It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Believe In Reincarnation

page: 1.
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
First, let me give you a little back-ground info as to what started my spiritual journey to get me to "what I believe"...

When I was growing up I attended First Church of God with my parents, a Baptist church with my grandparents, and a Methodist church close by my house . All of these different denominations had slightly different beliefs, and each one taught that their belief was "right" and everyone else was "wrong". I was confused as to what to believe, as you can imagine! I thought, 'Well, they can't all be right, as they claim, and have such totally different beliefs'.
Did you know the Bible has been translated 26 times since the original written scriptures? In all those translations I find it hard to believe that "man" didn't mis-interpret something. So, I decided I would just read the Bible and do some more research on my own, and see what God had to say to me without any human "twists" being put on the scriptures by a preacher.
I started researching every religion and spiritual belief I could get my hands on, and just letting God tell me what the "truth" is. I have been on this spiritual quest, basically, all my life. It's like being in school, and learning "this" before "that" can be understood in my next spiritual class.
Back when Christianity was first formed from the teachings of Jesus there were many different interpretations of it going on in different parts of that country. When Emperor Constantine came into power he decided he only wanted ONE teaching being taught so everyone would have the same belief, and it would stop any type of religious uprising/war. So he did away with some of the teachings and books written by the disciples. He and several of the Elders got together and decided which books to put in the Bible that would be used then, and for future generations to come, and which books to leave out.
There are books that contain Jesus' teachings that never made it into The Hebrew Bible we use today, but none the less, they are still teachings from Jesus. Jesus also shared some knowledge with his disciples that he told them not to reveal to the public. And he said there was more that would be revealed later. I believe "later" has arrived (actually, several decades ago).
Okay, having said that, let me say that some of the books that never made it into the Bible contained information about reincarnation. But, oops..... some verses slipped through in the books that got selected for our Bible that back-up reincarnation:
The ninth chapter of John tells the story of a man who was born blind. The disciples asked Jesus, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?"
In other words, the disciples acknowledged the possibility that being born blind might be this man's punishment for sins he committed. But since he was born blind, when could he have had time to sin unless it was in a previous life?
Also, in Matthew 17 Jesus was talking to Peter, James, and John and said, "Elijah does come, and he is to restore all things; but I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased." Verse 13 reads, "Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist. In one of his other incarnations Elijah was very widely recognized as being Elijah. So obviously, if a time came when "they did not know him," it was in a different incarnation, which the disciples understood to be John the Baptist, who was beheaded by King Herod. This is the clear example of "did to him whatever they pleased".
Also, when Jesus said, "Ye must be born again of the spirit to enter the kingdom of heaven", I think that is EXACTLY what he meant! Of course man has put his own spin on the meaning of this, too. Not that I don't believe in receiving the Holy Ghost, I just think this verse means EXACTLY what it says.
Since the 1970's there have been many psychiatrists doing regressive hypnosis on people trying to find a childhood explanation for some of their client's problems. Unexpectedly, some of the clients went back even further to a previous life time, and described it in full detail giving their names in that life, dates, and where they lived. Their details checked out to be true. There have been thousands and thousands of these studies done by different psychiatrists since the first time it was revealed, and they have all had the same results. (I've read probably all the books!)
Some scientists argue it is "cell memory" that was passed to us by our ancestors that gives us memories of past lives. NOT!!! In one case study I read about this person who remembered a past life as a woman that didn't have any children, and she remembered more lives prior to, and, after that one. If it was cell memory, she wouldn't have been able to remember the life of the woman with no children because there was nobody to pass the cell memory to concerning that lifetime.
So many people have been helped with current phobias, fears, and other problems by revealing the root of their problem actually occurred in a past life. Once the clients "remember" this, they understand they carried that particular fear or health problem over into this life, and they really don't need to hang on to it now.... they let it go. They're cured!
Have you ever just met someone, and automatically felt so comfortable with them; like you've known them all your life? Or, maybe you knew that you didn't like this person before they even opened their mouth? These are people we've known in past lives, and when we meet them in this life we get these "feelings" about them based on how we got along with them in a past life. Or, have you ever felt you've visited (or lived in) a certain place before, but know that you haven't?
I could go on and on about all this, but these are revelations that have taken a whole life time to get me to my current belief system, so I don't have enough time to tell you everything I've been shown about reincarnation.... sorry. I can tell you it took many, many years of reading, and praying for only the truth to be revealed to me before I reached the point of saying, "Yes, okay, here is the proof I've been praying for!" It's really hard to accept something that hasn't been taught in the "church", but I do accept it as truth now.
If you would like to research this topic further, you can read the book, Life Without Guilt, by Hazel M. Denning, Ph.D. It is an excellent book on the topic of reincarnation, if you are ready to expand your knowledge on the subject. I have read hundreds of books on this topic, and this is a good one for "starters".
Another reason the topic of reincarnation was withheld from the Bible was because the Elders thought that if people realized they had more than one life to "get it right" they wouldn't try to live the best they could in their current life.
Do you really think God could justify it as being fair to allow some people to be born with major physical or mental challenges, while others aren't? And, what about the person who lives a terrible life up to the ripe old age of 89, then "gets saved" just before he dies, while a younger person dies at the age of 18 before they've "made it right with God"? Their time here was unfairly shorter! (Continued on next page.)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
And, what about the person who lives a terrible life up to the ripe old age of 89, then "gets saved" just before he dies, while a younger person dies at the age of 18 before they've "made it right with God"? Their time here was unfairly shorter! What about the person who is born into a family where he really doesn't have to work too hard to get the things he needs to live comfortably, while others are born into poverty and have to struggle and sacrifice all their lives just to get a scrap of food ( like the people in Haiti, and Africa). Does this really seem fair to you? Forget what you've been taught by the "church" .... I'm asking YOU. Does this seem like a "JUST and FAIR" GOD to YOU?
Here's PART of "what I believe":
I believe we come here over the course of many life times to learn new lessons for spiritual growth during each of these life times.
I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ, and The Ten Commandments.
Some of Jesus' teachings actually take on more (and new) meaning when a person applies the belief of reincarnation to their belief system. For example, being that we are all here to learn different lessons, we should "judge not, lest we be judged". We don't have a clue as to what the lesson is that person is here to learn. (Oh.... I could go on and on if I had time.)
I believe we carry a "spark" of God in our heart, and this is where the kingdom of heaven is; in our hearts. (Although, there is a place in another dimension where our spirits go when we cross over that is a beautiful place, and some may refer to this place as Heaven.)
I believe we can continue to choose to come back to earth as long as there are lessons we want/need to learn, or we can choose not to come back if we feel there is no more spiritual advancement for us here. Although, some spirits (people) come back just to help other people reach a higher level of spiritual awareness; the come to teach us.
I believe we have to accept Jesus Christ as our personal savior, and believe he died for our sins on the cross, and he rose again. Until we do this, I think people have to keep coming back for more life times, until they do accept him (at least as long as time lasts).
I believe there will be an "end of time", and "judgment day" because the Bible says it. My particular belief as to what this consists of may be slightly different than what the "church" teaches, but I can't get in to that at this time.
I believe that religion is like a big tree. Our roots come from the same place, but along the journey many different branches (paths) were formed. But, the bottom line is, every branch is reaching toward the same goal; GOD. Each branch is just on a different pathway to reach Him. And even though God may have many different names used by the people in these religious branches, He is still the same ONE... "The Creator" that each branch prays to, and seeks during their spiritual journey. I don't think any certain religion is "right" or "wrong".............. just "different" in their path to find God.
I believe there is going to be a "veil" lifted (extremely soon) from the eyes of believers that will allow them to see all the truths that have been hidden from them in the past. I could tell you so much more about things that have been revealed to me (not just reincarnation), but it is not my place to do this. God will reveal what you are ready to learn when you're ready to learn/accept it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow.
I'm not reading that.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
im saving this for later. i would like to know if there is a way to find out who out past selves were

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Yes, any good hypnotist can regress you back to your past lives.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Wow.
I'm not reading that.

Sorry! I realize it is a bit long, but it takes 2 pages to explain how I came to this belief.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

what if we don't want to spend the money. any self meditation techniques?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I believe i can fly...

in the next life

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Yes, there are many books that teach self-hypnotism, but from what I've read, it is highly advised to use a professional. Just search Amazon for books on the subject.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reincarnation on earth is punishment...

unless we are sent back to the garden and make the right choice next time.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

No, certainly not punishment. Think of it like school. Study hard; the lesson is Love.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

No, certainly not punishment. Think of it like school. Study hard; the lesson is Love.

but the world hates the truth, you can not make it like that here... this joint has been tore up and left in ramshackles after one great big orgy!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated by reincarnation as well. I think that it is likely, even though the bible in its current form doesn't say anything about it - overtly.

I have knife phobia. I get tense around really sharp kitchen knives, even though I use them daily. I can not watch slasher films that show knife scenes. Otherwise I am not grossed out by anything, really.

Did I have an encounter with a knife in a past life? I can't explain my phobia...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I really liked you post OP. I too have had questions about the church and bible and all that and am myself on a spiritual journey for the truth. My question to you though is you say we will reincarnate until we accept Jesus but then just a few seconds later you talk about how all religions are from the same tree and all religions lead to God. It's that a bit inconsistent? If you believe that accepting Jesus is the path to break free from reincarnation then in my eyes you are saying the other religions are. If I reincarnate a thousand times a Hindu it doesn't matter what I do in this life or how loving and caring I am, I will continue to reincarnate until I accept Jesus. Isn't that all a little bit of a contradiction? Overall I enjoyed everything you said but just have a problem with that one part.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No such thing as a perfect circle, so there for nothing repeats in exact fashion. That's where the Fibonacci sequence applies.

Next, being that all of nature is of a fractal construct, this implies a series of 'self-similarity', when then applied to life and coupled with knowing that nothing repeats in exact fashion but is only a product of the previous and ultimately the product of a singular creation.

This is where and how, we are made in 'gods image' possibly.

Second, the fact that it doesn't repeat in a exactness, this is the reason for the seemingly different rendition of a previous life.

hope that makes sense

edit: it's funny that you reference the tree, for this a perfect example of fractals in nature
edit on 29-3-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation as well, thanks for sharing, was worth the read.
I won't post why I believe, I don't believe I'd be taken seriously, no not at all. All I shall say is that prayer can bring interesting results.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

"it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27)

Your whole theory or argument for reincarnation sounds like every Sylvia Browne book ever written.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You are on the same path that many people, including myself, are on with this line of reasoning. Click the link in my signature, then follow to the article on Water and the Spirit Baptism.

If you consult 1 Kings 17, you see two things right away. Elijah has control of water. Elijah is pictured taking a soul to God and then bringing them back down again to the mother's arms. Listen to the entire chapter. LINK

Once you see the station that Elijah commands, then examine His life as John the Baptist. He is in charge of water baptism. Deciphering the symbols allows you to read the Bible in a new way. The symbol of baptism is our immersion into the water of reality. We are baptized four times. Earth, Air, Water and then Fire. Fire is the trial that is the final refining process that burns away our dross. This is comparable to alchemy in every way.

Who does John the Baptist refuse to baptize?

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

The average man and woman are welcomed into the process. The "Experts" in the law that manipulate our society for gain will be refused entrance back into the kingdom of God. We could read this another way. It is entirely possible that all men make it eventually. The water could be the stopping point for the righteous in the world. The fire could be reserved for those who need more of a sign for belief. It is entirely possible that the dead in Christ rise first to judge the rest. There are many ways to view this. I personally believe that the what Jesus said is accurate. You must be born again. There are no exceptions to this rule. The first will be last and the last will be first. In other words, if you put yourself first in pride, you are last to experience the final salvation to the spirit. If you put yourself last by humility and love, you are the first to experience the inheritance.

The final way to view this is by examining nature. All unions happen in love. The sun and the moon are the first union that create life. Man and woman are the next level. Sperm and egg, right and left, eyes, ears, nose, feet, hands. After you see the pattern, examine what happens by example. The baby develops in a womb that is veiled from the outside world. After the birth, the baby then develops in the womb of the Earth, veiled from the next step. If the life fails to gain union with the Spirit, it returns to the water for another perspective. If the soul finds love for the spirit and the two become one, then a transition takes place. The person lives once. The soul lives on, either in the water or in the spirit with its Beloved.

Take a look at this thread on the The Gospel of Thomas

Another thread I did on Symbols is a good resource.

Don't forget to examine the articles linked in my signature. Each of them has a piece of the story on many levels. What you have noticed in the OP is a good start.

edit on 29-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by sled735

"it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27)

Your whole theory or argument for reincarnation sounds like every Sylvia Browne book ever written.

Not at all. Hebrews 9:27 is only half the verse. To get the entire picture, you must read the rest of the verse. I cover this in detail in an article on the Water and Spirit Baptism in my signature. Follow the link.

Hebrews 9:27-28

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

The "Person" is unique and will live once, not returning as the same creation. The "Final" judgment of God on the last day of creation implies other judgments that come before. The person lives once, but the soul does not die. God is long-suffering. He goes after the lost sheep. Jesus came for the sick, not the healthy.

Notice v. 28. We are all waiting. How many souls are on the Earth (Egypt) right now? 7 Billion (Fullness of the Gentiles). Elijah is shown to be in control of the water. He prepares the way for Christ on the "Day of the Lord." The day of the Lord is the last day of the week.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3 "Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

Now, return to Hebrews 9. Where do we wait and what are we waiting for--All of us?

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

We are ALL waiting. If a person died in Christ, they are raised on the last day. The dead in Christ rise first. This may have already happened. All eyes shall see and all knees bow, even those who pierced Him. How is this possible?

Revelation 1:7

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

The most anticipated day of history will have an audience that will see. Those who pierced Christ on the cross will mourn. The "Experts" in the law (leaders who corrupt the Earth (Egypt)) will not gain the water again. They will stay in the empty tomb.

When Jesus called Peter the lesser stone Petros, he called himself the greater foundation stone Petra.

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Greek word for Peter is Petros, which is the same word used for the stone that covered the tomb of Christ. This stone is movable and so was Peter. The word petra is the cornerstone that the true church is build from, which is the mass of a rock that cannot be moved. Petra is the same as a bedrock that the wise builder builds his house on. Compare this to Jesus referring to himself as the chief cornerstone (Capstone) in Luke 20:17 that the builders (Masons) rejected.

So what do we see from this? The Masons (Builders of the kingdom of men) are left in the tomb when the Rock (Stone) is rolled away to reveal a risen Church (Saints / Believers). The choice for salvation will come when Christ is revealed on the Day of the Lord. All that happens before is an example of the choice we will make. Most will choose Christ. Some will be judged by their connection to the spirit of darkness that they were united with in spirit. They are taken in judgment before Christ is revealed.

Matthew 24

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

The one taken is taken in judgment, just like the flood.

edit on 29-3-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
No such thing as a perfect circle, so there for nothing repeats in exact fashion. That's where the Fibonacci sequence applies.

Next, being that all of nature is of a fractal construct, this implies a series of 'self-similarity', when then applied to life and coupled with knowing that nothing repeats in exact fashion but is only a product of the previous and ultimately the product of a singular creation.

This is where and how, we are made in 'gods image' possibly.

Second, the fact that it doesn't repeat in a exactness, this is the reason for the seemingly different rendition of a previous life.

hope that makes sense

edit: it's funny that you reference the tree, for this a perfect example of fractals in nature
edit on 29-3-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

That was interesting. Compare what you said to the six days of creation. We see them as 15 billion years. In reality, the last two are compressed into the next seven. Man shows up on day 6. Now, compare the last 6 thousand years of history to the same golden ratio. Watch the video below. We see time as a line that flows evenly. In reality, it is by perspective in a toroidal vortex, like looking down a spiral staircase by perspective.

I did a thread on this: LINK

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join