It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe In Reincarnation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks for the post and feedback, Wildtimes, and thanks for welcoming me to the "group"

I read a book by Sylvia Browne a few years back discussing some people believing Jesus didn't really die on the cross. Very interesting reading, but I'm not to the point of believing that he didn't. The book brought up some things to make a person wonder, though. That is the only information I've ever read on that topic.

Be careful here, THEY will start calling us a cult. I too have read Sylvia Browne, all of her books have really good, uplifting information, even if you do not agree with all that she says, and I do not. However, I strongly agree with more than 60% of what she says, especially on the topic at hand. Ruth Montgomery is another good author on these subjects.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Has anyone ever just met a stranger, and felt so comfortable with them... like you had known them all your life?
Or, maybe you traveled to a place you had never been before, but it felt like "home" to you?
Please share your experiences.

Yes, many times. In fact, my Common Law wife is like that. I met her when she was 14, and we knew each other from the beginning. We have been together now for eight years. We always incarnate among those we are close to, and love, plans are made before birth, as I said in my Afterlife thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I've had that experience, too....and most of the time with men. Often wondered about that. Some might call it 'animal attraction' or 'magnetism', I suppose. Certainly not all of them were excellent matches (mostly trouble, actually), but I found them irresistible, and my gut told me I was supposed to be in contact with them.

Very weird sensation. Not quite deja vu, but a similar sort of "recognition", and instantaneous "POW" the first time you see them.

I loved your Afterlife post, auto....very exciting stuff...!

sled...how's it going?? You still with us?

Have either of you read Rosemary Altea? Proud Spirit is the one I own; she's a white lady who is very tuned into the Native American shaman traditions, and promotes reincarnation as well.

When I was first developing as a Wiccan (solitary practitioner), I lived on 2.5 acres, part of which was "raw" wilderness, had never been improved....Moss so spongy it felt like walking on a bed....deep, deep foliage, totally untouched. It was there I took my artifacts for blessing, and spent my time working. One day I was digging a garden in the front yard (not the wild area), and dug up a flint adze or scraper...took it to the local Natural History Museum (even though husband-2 had scoffed and told me it was probably a boy-scout badge project). The curator told me it was authentic...thousands of years old.

A while later I was riding my mare down by the river (also a wild place, very much like the Appalachians), and suddenly felt the presence of a wise old Native American Spirit or Guide, who told me I had landed in that place to revitlize the (now long gone) local tribe's traditions of healing and energy work and merge itwith the Celtic Shamanism I had been studying (I'm a blue-eyed redhead... Celtic DNA all the way...but had always had an interest in Native American studies. Oddly enough, when my dad moved our family to the town where I grew up, we lived two blocks away from a Private Native American University, and so there were an unusual amount of First Tribes descendants in town, and close by. We used to go to the pow-wows, hang out at the student union...LOL as preteens!...

I named my sacred place Kavalon (corny, I know, but it meant something on several levels, including my location, my name, my husband's name, and the spiritual Island of Apples.

Cool experience. I had lots of profound experiences there. It was a minor power place...and I found other artifacts, too.

edit on 27-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I've had that experience, too....and most of the time with men. Often wondered about that. Some might call it 'animal attraction' or 'magnetism', I suppose. Certainly not all of them were excellent matches (mostly trouble, actually), but I found them irresistible, and my gut told me I was supposed to be in contact with them.

Very weird sensation. Not quite deja vu, but a similar sort of "recognition", and instantaneous "POW" the first time you see them.

I loved your Afterlife post, auto....very exciting stuff...!

sled...how's it going?? You still with us?

Have either of you read Rosemary Altea? Proud Spirit is the one I own; she's a white lady who is very tuned into the Native American shaman traditions, and promotes reincarnation as well.

Thanks, Wildtimes. Yeah, I'm still with you.
Good to see you and AutoWrench again. I will have to read Rosemary Altea, and the book AutoWrench suggested, too. I've been busy on my other thread, "Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?" If you want some "interesting" reading, hop on over there!
Amazing what some people are witnessing.... ( I can't rule myself out on that! )

BTW... what part of the country are you in? You mentioned the Appalachian Mountains. I grew up there! Right at the foothills.
edit on 4/27/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yes, you described it exactly! I met my "first true love" by turning around and seeing him at a club. He was looking at me, and it was the "POW" effect you stated! We dated for three years, but then I messed it up, and we broke up. We've always has a huge magnetic attraction to one another, even today. I just have to stay away from him!

And then there's my cousin. She and I have been almost inseparable since birth (we're only one month apart in age). I have felt closer to her than to my real sisters. I asked a medium once about this bond we have. He said we have shared many, many past lives as sisters, getting into all kinds of mischief together.
Maybe we decided to come back as cousins so we could stay out of trouble this time... oh well, it didn't work!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks for the post and feedback, Wildtimes, and thanks for welcoming me to the "group"

I read a book by Sylvia Browne a few years back discussing some people believing Jesus didn't really die on the cross. Very interesting reading, but I'm not to the point of believing that he didn't. The book brought up some things to make a person wonder, though. That is the only information I've ever read on that topic.

Be careful here, THEY will start calling us a cult. I too have read Sylvia Browne, all of her books have really good, uplifting information, even if you do not agree with all that she says, and I do not. However, I strongly agree with more than 60% of what she says, especially on the topic at hand. Ruth Montgomery is another good author on these subjects.

Thanks AutoWrench. I'll have to write Ruth Montgomery down so I can pick up a book by her. I just received a book in the mail yesterday, Reincarnation The Missing Link in Christianity by Elizabeth Clare Prophet. I don't remember adding this book to my order, being as I have a number of books on this subject already. But since it came to me, I suppose there must be some information in it I need to read. Things happen that way.
I look forward to reading your thread. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

BTW... what part of the country are you in? You mentioned the Appalachian Mountains. I grew up there! Right at the foothills.

I'm actually in the midwest, which many people think is just flat.
No, I live a bit south of the Missouri River, and a bit north of the Kansas River.....this area is called the Loess Hills....
it's gorgeous.

The home of the Hopewell tribe long, long ago....
a few blocks from my home there was (is) a Hopewell archaeological site that was "mistakenly" covered over by a high-rise apartment building...now lost forever.
Interesting stuff..

EDIT: Yeah, it's a very weird sensation. Strangely, two of them were guys I saw from behind, but still "knew" it was significant (one at work, one in a tavern).....
the third was face to face...same POW feeling...even more eerie!!

All of them were very powerful, strong relationships...and all of them died.
Oh well. I suspect that's a good thing, but it's "a-whole-nuther" story, as we say here in my part of the world....
Hopefully I'm evolving, wrapping up former mistakes....

Now have a great match....feel I've grown.

Patience, my dear, patience. Embrace life as it comes. We'll all get there!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Bumping thread to put it back in my subscription list, since I have new members showing interest in this subject.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I've always been fascinated by reincarnation as well. I think that it is likely, even though the bible in its current form doesn't say anything about it - overtly.

I have knife phobia. I get tense around really sharp kitchen knives, even though I use them daily. I can not watch slasher films that show knife scenes. Otherwise I am not grossed out by anything, really.

Did I have an encounter with a knife in a past life? I can't explain my phobia...

My brother had that phobia - to the point where he threw out all of his knives. But, he told me that he was a knife man in Viet Nam, so there's that. What are your experiences with knives in THIS life?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This was a very well done thread. Star and flag for your effort.

You have read some of what I feel about reincarnation. I agree that religions have suppressed this from publication. Interpretation of the Bible is like the "telephone game". You remember, you tell one person something and by the time it gets back around.....it changes.

This is why I always point out "semantics" and "there is only one truth". This world existed long before Jesus, and while I appreciate his contribution to spirituality, there is still some possibility that even his words have been altered through the process of time and translation. Do you really need anyone to tell you what the truth is? We are born with knowledge. We know the truth. But we are blinded by disinformation and the free will of others.

One has to wonder how reincarnation or the recycling of souls plays a part. I believe that numerology has a direct correlation to the lives of our souls. Pertaining to the life force and the level of enlightenment we bring with us each time. Maybe this is why we have this collective desire to understand what transpires on a spiritual level and how these energy changes affect us all.

I will be writing a thread very soon about 30/70!

Take care and much love.

ascension211

edit on 11/3/2012 by ascension211 because: grammar!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
the bible does not teach reincarnation. Coming in the spirit of Elijah is not the same as coming again as Elijah.
The same would go as this was done is the spirit of fairness or the spirt of 1776 it is an additude not a person. As far as the man born blind the OT teaches that the sins of the father would be carried out to the 2nd or third generation.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

When the question of Elijah comes
up, Jesus himself proclaims that John is Elijah come again. The
first time is while John is in prison and Jesus delivers a public
tribute to him. He says, "It was towards John that all the prophecies
of the prophets and of the Law were leading; and he, if
you will believe me, is the Elijah who was to return.

The disciples ask Jesus,
"Why do the scribes say that Elijah has to come first?" In other
words, "If Elijah was supposed to come first as the prophet
to prepare the way for your coming, then why is he appearing
to us out of heaven in his celestial body? What's he doing in
heaven when we haven't yet seen him on earth?"
According to Mark, Jesus answers, "True, Elijah is to come
first and to see that everything is as it should be .... However,
I tell you that Elijah has come and they have treated him as they
pleased."? Matthew gives the same story but adds to his transfiguration
account: "The disciples understood then that he had
been speaking of John the Baptist."!

As far as the man born blind the OT teaches that the sins of the father would be carried out to the 2nd or third generation.

In the NT, if this were the case, why would the disciples even ask "Who did sin? The father or the SON that he should be born blind?" Why would they include the child as being the one to sin? How could he if he had never lived before?
edit on 11/11/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I believe we have to be reborn over and over again in order to learn all the lessons that are necessary for us to be one with our higher power. Some of us need more incarnations than others to achieve this. Souls progress and regress daily, sometimes the soul regresses many vibrations and is required to find the truth again. I try to take something from every experience I have no matter how minute or grandiose they may be, there is a negative in every positive and a positive in every negative. This keeps us balanced.

We have to experience both energies to be balanced. Being a negative soul without positive energy is how we regress. Being a positive soul without negative experiences defeats the purpose of being here. If the soul is in a state of flux at the time of it's ascension it will not be able to go forward to it's next destination and will remain in a suspended state trapped between dimensions, unable to continue until it reaches an ability to cope with it's sudden change of a lack of physicality.

This is what I believe some refer to as "purgatory". The next existence that soul has will be influenced by the last experience it felt. When it is decided how to return here or to another experience it will do so with the same set of instructions as previous incarnations, to learn lessons. Every soul has to deal with the free will choices of other souls, the key is understanding when it is their choice and when it is the choice of another. Many are blinded by the hatred they feel and are unable to progress in a positive direction. I myself was tested at an early age, since it took me a certain amount of time before I realized a traumatic experience was done to me at the hand of another persons free will; I regressed.

When I finally came to grips with the reality, 16 years had transpired and the damage done to my soul was irreversible and left an indelible print. How do you overcome something so difficult and start to progress again, it was and is not easy. It took me another 22 years and counting to get to the point I am today. I am fortunate that I did not ascend sooner through self-destructive behavior (commit suicide, alcohol poisoning, promiscuity, etc.) and my soul was allowed to heal. The damage was done as I said, but I learned valuable lessons from what happened to me and the behavior I exhibited as a result. I took a negative experience and found positive lessons to gain from it.

I am now capable of having true love in my heart for myself and others; as a result my soul will ascend to it's proper destination when the time comes. I wish for everyone to have this feeling, and know that no matter what adversity we have to overcome, it is possible to achieve what I call enlightenment or a higher vibrational harmony if we have true love in our heart.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Very well stated, BAW33. Thanks for posting on my thread.

Your mention of purgatory reminded me of a dream another member on my paranormal thread posted about that place. His dream is in the link below. Read it first to understand what I'm talking about in my interpretation:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is my interpretation of his dream: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This interpretation is based on the Christian teachings because that is the faith of this dreamer. It has to have meaning for him.

The dirt path is representative of situations where people have been less than honorable and may have acted in a devious manner.
The walls having no roofs symbolizes there is no barrier between the consciousness, mentality, and beliefs of the people here.
The sky transitioning between daylight and night fall indicates this place is like a “twilight zone” where souls go to contemplate on the bad choices they made during their lifetime.
The labyrinth indicates their desire to get to the center of their problem during contemplation. It also means that many feel lost with no way out.
The souls in this place are confronted by limitations, obstacles, and boundaries obstructing their progress (dirty walls). The dirty walls and structures in this place are symbolic of the “dirty souls” who have contaminated it.

Although the walls signify limitations, obstacles, and boundaries, they are connected together by archways which represent new areas of opportunity. If the soul realizes its errors during contemplation, they may possibly be able to move into one of the other rooms leading to the fountain (which represents Jesus).
Each room seems to represent different levels of sin. Archways also represent our support system, which are God and his angels.
Your guide handed you a green orb. Orbs symbolize truth, and a sudden understanding or realization. The color of green corresponds with the heart chakra. The heart governs passion, love, and healing.
You held the orb in front of a man and it entered the man’s chest (looked into his heart), and gave you the realization of his life and why he was there.
The broken archways you saw when you started walking down the path symbolize the support system (God and angels) have broken away in these areas.
You came upon a wall that had an opening. This symbolizes an escape from the boundaries, limitations, and obstacles that leads down this long path. The path had a water fountain at the end, but had no water. Jesus is called “the fountain of the living waters”, or “the fountain of life”. This fountain represents Jesus, but had nothing to offer the people here to “quench their thirst for knowledge”. They had to help themselves through deep contemplation on their life.

You noticed people sitting on the ground, and leaning on the walls. They were pure white. This seems to indicate souls who recognized the error of their ways during contemplation in the other rooms. They purified their souls from sin, indicated by the color of white. Now they wait for “judgment day”.
The rooms around the fountain had no walls (barriers) to the fountain, but they had a roof, which is a barrier sheltering their consciousness and beliefs. The people here will have to break through their current belief system before they can free themselves of sin.

One of the rooms was dark with what you called “grim reaper” type beings standing guard, although they weren't actually grim reapers. Their sword and shield represent strength and authority and physical protection from the bad souls escaping. The hay on the ground represents the necessity of hard work to get their souls cleansed. This room is occupied with souls who have sinned on a much darker scale.

You left this room in disgust, and entered another room behind the fountain. You took pity on a woman in this room and tried to help her, but your guide told you that you couldn’t because she had already made her choice (during her life on earth). She must realize her mistakes through soul-contemplation on her own so she can grow in spiritual wisdom, without anyone’s help. Your guide then tells you it is time to go. He sends your spirit back to your body and you wake up.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation too, Sled.
You made some good arguments in your OP.

I can't count the number of times I have met a stranger and I could not shake the feeling that we had met before, knowing we hadn't.

And then I have also been places that "felt" familiar to me, even though I had never been there.

I've also had dreams of going off a bridge in a car when I was young, and I have a terrible fear of bridges now. I don't know if this is due to the traumatic dream, or if it was a past-life memory causing my current fear.

Another great thread!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

As I pondered the concept reincarnation, I thought of the fact that life comes from our parents through our DNA which is inherited. This DNA is the blueprint that directs the formation of individual cells into our bodies. We inherit physical and psychological traits from each of our parents. Basically the spark of life from each parent is subdivided and then recombined to produce an entirely new individual with inherited characteristics from both parents.

Last month I came across an article describing how scientists had stored information or data on DNA www.foxnews.com... . Now if data can be stored on DNA and we inherit DNA from our parents, could it be possible that memories from some of our ancestors could be stored on that DNA and some people have the ability to access those memories? If so, that would explain why some people can remember things from other lives and believe they are a reincarnation from that individual. They have inherited a “spark” or memory from that person.

So do I believe in reincarnation? I do not believe in the popularized notion of reincarnation that is portrayed in books and movies. However, I think we have a stronger connection to our ancestors than modern thought accepts. We inherited DNA from our parents and maybe even a spark of their souls that joined together to form our own. Ultimately, God hard wired us for his purposes and who is to say if He injected some other sparks of souls to the mix. After all, he is the potter and we are the clay of His workmanship.

www.danielbarzohar.blogspot.com

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by danielbarzohar

On page one in my op... did you bother to read it?

Some scientists argue it is "cell memory" that was passed to us by our ancestors that gives us memories of past lives. NOT!!! In one case study I read about this person who remembered a past life as a woman that didn't have any children, and she remembered more lives prior to, and, after that one. If it was cell memory, she wouldn't have been able to remember the life of the woman with no children because there was nobody to pass the cell memory to concerning that lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join