It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watched a guy go "berserk" today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Update for those who are interested: I received a very nice letter from the people I was negotiating with, stating that the man described above had been under tremendous pressure due to the death of his daughter recently and some simultaneous financial trouble. So, perhaps the cause is within the range of normal human experience rather than evil mind rays, cosmic radiation, or supernatural causes.

Even so, I think the tale is still indicative of something wrong in society. When people are not allowed to express their emotions properly, these things happen. There is a tension between our natural human lives and feelings on one hand, and the stresses and strains of business on the other. I feel a lot of sympathy for this person, and all like him. Some thrive in the modern world, but most do not. We all have our coping mecanisms, some healthier than others. Clearly this man needed a little more balance in his life. Time to greive properly and a humane society that would provide more stablility would be a start to help him and others like him.

Hopefully someday society will come to a better understanding of these kinds of stresses, and the ways to deal with them.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've never been under that level of pressure as to have a nearly psychotic breakdown like that.
But it has me wondering if the guy was cleary aware of his behavior but wasn't giving a damn due to complete apathy of his direct surroundings. Kind of like blowing off steam in an extreme way knowing he would probably get away with it due to the circumstances in his life.

I'm thinking that people's pity and saying they are feeling sorry for your hardships can become truely frustrating as its impossible for people in general to feel how much pain your in. So I guess breaking down is a physical display to show it off...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Clearly this man needed a little more balance in his life. Time to greive properly and a humane society that would provide more stablility would be a start to help him and others like him.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Society has turned into go-go-go and anyone that takes a moment to catch their breath is looked down upon, at least that has been my experience.

Glad your flight was uneventful!

OiO

<< 1   >>

join