It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe In Reincarnation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by wildtimes

I'll go read your threads now since not much is going on here now.

WOW! I'm glad you're on my side ( beliefs)!!!!! I just came from another thread you posted on. Good Grief! I promise to not call your posts "new age, hippie, BS!"

Some people just are sooooooooooooooooooooooo closed-minded, you're just wasting your precious time trying to convince them to open up............. just a little bit!
Loved all your posts there!
Yours, too, AutoWrench!

edit on 4/1/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 4/1/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 4/1/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

you're just wasting your precious time trying to convince them to open up............. just a little bit!
Loved all your posts there! Yours, too, AutoWrench!

No, it's not wasted time, dear...
we have a collective mission....we are occupied.....trying to bring to light the Truth.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by sled735

you're just wasting your precious time trying to convince them to open up............. just a little bit!
Loved all your posts there! Yours, too, AutoWrench!

No, it's not wasted time, dear...
we have a collective mission....we are occupied.....trying to bring to light the Truth.

Yeah, but some people like the OP on that thread refuse to budge an inch...... that's what I'm saying. I'll be right here helping you, too.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No such thing as reincarnation, you only get one chance and if you muck it up, it's on you. There are no do overs. If you miss your chance you end up in sheol and its lights out for you for eternity.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

What are you basing these beliefs on, Lonewolf?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What are you basing these beliefs on, Lonewolf?

I'll bet I could tell you what he is basing that on......but in all truth, both the Old, and New Testament speak of reincarnation, even though the word "reincarnation" is not included in the text. One passage comes to my mind:

"For I have no pleasure in the death
of him that dieth, saith the Lord God;
wherefore turn yourselves and live ye.'
(Ezekiel 18:32)

It seems that the vast majority of people do not remember their past lives. Legend has it that passing through the Birth Waters washes away all previous memories. I think also this is a planned event that we forget. And we are the ones making that plan. We do not remember our past lives because it frees us to make different choices. If we could in fact remember every detail of all of our past lives, there would be no surprises, one would know exactly what to do, and when to do it.

I myself had a past life regression back in 1999, during 11 sessions I began to unlock the past life memory base, and the memories became very clear, especially the death sequences. These are the hardest to accept, for some of mine were very violent, and bloody.
Some of the memories were so strong I began to suffer with post traumatic stress. Waking up at night with the sound of gunfire and artillery, and the screams of the dying does not make for a good night's sleep. Perhaps it is better not to remember, but, what is done, is done, for me, anyway.

Some links on people who have remembered.

Reincarnation in the Bible – Part I

Remembering Past Lives

The Past Lives of Children

If reincarnation is not true, why do some people remember their past lives?

Past Life Experience Project (Stories, Forums, Q&A)

The Key to Theosophy, 123-133. H. P. Blavatsky ON RE-INCARNATION OR RE-BIRTH

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No such thing as reincarnation, you only get one chance and if you muck it up, it's on you. There are no do overs. If you miss your chance you end up in sheol and its lights out for you for eternity.

Incorrect. You get as many do-overs as you like. EDIT: or rather....as it takes
I yesterday finished up reading Lectures IV and V in William James' The Varieties of Religious Experience: A Study in Human Nature. He goes into a detailed description of "The Religion of Healthy-Mindedness", the "mind-cure" school of thought, which was popular in the second half of the 19th century....that's correct....the 1800s.

Liberalism as Victory of Healthy-Mindedness

The advance of liberalism, so-called, in Christianity, during the past fifty years, may
fairly be called a victory of healthy-mindedness within the church over the morbidness
with which the old hell-fire theology was more harmoniously related.

We have now whole congregations whose preachers, far from magnifying our consciousness of sin,
seem devoted rather to making little of it. They ignore, or even deny, eternal punishment, and insist on the dignity rather than on the depravity of man. They look at the continual preoccupation of the old-fashioned Christian with the salvation of his soul as something sickly and reprehensible rather than admirable; and a sanguine and
‘muscular’ attitude, which to our forefathers would have seemed purely heathen, has
become in their eyes an ideal element of Christian character. I am not asking whether or
not they are right, I am only pointing out the change.

The persons to whom I refer have still retained for the most part their nominal connection with Christianity, in spite of their discarding of its more pessimistic theological elements.

But in that ‘theory of evolution’ which, gathering momentum for a century, has within the past twenty-five years swept so rapidly over Europe and America, we see the
ground laid for a new sort of religion of Nature, which has entirely displaced Christianity from the thought of a large part of our generation. The idea of a universal evolution lends itself to a doctrine of general
meliorism and progress which fits the religious needs of the healthy-minded so well
that it seems almost as if it might have been created for their use. Accordingly we find
‘evolutionism’ interpreted thus optimistically and embraced as a substitute for the
religion they were born in, by a multitude of our contemporaries who have either been
trained scientifically, or been fond of reading popular science, and who had already
begun to be inwardly dissatisfied with what seemed to them the harshness and
irrationality of the orthodox Christian scheme.

sigh.
Why is it that every generation feels they need to reinvent the wheel?

We should be so far beyond this old rubbish....even 150 years ago they were "beyond" it...but some remnants still linger.
edit on 2-4-2012 by wildtimes because: do-overs are unlimited

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thanks for sharing all the links, Autowrench. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

I hope the readers here will check them out!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
When I was very young, around 3 or 4, I used to go hide under the dining room table, or whatever I could get under, when I heard a plane flying overhead. Back then planes made a sonic boom, and made a sound like a bomb being dropped as they flew over, unlike today. I would be shaking in fear while waiting for the bomb to hit. My face showed pure terror, and I even cried most times in fear.

As I grew older I had "memories" of serving in the Korean war, but I wondered, 'how could this be, since that war happened before I was born?"

Also, I remember being on a passenger plane that went down. This seemed to be from a different lifetime than the one where I served in the military. I had bits and pieces of the event come to me in dreams, each time adding more of the "memory". The last dream I had about it lasted until right before impact. I haven't dreamed it since.

To this day, I will NOT fly. I would have to be totally unconscious to get me on a plane! This "memory", or dream, was so terrifying, and left a deep, deep, negative impression on me about flying. No, thanks! I'll keep my feet on the ground this lifetime!

These are some of the questions I needed answers to while growing up. Thus, my quest in learning about reincarnation, among other reasons I posted upon opening the thread.

I think my fear of planes flying overhead as a child was due to being involved in a war. Was I an innocent civilian who's town was bombed, or was I serving in the military, hearing all the bombs going off? Who knows?

I have no explanation of why I was so terrified of the sound of planes at such a young age. We didn't watch war movies when I was growing up. My dad watched westerns, and my mom watched the usual g-rated programs of that era. So, I wasn't exposed to the scene of war from watching it on t.v.

I had two traumatic memories involving planes from past lives; therein lies my fear of them in this lifetime. No other explanation I can come up with.

edit on 4/2/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think my fear of planes flying overhead as a child was due to being involved in a war. Was I an innocent civilian who's town was bombed, or was I serving in the military, hearing all the bombs going off? Who knows?

I have no explanation of why I was so terrified of the sound of planes at such a young age. We didn't watch war movies when I was growing up. My dad watched westerns, and my mom watched the usual g-rated programs of that era. So, I wasn't exposed to the scene of war from watching it on t.v.

I had two traumatic memories involving planes from past lives; therein lies my fear of them in this lifetime. No other explanation I can come up with.

Do you ever have dreams about dying in the same way?
I have recurring dreams about kinds of death that make no sense to me in this lifetime.
Dreams of being attacked by a bear or large dog or wolf.....(I have no fear of dogs or bears or wolves)
of driving off of a cliff....(into water....has never happened to me)
of drowning....(I'm a very good swimmer)
of going down in a plane or aircraft of some kind....

I sometimes wonder if those recurring death-scenario dreams are memories of my previous 'deaths' in lives that have ended.
Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Does anyone have any personal views about reincarnation they would like to share?
I think this topic is too important to let it die.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Does anyone have any personal views about reincarnation they would like to share?
Alright. Since you asked. I'm not sure that reincarnation is utterly believable for myself afterall. I thought about coming here and saying so earlier but I'm here now and think that this is a good time for me to say what needs to be said. To put this bluntly, I have started to question my beliefs and do believe that Satan would be more than willing to give me counterfeit signs and visions and dreams if he knew that I would only attribute them to God. Also, that though God hears our prayers, there are times where communication is blocked or intercepted by the devil because Satan is here to steal, kill, and destroy, to tempt, to disguise, to decieve and outright lie. I say this because I still can not bring myself to convey why I felt sure that reincarnation is real, to do so would be very absurd. I'll just say that it makes sense now, what I was going through at the time, that led me to make a request without questioning the radical outcome. I'm not denying what I have been through. Just knowing that there is a completely different, though possibly equally legitimate way to percieve what I have been through, is just my way of looking at both sides of the same experience and discerning by which perception leads me to humility and truthfulness and way from the sensual and demonic.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well, like I have said many times, Earth Life is a school for Spirits. When we are born, we are in kindergarten, at middle age, we graduate high school, and in old age, we graduate college. In a perfect world, that is. I believe that each en-souled person makes a plan for their life before birth into a human body. Each life is planned to help the Spirit to gain an education. We are all in training, you know. To be Creators of Universes.

Spirits like we all are seem to have an unknown origin. Oh, one could say, "God gave it to me," but that would not be entirely true, would it? I Am my Spirit. I do not have one, I am it. I inhabit and ride around in this carbon based human body, living under that laws of 3D physics, breathing poison, eating poison, and waiting to be set free.
I do not know where I came from originally, it seems so far back in time. I feel like I have lived many lives as a soldier, for that sort of life is within my memories more than anything else. Mechanical Engineering is also a a past life thing, in this life, I found that I already knew a great many things about cars as soon as I started working on them. At 16, I was in demand as a HP mechanic and diagnostic tech.
Is reincarnation real? Of course it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

It must be true. THere are plenty of evidences.

We have been evolved from life to life to learn only 1 lession: the lesson of LOVE.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I do not know where I came from originally,

Sorry to be so long in posting a reply. My internet connection has been down.... ARRRRGGG!

Okay… I don't know if anyone else will understand what I'm saying here, but I'll share with you a vision I had about 6 years ago. I haven't shared it with anyone else except for maybe 2 other people.

I was meditating, asking where do we come from? The answer came from a totally "other" source, not myself. I could also hear in my head a male voice speaking. He explained what I was seeing, and the meaning behind it. He was probably my spirit guide.

Okay, here goes...

I suddenly saw a large, intensely bright, round, living orb in Heaven. The orb was God. When our soul leaves our earthly body we become orbs of energy until we reincarnate (if we choose).

While in Heaven, Lucifer (Satan) became angry with God for ranking humans higher than the angels. So he went out and gathered other angels to conspire a war against God. When God learned about this He kicked Lucifer and his followers out of Heaven (to Earth). These are the fallen angels.

Lucifer had sinned against God in Heaven, and because there can be no sin in Heaven, and God is pure with no stains of sin, he had to cleanse his outer shell from the sin it was exposed to. To do this, He released tiny sparks from His "shell" until the entire outer layer was gone. These sparks went into humans; this is the soul... us.

We each have a spark of God in us, and His hope is that we will rid our soul (the spark) from sin, and come back to Him cleansed, so He can be whole again. That's why we are called His children, because we are all a small part of Him.... literally! We were made in His image... energy orbs. We return to that image when we leave our earthly body, or the body of some other life form on another planet.

When you hear some people saying, "I am God" in some New Age beliefs, most likely it is because they realize they truly are a small part of the divine God. Some people misinterpret this statement and see it as blasphemy.

I was raised with a Christian background, so I don't know if this was shown to me in this way for my own personal understanding, or if people of other faiths can benefit from it, as well.

If you are helped in your understanding of where we come from by what was shown to me, then that's awesome!
I hope you are.
Anyway… that's what was answered to me when I asked.

edit on 4/6/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Greetings, sled735, glad you came back.

Okay… I don't know if anyone else will understand what I'm saying here, but I'll share with you a vision I had about 6 years ago. I haven't shared it with anyone else except for maybe 2 other people.

I was meditating, asking where do we come from? The answer came from a totally "other" source, not myself. I could also hear in my head a male voice speaking. He explained what I was seeing, and the meaning behind it. He was probably my spirit guide.

I know what you are talking about friend, I too went on the search for my Spirit Guide, or Holy Guardian Angel, and finally met them, in full apparition right in front of me. One Male, one Female, Identical in most every way, both had wings, and glowed with a silver sheen. They provided me with the power to conquer all of my inner demons, and to walk a life free of anger, depression, spite, hate, of negativity.

I suddenly saw a large, intensely bright, round, living orb in Heaven. The orb was God.

Please, don't be so quick to assume. If I were to reach out and take your own Spirit from your body, it would appear to be an Orb of intense white light., about the size of a golf ball for newer Spirits. Older, more experienced Spirits would appear to be biggest Orbs, some a great deal bigger, but still not the Creators. There are many Higher Level Beings watching over, and protecting us, as we begin to evolve into our own Higher Selves.

While in Heaven, Lucifer (Satan) became angry with God for ranking humans higher than the angels. So he went out and gathered other angels to conspire a war against God. When God learned about this He kicked Lucifer and his followers out of Heaven (to Earth). These are the fallen angels.

To me, these are just stories, and myths, based on Celestial Battles fought in Space by Extraterrestrials in the Distant Past. Think about this, in light of things given in the Bible itself:

Generally, there are 2 flavors of the fallen angels myth. The first describes a group of angels who, lead by Azazel, lusted after the women of earth. They defiled themselves by mating with humans and their consorts gave birth to mean-spirited giants. God was not pleased with the rebellion and punished them for their misdeeds, but not before humanity was corrupted in the process. This tale is introduced in Genesis 6:1-4 and elaborated on in the Book of Enoch, part of the Jewish Pseudepigrapha which is a collection of works not found in the bible.
(snip)
As mentioned in the Watchers description, there are two potential biblical passages that refer to the first account of the fallen angel myth – Genesis 6:1-4 and Psalm 82:1, 5-7. To summarize, Gen 6 explains that the angels married women, but does not explicitly condemn this while Psalm 82 mentions that the angels sinned, but does not mention that the cause of their sin was that they married mortal women. There is no biblical evidence to support any connection between the two passages. There is only one potential passage referring to the second myth – Isaiah 14:12-15. Most scholars conjecture that this myth was derived from a lost Canaanite myth about a rebellion to overthrow El and Elyon.

source
Could God create a stone too heavy for him to lift? Then how could God create a Spiritual Beings that had emotions and a will to rebel and marry human women? And if these Fallen are so powerful, where have they been hiding?

When you hear some people saying, "I am God" in some New Age beliefs, most likely it is because they realize they truly are a small part of the divine God. Some people misinterpret this statement and see it as blasphemy.

Yeah, I have often been called a "blasphemer," among other names, but all it is is a recognition that one has the Divine Spark, or rather IS the Divine Spark, and it is too bad if some can never see themselves as a genuine part of the Divine Creators, and always see that as a prize to be won in a peeing contest with all other religions. They see the Holy Spirit as something only a Jesus Cult Follower and Christian Believer can have.

It is good that we can have these discussions.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I appreciate the feedback on my "vision", autowrench. I was beginning to think no one read it.

Anyone else with an opinion out there?!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Has anyone ever just met a stranger, and felt so comfortable with them... like you had known them all your life?
Or, maybe you traveled to a place you had never been before, but it felt like "home" to you?
Please share your experiences.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

On the topic of meeting strangers, I had a friend I served with that we instantly starting a friendship. At one point our racks were close together while we would drift off to sleep. Funny thing is, we had a another friend close by that would tell us about our conversations. After explaining, he meant that every night while we slept my friend and I would have full on conversations in our sleep that would last for hours. I never knew that was even possible.

As for your original post, I completely agree with most of what you said, especially the part of life not being fair for some. I am very interested to hear what you have to say about "judgement" and the veil that is to be lifted. If you do not mind could you possibly elaborate more on this?

Speaking of reincarnation, when I was younger I was entirely convinced I was black. I am not, but I could swear that was. I also have only two fears, drowning and burning to death. Past lives maybe?

Between your post and those of EnochWasRight, this has been a very interesting thread. Thank you for posting it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timical
reply to post by sled735

As for your original post, I completely agree with most of what you said, especially the part of life not being fair for some. I am very interested to hear what you have to say about "judgement" and the veil that is to be lifted. If you do not mind could you possibly elaborate more on this?

Between your post and those of EnochWasRight, this has been a very interesting thread. Thank you for posting it.

I just copied this from part of a post I have on this thread. You will come upon it if you continue to read:

Every soul must come to earth at least once before entering the kingdom of Heaven. There are things we must go through here to learn, to advance our spiritual level. It is we, ourselves, who judge the life we lived when we die. This is the judgement. It is up to us to decide if we need to come back again, or just stay on the other side, and advance there. It is a much slower process over there, so that's why people choose to come back here, to speed up the advancement of their soul.

IMO, the "end of time" the bible speaks of occurs at the moment our soul leaves our earthly body. There is no such thing as "time" on the other side. Therefore, this is the end of time. Not to say, the Earth won't be destroyed; I believe it will. But the "end of time", and the "end of the earth" are two different things.

The "veil" I speak about is symbolic. Simply stated, people will become more spiritually aware of "what it's all about". Our minds will be open to understanding things, seeing things, feeling things that we couldn't comprehend before. It is happening now to more and more people. Have you noticed more shows on t.v. that deal with "the spiritual realm" of things? People are becoming more aware of their own psychic abilities, having OBE's, and just all kinds of things going on now that was rare to hear about only 20 years ago. We don't have much more time to wait for the "veil" to be completely lifted.

Thank you for your positive feedback on this thread. It has been awhile since anyone has posted, but still a good read for people interested in the subject of reincarnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join