It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet Blue Pilot faces federal charges (After losing it on plane)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Jet Blue Pilot faces federal charges (After losing it on plane)

travel.usatoday.com

Federal authorities have charged a JetBlue Airways captain with interfering with a flight crew after he became unglued and disrupted a flight Tuesday after screaming about a bomb.

An affidavit unsealed Wednesday states that Capt. Clayton Osbon told his co-pilots that things didn't matter during a New York flight bound for Las Vegas. Court documents say Osbon told the plane's first officer, "We're not going to Vegas" and began giving a sermon.

Passengers wrestled Osbon, 49, to the ground after he left the cockpit and sprinted down the cabin screaming and urging everyone to pray. The
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I don't have much to comment on about this, as I'm more interested in what others on ATS may have to say about it. I was talking with my husband who thinks maybe he was MK Ultra'd to do this. Just a thought however from the conspiracy side of thinking.

According to the Yahoo news link below, they state that this pilot was screaming about terrorists.

travel.usatoday.com

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have local news app on my phone and noticed a lot of people freaking out some even having panic attacks.
Probably just a coincidence, it just caught my eye seeing 3 or 4 incidents. Even a child who refused to stay in his seat haha

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
These paint a different picture than the article at hisz.rsoe.hu...

One is religious (Sin City = the destination) and the other looks like he had a paranoid psychotic episode over fear of terrorism.

screaming “Iraq, al-Qaeda, terrorism, we’re all going down.”

I think we aren't getting the full and direct story.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Dunno about MKUltra'ing, but I would think a post hypnotic suggestion to take down the plane would be done more discreetly; all he had to do was aim down and fight off the copilot for a few minutes.

Sounds like he either had a psychotic break or a highly unusual reaction to a medication or something. I can't see why or how federal charges would be considered when it seems far more likely it was a medical issue. I'm pretty sure he's not flying ever again, though...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Am i the only one who thinks he should not be charged? I think thats a story in its self. WTF up with the world when a men who before this incident was doing everything right with his life suffers a freaky breakdown and now face up to 20 years in prison oh and a $250 000 fine.
makes me want to calmly sit down with the prosecutor ask him why he is perusing pressing charges and then as he opens his mouth give him a good back hand and a say "NO!"

lol sorry i just feel for the guy thats the last thing you need after this type of thing just seems kinda heartless you know

edit on 29-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Imagine if people started doing this to mess with the air line system. I know it would never happen because we are all good little sheep.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It makes no sense for this man to be charged and/or sent to prison.

Is prison not meant to be for rehabilitation?
Clearly in the situation of a break down and obvious stress related problems prison would not be the appropriate course of action.

I think the defense would have an easy time claiming mental health issues anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

I agree. If their whole case is based on his mental break at the time, it sounds like they are already going to concede that part. So....
IDK about the US law on this, but many states have both an option of guilty or not guilty secondary to mental illness. He will never fly again. All because he had a public breakdown. Idk if there is the option under Federal law that allows for not guilty by reason of insanity. Those are really hard to prove too, but if the prosecution takes that stance going it then...

Well....now that I think about it I do believe John Hinkley was found not guilty by reason of insanity over his attempt to assassinate Reagan. But...he was also ordered to an inpatient mental hospital and has been under constant care since.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I find it interesting that they want to immediately charge him and are talking prison time.

Another thing that I find interesting, and I doubt there is a connection..... but Jason Russell, directer of 2012 Kony just had a break down of sorts too.

Makes you wonder what is going on.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
First it was the stewardess, now a pilot. If it happens again I will put on my conspiracy cap.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
First it was the stewardess, now a pilot. If it happens again I will put on my conspiracy cap.
If there is a conspiracy I would say it is that there is rumors going around in the industry..
Otherwise not sure

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

IDK about the US law on this, but many states have both an option of guilty or not guilty secondary to mental illness.
I am not certain either but would be surprised if he couldn't get off due to illness.

He will never fly again. All because he had a public breakdown.
Sort of puts the point rehabilitation into question doesn't it

Idk if there is the option under Federal law that allows for not guilty by reason of insanity. Those are really hard to prove too, but if the prosecution takes that stance going it then...
There would have to be and I cant see it being to hard to prove in this case, there are precedents for mental break down.
The only problem is a jury would be sensitive to anything relating to bombs, airline safety and terrorism; if it gets to a jury as I am not sure on US proceedings.

Well....now that I think about it I do believe John Hinkley was found not guilty by reason of insanity over his attempt to assassinate Reagan. But...he was also ordered to an inpatient mental hospital and has been under constant care since.
Ok so there are precedents, release would be subject to improvement, but considering mental health is not a measurable thing this is a flawed system anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
seesm this guy does not need jail but professional care plus proper directions for an alternative job on the ground. losing it esp. under airborne circumstances bears life risk not only for the dude himself, but everyone onboard the craft and also on the ground where the plane could crash. still doesn't justify imprisonment though, the man needs psychological treatment.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I saw this on the local news last night, in the clip I saw he also said something about Israel. I doubt he was hypnotized, my knee jerk judgement is that maybe the dude had a nervous breakdown or suffers from mental illness, if that is the case I dont see why he should or would be charged. So what a few people got scared, nobody was hurt. Im very glad they locked him out of the cockpit as that could have gave the story a more devastating ending.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

We got Israel We got Irak
what does he mean by that

why would a captain pilot would go bersek saying
something will happen to his plane

did someone high placed told him another false flag will happen
and his plane will serve for another cover up

did he know something we dont ?
this thing is really really weird
wonder why the CEO had to go in front of the TV to say his pilot was to much working

yeah right

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

I don't have much to comment on about this, as I'm more interested in what others on ATS may have to say about it. I was talking with my husband who thinks maybe he was MK Ultra'd to do this. Just a thought however from the conspiracy side of thinking.

According to the Yahoo news link below, they state that this pilot was screaming about terrorists.

travel.usatoday.com

What I find disturbing about this, is that this incident follows that case where a flight attendant became unglued just before take-off. Similar sort of thing -- rants about terrorists, etc. -- had to be physically removed from the plane.

What the heck is happening to our commercial flight crews?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
I have local news app on my phone and noticed a lot of people freaking out some even having panic attacks.
Probably just a coincidence, it just caught my eye seeing 3 or 4 incidents. Even a child who refused to stay in his seat haha

We know TPTB have ways of implanting ideas & voices in our heads (there was a Jesse Ventura "Conspiracy Theory" episode on just that kind of technology).

It would not surprise me if they have ways (we do not know of yet) to trigger panic attacks. Some people may be more vulnerable than others -- such as children or people who are already under a lot of stress. It's an idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Ha... yeah I was just thinking of Jesse's show on this..... here it is for those who have not seen it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Yep, that figures. Charge someone for going insane. I mean, he obviously meant to go bonkers didnt he

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join