It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60% of the time it works every time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Anchorman 2 cometh..

edit on 29-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It's about damn time!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
"I have many leather bound books & my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

''I love lamp''

''Milk was a bad choice''

I could quote Anchorman all day but unfortunately, i've got to get to work.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
As Epic as this would be, sorry guys, I heard on the radio that Will Ferrell said it was cancelled. Found an article to back it up too.

Bummer....

Anchorman 2 Cancelled

King

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

That link is 2 years old! Cheese! Some people just want to watch the world burn...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

LOL OP. I heard this news this morning and I quoted your thread title out loud at the time.

Stay classy, ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Wrong! Learn to read dates, May 2, 2010 at 1:00pm
. Funny enough though, that site confirms it is a go as they reference the Conan Show

Ron Burgundy is Back! Will Ferrell Confirms ‘Anchorman’ Sequel (VIDEO)

www.celebuzz.com...

“Good evening, I’m Ron Burgundy?”

Will Ferrell slipped back into his maroon suit and mustache for a special appearance on Thursday night’s CONAN. Showing off his solo flute skills, San Diego’s favorite newsman had a big announcement to make, but first he had to bust Conan O’Brien‘s chops a bit.

“You look like someone put a bright red fright wig on a skeleton and chucked it out of a helicopter,” he told the late night host.

But the big reveal was that the beloved Ron Burgundy will be returning for an Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy sequel.

The Associated Press reports that Will, Paul Rudd and Steve Carell are confirmed to return as well as director Adam McKay and producer Judd Apatow. It’s still not confirmed if Ron B’s love interest Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate) will be in the sequel.

As if you could forget, the first movie was about Ron Burgundy, San Diego’s top rated newsman in the male dominated broadcasting of the 1970′s. However, that all changes when a new female employee (Veronica) arrives in his office.

""You know how to cut to the core of me Baxter. You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair."

edit on 29-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The Conan YouTube video featuring Ron Burgundy has 1,278,517 views, 16,133 likes, & 183 dislikes, in less than 1 day.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Sweet Lincoln's mullet!"

I've been waiting for this! The return of Ron Burgundy, oh yeah!

Ron: "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

I mean, "Great Odin's raven!". This is wonderful news!

edit on 29-3-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Geesh, talk about people getting uptight. Sorry I posted the wrong link. To be honest I didn't look at the date, but the reason I replied is that I did listen to the radio two days before I posted my reply in which they reported that the sequel was shelved, but one of his other projects was still green lighted.

I didn't even know one was in the works, and since the first one was one of my favorite movies I was excited and bummed to hear about it all at the same time.

On top of that, I posted before I left for work early in the AM, so I'm not even fully awake until I get to work, so cut me some slack and stop getting so Irate already.

I replied to the news on the radio which was current, and I just googled a link as a response. But I apologize for not looking at the date, I'm sure certain individuals who just can't wait to reply with a simliar response were just waiting to pounce on that one.

It's great news if it's still on, but as far as I heard a few days ago, it wasn't, which was the point of my reply. Chill out.

King

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Uptight you say? It's funny how each of us perceive any given situation. I'll let you know I'm not uptight but I will call you out when you post the wrong information. I'm sorry you don't bother to look at the details, such as dates and what not, but you were wrong and we called you out on it. Doesn't mean anyones uptight, although me thinks you are a little butthurt therefore we must the ones who are uptight

The fact is, Will Farrel has been trying to get this sequel made for years now but the movie companies weren't on board with him. He came close to making the sequel once years ago and that's what your radio station and those articles were talking about.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Regardless of our disagreement, if this comes to pass it will be the best movie ever made. Period. Because if you don't like it, he will fight you, that's no lie.

King

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
ha awesome.
"I'm Ron Burgandy?"

top topics

join