IMNBHO (never been humble opinion)
1. Not sticking to your guns without re-examining every angle and perspective. Being humble enough to admit you made a mistake if you stand
2. Humility continued - Allowing others to keep their misinformed ideas ... because if we can't walk in their shoes ... we have no idea how they came
to attain those absurd ideas and they may need them for some psychological crutch.
3. Not whispering, not telling secrets or gossiping, not talking family business at work, not talking behind somebody's back, not stirring the doggie
pooh, and certainly NOT talking about intimate relationship(s) and intimate details with others.
4. Not responding to fools, trolls, or other contentious people. This lowers your level to theirs.
5. Not lying, stealing or harming others. Not lying includes white lies, grey lies, and lies of defense. It's still a lie. Not stealing includes
shamming at work, not doing your best at work and stealing so much as a paperclip valued at a penny. These are all theft at some level. Harming
others covers a HUGE but obvious area.
6. Not begging for help or advice when you can help yourself or have already made up your mind. This is self-serving attention getting which isn't
7. Judging fairly and without bias if called to Jury Duty or serving as a Judge. Not judging at all when you have no compelling reason or authority
8. Most of all - keeping your word and never ever making promises! Why not make promises? Because life is so unpredictable, you may not be here
(living) at any time and you'd die with a broken promise (unkept).
Lost honour can never be regained in full.
edit on 29/3/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)