involved in the war as any assistance given to Irans attacker by Azerbarjan will likely involve Azerbarjan in the conflict. Iran has lots of missles and will definitely launch against anyone that helps Israel. Since intelligence agencies in the US, EU AND Israel have determined Iran is NOT making a nuclear bomb, an attack on Iran would be senseless. In fact, an attack will CAUSE the Iranians to develop a nuke as protection against future attacks.

You KNOW the iranians pre emtively hitting a country that does not attack first will be the excuse to utterly and horribly destroy them with the UNs blessing right? If the iranians are that stupid to play into this obvious trap. Its rather smart though. If they do not attack they could get hurt bad,but if they do they get hit worse.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
your same paper states that Azerbaijan categorically denies this charge, I do not know if they are playing both sides of the fence but they are publicly denying it

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Azerbarjan an moslem country i am familar with as well as most of the arab world are working together with israel against iran. they realize that iran is a threat to them, the big bully waiting for its nukes. BTW iran already has 2 nukes from northkorea but they are defective because their triggers malfunctioned in underground testing in 2010.

its too bad europe and north ameica are no longer lion hearted but chicken hearted i wish ronald reagan was president again

edit on 30-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: add this

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thebarbecuemaster

If they really did get a pair of nukes, and if their only defect was a faulty trigger, then I would imagine that by now their engineers could have repaired it. even if the bombs were completely defective they would just take the enriched uranium or plutonium, scrap the old bombs and build new ones.
edit on 30-3-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebarbecuemaster
reply to post by gem_man

Azerbarjan an moslem country i am familar with as well as most of the arab world are working together with israel against iran. they realize that iran is a threat to them, the big bully waiting for its nukes. BTW iran already has 2 nukes from northkorea but they are defective because their triggers malfunctioned in underground testing in 2010.

its too bad europe and north ameica are no longer lion hearted but chicken hearted i wish ronald reagan was president again

edit on 30-3-2012 by thebarbecuemaster because: add this

Where is that information coming from?

If this is true (which I'm very skeptical that it is) and nukes are used against Israel and/or United States, they have to take there chances these two nukes do not get destroyed before launch, get intercepted, or fail to detonate. If this "info" is out in the public, you damn well know the CIA and Mossad know way more then us concerning the intel.

IF they happen to try and use one of these against the assets of the United States or Israel, the full force of unrestricted might of the military would be used. Its asinine to think that the response would not destroy all of Iran, counter productive for Iran in a sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Eurovision Song Contest is being held in Azerbaijan in May, It would make a perfect target for a False Flag terrorist attack to be blamed on Iran!

top topics

join