It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe In Reincarnation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
No such thing as a perfect circle, so there for nothing repeats in exact fashion. That's where the Fibonacci sequence applies.

Next, being that all of nature is of a fractal construct, this implies a series of 'self-similarity', when then applied to life and coupled with knowing that nothing repeats in exact fashion but is only a product of the previous and ultimately the product of a singular creation.

This is where and how, we are made in 'gods image' possibly.

Second, the fact that it doesn't repeat in a exactness, this is the reason for the seemingly different rendition of a previous life.

hope that makes sense

edit: it's funny that you reference the tree, for this a perfect example of fractals in nature
edit on 29-3-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

I have no idea what you just said.
Could you say it again in "common folk" language?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydub911
I really liked you post OP. I too have had questions about the church and bible and all that and am myself on a spiritual journey for the truth. My question to you though is you say we will reincarnate until we accept Jesus but then just a few seconds later you talk about how all religions are from the same tree and all religions lead to God. It's that a bit inconsistent? If you believe that accepting Jesus is the path to break free from reincarnation then in my eyes you are saying the other religions are. If I reincarnate a thousand times a Hindu it doesn't matter what I do in this life or how loving and caring I am, I will continue to reincarnate until I accept Jesus. Isn't that all a little bit of a contradiction? Overall I enjoyed everything you said but just have a problem with that one part.

This is what was shown to me personally by many years of meditating and researching the subject of reincarnation. I was raised with a Christian background. Maybe what was shown to me (personally) was just for me, to help me understand. Since the Christian faith says we must accept Jesus to be saved.

Let me go a little further in explaining...
In the Hebrew Bible, the one used in Christian faith, people were worshiping idols, and false gods; they had no real proof of anything else. So I think these people were having to reincarnate over and over again to atone for past-life mistakes, to correct bad Karma. This was taking the soul much too long to advance. God saw that the people needed some way to see who the real God was, so he sent Jesus (among other master teachers) to preach to the masses, and show that his God was the true God... The God of all creation. Jesus delivered the message, performed miracles, died on the cross, and came back to life 3 days later to prove to the masses what he told them was true. For the people who accepted this "truth" and accepted the God Jesus spoke of, this was the beginning of enlightenment for the true path to the real God. If the people practiced what Jesus taught on how to live a good life, and love one another, do good deeds, etc. they wouldn't have to reincarnate to cleanse their soul over and over.

I think the other religions have their own "Jesus" who came to show the "truth", and lead the people to the true God. Different religions call him by different names, but He is still the same God. Thus, the tree I spoke of with many branches to reach the same God. By my statement of "accepting Jesus" I should have worded that differently by saying "accepting his teachings". There have been many other "master teachers" that came to lead the people in the right direction, IMO. No one religion is right, or wrong...... just on different paths.

Does this help clarify anything for you? I tried my best to explain it as I see it. If not, then I can only state what was given to me when I asked God to show me the truth. I suppose He gave it to me in "Christian faith" wording to help me understand, since that was the religion I was raised with. I'm sure the "Christian version" can be translated into all the other different religions using other wording, and other masters, that goes along with that particular religion.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Star and flag. I loved your post, I too know about reincarnation and the Afterlife, and I agree that the Church conspired to hide this from the masses, for the reasons you said yourself. I went through past life regression about 26 years ago, by a professional, a PHd. This woke up a great many memories within me. It also helped to explain some things to me, like, seeing the dead all the time, and having people speak to me, when others could not see, or hear them. Now, years later, I know it for a fact, and know that I myself have lived many different lifetimes in many thousands of years, and that is just within this cycle of Earth-Life. Today I just laugh when someone tells me there is nothing after death, or we have only one life to live. I wish!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by sled735

"it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27)

Your whole theory or argument for reincarnation sounds like every Sylvia Browne book ever written.

Correct. Every soul must come to earth at least once before entering the kingdom of Heaven. There are things we must go through here to learn, to advance our spiritual level. It is we, ourselves, who judge the life we lived when we die. This is the judgement. It is up to us to decide if we need to come back again, or just stay on the other side, and advance there. It is a much slower process over there, so that's why people choose to come back here, to speed up the advancement of their soul.
IMO, the "end of time" the bible speaks of occurs at the moment our soul leaves our earthly body. There is no such thing as "time" on the other side. Therefore, this is the end of time. Not to say, the Earth won't be destroyed; I believe it will. But the "end of time", and the "end of the earth" are two different things.

I received my "truth" from God. Yes, I have read books by many different authors on the topic of reincarnation. These books started "falling in my lap" after I prayed to God to show me the truth. Just because I read the books doesn't mean I believed everything written. God showed me over many, many years what was true. After having this "awakening", I went back to read the Bible, and it went right along with what I was shown. Man has put such a "spin" on what the Bible is actually saying, and people just take for granted that the preacher knows what he is talking about. Not me! My translation of what it says came from God, Himself.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

WOW! I don't have the same capability of expressing my thoughts to others that you do; wish I did.

This is fantastic info! Thanks for sharing! AWESOME!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by sled735

Star and flag. I loved your post, I too know about reincarnation and the Afterlife, and I agree that the Church conspired to hide this from the masses, for the reasons you said yourself. I went through past life regression about 26 years ago, by a professional, a PHd. This woke up a great many memories within me. It also helped to explain some things to me, like, seeing the dead all the time, and having people speak to me, when others could not see, or hear them. Now, years later, I know it for a fact, and know that I myself have lived many different lifetimes in many thousands of years, and that is just within this cycle of Earth-Life. Today I just laugh when someone tells me there is nothing after death, or we have only one life to live. I wish!

Thanks for the S/F Autowrence!

My purpose in starting this thread is to help people stuck in "religion" to see the real truth. Not all of what is being preached in the churches is wrong, but there is so much more that isn't being told. I hope to get the word out! If I can open the eyes of only one, then my purpose for this thread has been successful!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My purpose in starting this thread is to help people stuck in "religion" to see the real truth. Not all of what is being preached in the churches is wrong, but there is so much more that isn't being told. I hope to get the word out! If I can open the eyes of only one, then my purpose for this thread has been successful!

That is my Life Purpose, to help those stuck in, blinded by, or chained down by religious dogma, those brainwashed into a way of thinking that does not include reincarnation. A narrow, crooked rock strewn path to follow, but someone has to do it. I know people who think God wrote the Bible, and God controls everything that happens. Even then they call God "Lord."
I love the looks on their faces, the cross wearers I come across trying to "save my soul" from "eternal damnation," when I tell them I have no "Lord," no "Master" over me. I am a Free and Sovereign Spirit, trapped here on Terra Firma for a time, and a time again, in a carbon based human receptacle that seems to be very susceptible to cellular damage and viral sickness. I do not need, or want their religion, perhaps I know too much about it, perhaps I am just different. Nothing against religious folks, but please educate yourself.
edit on 3/29/12 by autowrench because: to correct spelling error

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is a well thought out and well written post. I too have considered the idea that some souls are here to reincarnate, and may continue to reincarnate until they "get right" spiritually.

I think you're onto something and we're moving one step closer to the real truth of the afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thanks, Iason321. That means a lot to me!
I appreciate the positive feedback. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to explain it where people could understand what I was trying to relay to them. So many good posts on here! Thanks to everyone!

edit on 3/29/2012 by sled735 because: Correct spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One of the shows on "I Survived: Beyond and Back" told the story of a woman dying for a short time, and when she went to the other side she was welcomed by her aunt. She knew this was her aunt, but she had died before she was born; she committed suicide. The lady asked her why she took her life, and her aunt said she shouldn't have done that. She told her that because of that, she would have to come back again to learn the lessons she was supposed to learn in that life.

I jumped up from my chair and shouted, "YES! YES! YES! FINALLY.... some validation about reincarnation for the public eye!" I got so excited because you don't hear about reincarnation in the "main stream" of public shows.

If you would like to see the video, you can find it on you tube. I'm not sure what the date of that particular one was, but I know it's there.
edit on 3/29/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Okay, I understand this better than the previous post by MessageFromTheStars. (Sorry, Message.) I got part of what you were talking about, but the video by EnochWasRight shows it to me.
Thanks for your input, Enoch.

edit on 3/29/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh, come on, people! Surely there are more than these posts I've received that have an opinion about this.
Let's hear it............

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I've always been fascinated by reincarnation as well. I think that it is likely, even though the bible in its current form doesn't say anything about it - overtly.

Did you read all of my beginning post? I covered areas in the Bible that do let the reader know there has to be reincarnation being referred to there... IMO.
MAN has taken these verses and twisted it into having a different meaning.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
We will be born again and again until we don't have lust, greed, gluttony, etc etc then we will become an astral being.!

Each life is to live happy as we can be with what we have without causing much trouble.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

"it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27)

Your whole theory or argument for reincarnation sounds like every Sylvia Browne book ever written.

Have you ever read the part in the bible where Jesus talks about a "SECOND death?" If you were to read the bible chronologically and critically then this one scripture would not lead you to deny suppress and be willfully ignorant to the overwhelming evidence available to those who seek the truth on matters of life and death. What ONE man (Paul) says, should not be used to discredit the MANY wonders of our reality as related by those who are not ashamed to discuss their experiences which are relevant.

Despite the widespread, uncritical adulation of Paul by those who listen to others instead of thinking for themselves, independent-minded analysts of Jesus' teachings have often found great cause to find fault with Paul. One of the most famous critcisms comes from Thomas Jefferson, who wrote in a letter to James Smith, that "Paul was ... the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus."
-Paul vs. Jesus
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

reply to post by sled735

Have you ever read the part in the bible where Jesus talks about a "SECOND death?" If you were to read the bible chronologically and critically then this one scripture would not lead you to deny suppress and be willfully ignorant to the overwhelming evidence available to those who seek the truth on matters of life and death. What ONE man (Paul) says, should not be used to discredit the MANY wonders of our reality as related by those who are not ashamed to discuss their experiences which are relevant.

Despite the widespread, uncritical adulation of Paul by those who listen to others instead of thinking for themselves, independent-minded analysts of Jesus' teachings have often found great cause to find fault with Paul. One of the most famous critcisms comes from Thomas Jefferson, who wrote in a letter to James Smith, that "Paul was ... the first corrupter of the doctrines of Jesus."
-Paul vs. Jesus
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: to add

Thank you for your post to Newsoul, Wonders, and I have bookmarked your link.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Sid Roth--It's Supernatural--L.A.Marzulli [Obama in Bible Code in Ezek 38; Mrk o Beast;],

Above is a new thread with some fascinating information. Since my thread seems to be dying, you may be interested in checking out this one. I think EVERYONE needs to hear the video on the thread.

I tried to embed it here, but it didn't work, so just copy and paste in the search engine.
edit on 4/1/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Star and Flag, sled!

Your thread is not dead yet...and welcome to the group -- we are several here on ATS, speaking out about these things.

There are many of us here (on ATS and on the Earth) doing what you are doing, i.e., attempting to lift the truth up out of the muck, and to help people see. There are also people here (on ATS and on the Earth) who will refuse to hear, or to read anything of depth and substance (e.g., the very first response you received...laziness.) Some people aren't here (on ATS) to learn, but some are. ALL people are on Earth to learn and/or to teach.

Iason321 said:

I too have considered the idea that some souls are here to reincarnate, and may continue to reincarnate until they "get right" spiritually.

I think you're onto something and we're moving one step closer to the real truth of the afterlife, heaven, reincarnation, etc.

(Hi, Iason!
)

Iason, that is close...but nearly all souls are here to "get it right" -- the only exceptions being the very, very few who already "got it" and CHOSE to come back, and those are the masters of many different times and places and cultures. Jesus, I believe at this juncture, was born perfected....as an example of the finished product. John the Baptist (Elijah) chose to return, but was not Jesus' equivalent. He was one who had achieved perfection through work and lifetimes.

Autowrench and I also have very similar thinking on several things. (haiya, auto
)
I am considering the conceptions of Jesus and John both, as to whether they were begotten by spiritual entities (angels), or if perhaps they were extra-terrestrial ..or extra-dimensional... "offspring" crossed with human DNA. There are just too many similar symbols, and too much happening all over the planet several thousand years ago...
for example....the idea of farming... of domesticating animals...of wheels...of crops...all developed in various cultures on various continents among various cultures WITH NO KNOWLEDGE of the others doing so.

How can that be? How did man suddenly go from hunting/gathering to sedentary farmers? All at once...and build pyramids all over the planet...and develop writing and math....and carve space-craft into their monuments...????

These ideas are considered fantastical and bizarro, and some think it's "new age BS hippie crap." We are sometimes called "fringe loonies" or "anti-Christs" as well as "bats**t crazy"... Not true. Intelligent, curious, determined to find out for ourselves and not just accept spoon-fed dogma.

I don't believe Jesus died on the cross; I believe he survived the crucifixion and fled to the East, to where he was safe with the Essenes once again, who were his "community" before his ministry, and who worked out with Pilate to get him down from the cross before he died and then nursed him back to health.

Some of us likewise are here (on ATS and on Earth) to help, to teach, to suggest, but most importantly to discuss. My journey has been (in many ways) similar to yours...and my personal truth is becoming more solid every day that I live, and I have been helped greatly here on ATS. I also read incessantly, have absorbed loads of books, articles, theses, studies, etc, and also watched documentaries regarding these issues....I am still learning, and expect to be for eons to come...in one realm or another.

Welcome, kindred soul, to 'our' tiny corner of the ATS universe. Look forward to discussing more with you....these are some of the thoughts I had to points you made, and I am curious to learn more about your thoughts...but today I am weary and going to rest my brain in solitude out of doors in my garden. (I apologize if this post seems fractured...as I said, I'm weary)
(A kiss of the sun for pardon
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth.)

Still, I would invite you to read my post history in the forum here and in the Conspiracies in Religion and Psychology Philosophy and Metaphysics forums as well, if you'd like some further insight into my thinking and journey so far.

edit on 1-4-2012 by wildtimes because: fixed emoticons...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Always good to see you in a thread, Wildtimes! Reading you, I have to agree, we are kindred Spirits. I figure the ones who deny, are the very young Souls, they as yet have not carried over any memories. Wildtimes, I know I am an Old Soul, and suspect you are too. Take care, dear friend. Auto

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks for the post and feedback, Wildtimes, and thanks for welcoming me to the "group"

I read a book by Sylvia Browne a few years back discussing some people believing Jesus didn't really die on the cross. Very interesting reading, but I'm not to the point of believing that he didn't. The book brought up some things to make a person wonder, though. That is the only information I've ever read on that topic.

I'll go read your threads now since not much is going on here now.
edit on 4/1/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join