It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblowin' Dr. OZ Confronts MONSANTO: Disease-causing GMO Foods Taking over Food Supply!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
what people dont know
is that any thing you eat that has DNA
will effect Your DNA ! yes plants too.

I think we know now why they made a seed vault!
it will be a Big die off for the human race.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
as much as i like monsanto bashing - this dr.oz is not a good source...

shine.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this is great to see! i've caught a few episodes of this show and i always was a little skeptical about it as his popularity was launched by oprah (i'm always a little wary about what she promotes, i'm not sure why, just a "feeling"), but this makes me happy. finally someone people listen to speaking out about the dangers of GMO! now people will take this and run like the hive-minded sheeple they are, and thank goodness. I respect this man now. and monsanto's reply as to the necessity of testing being done is just ridiculous. to think he can get away with it is saddening.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
My Army roommate was a drafted agronomist who specialized in sweet corn.I absorbed a huge amount of knowledge I never thought I'd ever have need of about the entire process/business.Now 40 years later I have an intimate knowledge that I really wish I didn't

Spill the beans!! It's been 40 years!
we've all known info we wish we could "un-know"

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
People are still watching TV?

Seriously.. the people that use THIS SITE are television watchers?

Hmm..

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

shine.yahoo.com...

Seems he does'nt really know which sid e hes on.
I suppose the paycheck helps.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Damn, sometimes I wonder if I am living in a dream world or something. All this crazy stuff going on and its like we are totally powerless against it. It all just seems so bizarre and wrong to me, I cant figure out how all this craziness is happening, and being allowed to happen. Where is it going to end ??

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I watched the entire segment and was struck by a couple of things... in particular how GMO food could possibly affect allergies as well as the endocrine system. In the intro segment, Oz mentioned that GMO foods came onto the scene a couple of decades ago. I'm mid-40's and remember growing up very few instances where I met or knew folks with allergies. Nowadays, seems like everyone is suffering from some type of allergy. Additionally, the endocrine system "runs" or affects a lot of stuff in your body - growth, metabolism, mood, tissue function, reproduction, etc. Is it just me, but is there a timeline correlation with the intro of GMO foods into our food supply in the 80's/90's and the rise of obesity, sexual impotence, emotional stability, etc.? Not crying "fire in crowded movie house" here but the light-bulb went off over my head. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
California needs help to get GMO's labelled for Nov 2012 ballot. As California has the 6th Largest economy in the world a lot of manufacturors will not produce one lot of packaging for California and another for the rest of us in the USA... this is our chance.

In 50 countries around the world there are restrictions and out right bans on GMO's ....
50 countries with over 40% of the world’s population already label genetically engineered foods, including the entire European Union. Even China labels genetically engineered foods.

They need Californian's that can vote to sign up to get it on the ballot.

They need people to spread the word & monetary donations to combat the propaganda that's going to come out if they do get it on the ballot, Monsanto will spend big and hand big checks to the politicians to try to prevent the labelling.

www.labelgmos.org...

I did a degree in Biochemistry & Genetics and I do my best to avoid GMO's.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
We need to push this people! This is big, and it's trying to invade the world under our noses. Show them who is boss by purchasing NON GMO!

Here that guys link:
nongmoshoppingguide.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AGuyfromTN

I agree with you 100% my friend.People should wake up and smell the coffee, impotence i think does play a factor as well as wot else u said.Over-populated ok - just be honest tell the people the score ,explain the need for population controll and make it mandatory like china did.we are no longer children dont treat us like children .

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
we need a natioal boycott of any product that is gm,and maybe they will get the picture that we dont want to be poisond.and that woman on the panel looks like the witch from the wizard of oz.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's great to see someone like Dr Oz speaking out about GMO's. Unfortunately I watch his show often and I never saw this episode air in my area. I certainly could have missed it. But I wonder how many places aired this episode.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Most people working for the FDA are Monsanto's own people. People in such positions should never be allowed to regulate companies or businesses for which they are currently or formerly receiving profits/wages from. That is why there is never any testing done.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
www.powerbase.info...

Raoul Adamchak - Pamela Ronald's husband and the co-author of her book, Tomorrow's Table. Adamchak manages the student-run organic farm on the campus of the University of California, Davis.[62]

Monsanto: The University of California, Davis College of Biological Sciences runs a Monsanto Fellowship Program. It says, "These fellowships are made possible through an endowed student fellowship fund created by a gift from the Monsanto Corporation."[63] UC Davis names Monsanto in a list of companies, "most" of which have "donated at least $20,000 per year for a fellowship".[64]

Monsanto also funds UC Davis's Designated Emphasis in Biotechnology (DEB) graduate internship program, which UC Davis describes as "An inter-graduate program that credits PhD students for training in Biotechnology".[65]

According to an article in The Sacramento News and Review, "UC Davis faculty currently receive nearly $10 million in research contracts from the private sector - more than a few of them, according to UCD officials, with Monsanto." The deal prompted the reporter to ask, "The future of a major research deal between UC Davis and the Monsanto corporation brings the role of the university into bold relief. How far can a university go in collaborating with private industry before its mission of contributing to basic knowledge becomes distorted? How will we know when it's gone too far?" The article noted the dangers of reliance on funding from a single source of funds: "Last April when Davis City Councilwoman Julie Partansky dared suggest reduction of municipal use of Monsanto's herbicide Roundup, she was met with a public rebuke from a Monsanto senior researcher: 'As Monsanto searches for a permanent site for its West Coast operations... how would it look for a company to build a base of operations in a city that has banned, or even thought about banning its major product?'"[

Ronald is "the chief JBEI [the federal Energy Department's Joint BioEnergy Institute] researcher at UC Davis", according to an article on Monsanto's website.[67] The Joint BioEnergy Institute is a biofuels programme. It is "a six-institution partnership led by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory

So, Pamela Ronald, who argues for GMO's on Dr. Oz's show, teaches at UC Davis, a school which recieves cash from Monsanto. I think I see the connection to why she's so Pro-GMO.
Conflict of interest, anyone??? A little research and information can show connections and causalities.
Pamela Ronald, and her husband, Raoul Adamchak, are both bought and paid for by Monsanto, as is the UC Davis program which supports their "research".
There ya go, Folks.......
edit on 29-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
it would hav been weird if he didnt have at least one pro-GMO 'expert' on the panel/show $tate their ca$e indeed.

anyways, jussst HORMONES?!?
if these proteins and hormones and herbicides ie Monsanto Glyophosate can KILL crops unless they are GMO then that means they might kill humans too... unless the humans are GMO'd too!? select GMO HUMANS that resist all those artificial pesticide/herbicides/hormones. gosh, is that the agenda? its just crazy to be having humans eating all these modified DNA, RNA, proteins, hormones, herbicides and not expect DISASTROUS consequences, untimately. so, perhaps that is the desired agenda, goal.

it all goes back to Monsanto refusing to do tests (and US gov blatantly condoning that), knowing it's opened Pandora's box as it is by unneccesarily introducing mutagens, carcinogens, pathogens, including viral DNA it doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict what will eventually happen when random cocktails of bacteria, bacteriophages, and VIRUSes are injected into something meant for us to EAT. science has already proven the brain damage caused by even sterile PRION proteins absorbed thru the human gut, and affecting the brain pretty much in a fatally rabid breakdown - including mad-cow disease transfer to humans. The last thing we need is an outbreak of people getting a novel mad-cow like disease (or worse!) from eating a slice of Monsanto gmo 'beefsteak' tomato in their salad. but that is exactly what's waiting to happen, just a matter of time.

Doc Oz is THE US licensed physician "DOCTORS LOVE TO HATE" and so he puts his career on the line every time he educates the public further on alternative/natural healing instead of all the SYNTHETIC PHARMACEUTICALS and MILLION DOLLAR SURGERY the AMA & FDA mandate US physicians to exclusively push.

more docs need to step up and speak out in this ruthless food/drug/healthcare industry that sees more disease as more profit. most docs are businesspersons, not healers to say the least. Dr Oz goes against the grain which so few docs hav the balls to. is he an angel? heavens no but he drops the hints its up to us to be be responsible enuf for our own health and wellbeing and take the daym clue not bicker about not being able to trust officials experts and professionals 100%.

edit on 29-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have a personal stake in this topic. When I turned 40, I suddenly developed HYPOTHYROIDISM. This is part of our Enocrine System. When I asked my M.D. why this happened to me, she replied, "I don't know. Hypothyroidism is an epidemic. Our environment is so toxic, that it could have been caused by any number of factors." This was disheartening news, to say the least. This disease has greatly affected my health, and has driven my healthcare costs through the roof. 20 or 50 years from now, if our society is still intact, they'll make a connection. And somewhere in the mix, Monsanto, or some other large corporation will of course have the cure.
For a profit, no doubt.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

shine.yahoo.com...

I think Dr. Oz did a brilliant job exposing Monsanto and the dangers of GM foods without "directly" taking a side against them, and he was clearly walking on the edge, and careful to not directly attack them, which is probably how he managed to get it aired in MSM. I'm guessing he knew the woman on the panal in favor of GM foods was going to look weak against the other 2 panel members, which clues me in even more to what Dr. Oz actually thinks, somehow I'm thinking his family does not eat GM foods!

Dr. Oz has a large women fan base, and since I think it's still the women who shop and cook more then men, lol, although I know lot's of men cook too, it may have an even more "teeth" A pissed off Mom ( and Dads too ) that believe thier babies are being poisoned is a POWERFUL force, Mother's against drunk driving turned out to be very effective, perhaps Mom's ( and Dads ) againt GMO's could at least get this crap labled!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blasphemusbudda

How to avoid GMO's on a budget in the America's, a couple of actions each time will hurt them if more of us take these small steps:
Each Grocery shop choose a couple of items you normally buy and check the labels, then look for a simular product that doesn't contain the following offenders:

1. Corn / Corn syrup / High Fructose corn syrup (HFC). (removal of HFC will also significantly lower your diabetes and heart disease risk)
2. Soy
3. Canola Oil
4. Cotton Seed Oil (since when did cotton seeds become a food ?)
5. If you can't afford Organic buy rBGH Hormone free Milk (Look for rBGH free or no artificial growth hormones) & cheese & Beef (although you are getting indirect GMO's you are lowering your risk of cancer from the GMO growth hormone (banned in Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, and the European Unionbeen as it has been incriminated as a cause of breast, colon, and prostate cancers, not to mention the pus in the milk due to it causing far more infections in the Cows).
list of rBGH free diary products USA.
www.organicconsumers.org...
6. Please note that Meat, eggs and farmed fish will probably all have been fed GMO feed (This goes for Europe too as there is a loophole in the labelling laws). I suggest Organic meat and wild caught fish (look up the NOAA or Greenpeace sustainable list and eat fish lower down the food chain to avoid mercury & pcb's).

Eat more vegitarian meals (not non Organic Soy/Tofu though !!!!) ... this will help with affording the way more expensive Organic meat as a way round this. (Added benefit of lowering cancer risk.)

Sadly here in the USA, GMO food is much cheaper than Organic because they are using our Taxpayer $$$$'s to subsidise it....

Article for European's looking to avoid GMO fed animal products
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If companies refuse to label their food as GMO, then it is up to us to pressure companies to label their food as GMO-free and then start a campaign to educate people about what it means to choose only GMO-free food.

I believe its the only way we can win. I believe the vast majority of people dont have a clue about exactly how our food is being genetically modified.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join