It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What constitutes racism???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

* crippled - became disabled

* blind - became visually impared

* dwarf - became little people

* dumb - became mute........and so on

They are only words after all ......'sticks and stones may hurt my bones but names will never

harm me' AND wouldn't it be better if we were ALL colour blind?

RANT OVER

Crippled was once a proper descriptive word for those who are crippled, but as soon as people had enough of that word, it got changed to disabled. One day people will have enough of that word and it will get changed again to something else. Why? What is the point? When will it stop? Why does a word suddenly become bad? If they keep this up, eventually we will run out of words in the English language.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

PRECISELY.........And who makes the decission as to which words that have served us

for decades as descriptive words are offensive? and when was it ever decided that 'black'

was a more offensive word than 'white'??

These are things my simple mind would like to know!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think it is the drug issue that is creating all these social problems. Poverty and hardship is prevalent worldwide
but these criminals look strong and healthy to me unlike the people of N Korea who are really poor and starving. To rob tourist or anyone to buy drugs is bad enough but to kill to satisfy your craving is beyond words and understanding. Most of the so called poor criminals in the US look big and menacing so how can they be poor when they have so much to eat. Just downright lazy and want to live an easy life preying on others. Now he will be fed with a roof over his head for the rest of his life. Damn it... he is better off than a homeless guy/girl. How much does the US spent ( on keeping these scums alive in prison ) every year? China gets rid of them every year so they don't have overcrowding or the need to feed them. Ya..they get KFC as their last meal and it works for China.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join