It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblowin' Dr. OZ Confronts MONSANTO: Disease-causing GMO Foods Taking over Food Supply!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Short response: Umm, no.

Long response: even when DNA is purposefully put into a human cell in an effort to create gene therapy or a DNA vaccine, if it encodes for a protein that the body cannot produce on its own then almost invariably what you'll find is that the body's T cells will destroy any cell displaying this protein. This can be either good or bad, depending on whether you were hoping to save somebody's life using the protein or intended for there to be an immune reaction to prime the body against infection from a virus or the proliferation of a cancer which result in cells which display this protein. And given that I consume vast amounts of DNA on a daily basis and have never produced bovine or wheat proteins either myself or via the bacteria in my intestines, why should there be any great concern over a gene inserted into a GM crop throwing the body out of whack the moment it encounters the molecule?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AGuyfromTN

It was in the 80's that I was diagnosed with a disease that affects the endocrine system. At the time I only ate organic foods, no salt, and I excercised daily. Since then I've had numerous operations, one including nodules on my voice box.. but other types, such as bone surgeries and have had several diseases. I was healthy but that was a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You're in the right place to answer those questions. Just keep digging. Key search word for this; Eugenics.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
My Army roommate was a drafted agronomist who specialized in sweet corn.I absorbed a huge amount of knowledge I never thought I'd ever have need of about the entire process/business.Now 40 years later I have an intimate knowledge that I really wish I didn't

Well, start a thread and start passing on what you were told.

No reason to just sit there and not share the information, is there? What good does your post do if you aren't actually passing that information on to others?

I hate that attitude. I have intimate knowledge of something dangerous to all humans, have had it for decades, yet personally am too lazy to share that knowledge, or it hasn't even occurred to me to share it.
edit on 30-3-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nfiniteLoop

Well, the first part of your response was pretty right, almost right out of the textbook. When our body senses invasive genetics in our gut it causes a change in our digestive chemistry which changes the way things work. Our response and the response of the friendly microbes creates events that change the whole chemistry of our body creating an autoimmune response or possibly Psychoactive responses. This DNA doesn't even have to get out of the digestive tract to possibly hurt us. Most medicines leave the human body unchanged and many aren't absorbed. Pharmacology studies this extensively.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

[quote=1nfiniteLoop]I will instead mention that most if not all of these questions have been evaluated by the FDA and EPA long before the crops were approved for market.
---

Well then, what's not to trust?
end sarcasm

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You're going to have to pull up some links to studies if you're going to insist on such statements. The immune system will attack anything in the body that's not supposed to exist in the body so a simple immune response to a DNA fragment is not surprising, however you're suggesting that somehow otherwise inert, denatured, and most likely partially digested fragments of DNA will somehow cause great changes within the intestines and body in the cause of autoimmune diseases does not seem to be supported by any literature I've either previously read or can find on the internet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Our bodies need salt to take toxins out of the cells and into the bloodstream to be removed by the kidneys or liver. Salt is also used for cellular energy. The people telling people to cut back assume people are eating prepared food or food created the way that chefs do. Restaurant food is loaded with salt. Watch a Chef program on TV. They use a lot of salt. Our stomachs also need chloride, our saliva needs sodium and calcium. Without adequate amounts of these three things we will never reach optimal health and will always be weaker than we are supposed to be. I will say though that there are conditions where people need to have lower salt intake, for some people salt has to be restricted. Way too much salt is no good either but properly working kidneys will remove it. Potassium is another thing that is needed for energy in adequate amounts. Sometimes when things get off balance in our bodies the electrolytes get troublesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't really understand. You are against the vast conspiracy to protect public safety through regulation practices and product approval?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What is a vaccine, it is many times created by dead remnants of a bacteria or virus. Vaccinations can be put in your nose. The Australians research states that humans can get vaccinated against flues by giving the disease to a chicken and the chicken builds up immunity. The chicken lays an egg and the immunity is in the embryo. If we eat the egg it triggers a response and our bodies build an immunity against the flue. I understand the basis of how all this stuff works.Read the Wiki article on the immune system with an open mind. The basics of it are there about immune system response.

Do you understand what an antibiotic really is?
edit on 30-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I'm aware of that. I suppose I should have clarified by saying that I didn't use salt or own a shaker "in my home", but assumed that I had my share from eating out or at other peoples homes.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Of course not. I simply don't believe everything I read. And my body seems to agree with that logic.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I started eating healthier and got away from restaurant food and pizzas and store bought breads etc.... Everything got better healthwise but I kept getting low on salt. Each time I increased my consumption and still ran low. Finally got it straight, I now use about a level teaspoon (the teaspoon used to eat with) of sea salt a day added which equates to about a half a teaspoon of refined salt as they list on the RDA measurement system. Another words I use half of the RDA and everything tastes great and I don't get weak. It's hard to believe that I ate way over twice as much salt before. When you start a new way of life there's always pot holes in the road

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

OT but yeah, sea salt or at very least, DIamond brand iodized salt is way better lower-sodium source than standard table salt which is just pure sodium chloride. hopefully ambient radioactive iodine isn't making its way into our salt supply, though!

i tend to get bloated, HBP and diuretic from too much salt intake. so i try to limit my salt sources to spinach, greens, and fish/seafood which are already naturally high in salt as it is so i don't add any salt to anything although theres enuf too in the salad dressing, bread, and other condiments.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I would love to see your Australian research because I very much doubt that it says what you've interpreted if it is in fact legitimate research.

Acquired immunity is the result of the clonal response of lymphocytes to antigen proteins. While I would never in a million years imagine that you can acquire immunity against the flu by eating the eggs of a chicken that was infected with the flu unless it contained the flu virus itself, there are works being done to create GM bananas which can stimulate the B cell response and provide antibodies against pathogens due to the presence of the antigen protein within the banana. Entirely safe, provides effective B cell response, and because the bananas that we eat are triploid the plant itself is sterile and can be propagated only asexually because it will never produce seeds.

I'm trying to figure out why you talk about vaccines and acquired immunity and then ask about antibiotics. Are you aware that there is an amazingly vast difference between the two?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

A vaccine triggers the body to fight something and an antibiotic is a chemical or molecule that kills or inhibits bacteria from growing. Antibiotics are of many types, usually incorporating the benzene ring, Fluoride, or sometimes chlorine Iodine or any other Ion. Heavy metals can be used but they cause many problems so should be avoided. Using the properties of certain clays is a exceptional way to cure diseases. They can raise the conductivity of the electrical signals throughout the body and make it impossible for the bacteria to eat them. After a little while the bacteria starve to death and they can't form new spores or what ever they call them. The clay is the least invasive because the bacteria slowly release their chemicals and it's safer that way. Clay necessitates the re-population of the gut bacteria by probiotics. Fungus are killed with fungicides of various sorts or they can be killed with the benzene ring. The miticides used on our foods are creating antibiotic resistance more than our use of antibiotics. There are many strains of bacteria now that excrete toxins when they die that cause organ failure. This I feel is the main reason doctors aren't using many antibiotics because the information is out and this makes the doctors more liable. There are these kind of bacteria in the Staph and E.Coli strains and I can't remember the other name of the last one off hand. The orange isn't the source of the penicillin antibiotic either, it was just growing on the orange when they discovered it. I was led to believe a lie.

I couldn't find the article I read on the eggs. It's been over six months now. It isn't proven research yet but they did have evidence it might work.
edit on 30-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There is so much wrong with this that it's no wonder you're terrified of scientists who put genes into plants to cause the plants to create new proteins. I don't really know how to address this except. All I feel right now is that it's a staggering shame that children can leave high school without a basic understanding of genetics and immunology, given the myths and fears surrounding genetic engineering and vaccines( not to mention the failings of the school system in general).

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This is a free country last I checked
I am not afraid of anything but I am not willingly going to eat anything to compromise my ability to think anymore. I eat potatoes even though I know they are GM foods. I eat corn and I know that is GM. I do not like the soy products except soy sauce that is fermented because it is in direct conflict with my genetics. I am not inferior to anyone and not superior to anyone because I have not evolved to eat everything. If you think you have evolved to eat everything, have at it, you will pay.
edit on 31-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I find it strange that you think I will eat anything without regard to my body's well being and yet in the post that I was replying to, which first and foremost showed an unforgivable ignorance of immunology, you discuss eating clay as though it were a panacea which confers near mystical qualities on the human body. It is this kind of magical thinking coupled with ignorance of biological and medical science which spreads fear and mistrust of genetic engineering simply because they cannot wrap their minds around the science and processes behind it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

www.naturalnews.com... One of many articles. Geese...to think that all our ancestors stored food in clay pots....bacteria can't live on glass either. It absorbs sound frequencies and shorts out their nervous system. Bacteria can't live on a dust covered table if radon is present, the charged dust shorts out their nervous system. Should I go on and on. Onions or garlic on your counter create a smell that slows the spread of viruses. These come from scientific studies that are mostly easy to find.
edit on 31-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join