My take after the autopsies, police reports, and testimonies.
1) Zimmerman had a broken nose and two black eyes among other injuries.
2) Treyvon's fingers were bruised indicating he had been punching Zimmerman.
3) Zimmerman had no signs of damage to his hands indicating it wasn't a fistfight, and he was on the receiving end of the beating only.
4) Treyvon was shot at close range in the front of his body, 1 to 18 inches away, indicating that he was shot while he was attacking Zimmerman, not
after he was walking away; this also indicates that Zimmerman was not stalking Treyvon and shooting him from far away in the back.
5) Treyvon was only shot once, which means Zimmerman shot him in self defense, because in a rage or if Zimmerman was doing it for fun he would have
shot him more than once.
I think all signs point that Treyvon was clearly the aggressor here, and Zimmerman was acting in self defense. Zimmerman may have been the one to
intiate contact, but no matter which way you slice it, someone following you around or approaching you is not grounds to turn around and start beating
the living hell out of them.
Case closed. This was self defense, Zimmerman should be acquitted, and Treyvon's parents should give it a rest; it must be upsetting they lost their
son but maybe had they been better parents maybe they would have taught Treyvon not to attack people.
edit on 17-5-2012 by WP4YT because: grammar