It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIY Kit Overclocks Your Brain With Direct Current

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Transcranial direct current stimulation.

Humm, okey.. I am not sure on this, but havent seen it here and as usual Search dragged me back to 2006 where over clocking your brain meant by using mental gymnastics! oO That's too much effort.

Air Force researchers were delighted recently to learn that they could cut [the time required to train drone pilots] in half by delivering a mild electrical current (two milliamperes of direct current for 30 minutes) to pilot's brains during training sessions on video simulators. There is also evidence that TDCS can induce the state of creative nirvana known as "flow."

That sounds interesting, but I'd be very interested to learn more... I wonder if charging my brain while learning about the benefits of charging my brain to help in learning things, would create an educational feedback loop and ... anyway.

Technology Review Link

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Are you shocked at the content of this thread? I have a Montgomery Wards Medical box I picked up from an older woman many years ago. It was made in 1915 I think. It's got two coils and silver plated hand grips. Never thought of sticking it on my head.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

lol, I would like to volunteer for that experiment haha

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
the god helment guy's apprentice makes and sell these helments you put on before meditation. hes got some other ones that do other things, like for pyshic enhancement..idk. i'll find link. but it makes me wonder if they'll make a helment like machine that'll unlock all human potential. no need to go sit in a cave for 20 years lol
www.shaktitechnology.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Hmm....

The only thing I can come up with off the top of my head is that the weak electric current helps to reduce 'noise' in the brain ... somehow... or has an electrochemical effect.

In all honesty, though, they will have to demonstrate this to be greater than a placebo.... neurocognitive research is plagued with issues involving the placebo effect.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Are you shocked at the content of this thread?

I am, I.. wait, I wrote it, should I be? It's not popping out in unexpected places is it? oO

I have a Montgomery Wards Medical box I picked up from an older woman many years ago. It was made in 1915 I think. It's got two coils and silver plated hand grips. Never thought of sticking it on my head.

Lol, shh don't give the market away!!!

Sounds to me like you've got some sort of scientology saga, that older woman from many years ago neglected to relay!

if it's a case of biggest scam wins, Imma pointing towards the mecca of scientology - Hollywood!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Mine has a nice oak case with a leather handle strap. The 1.5 volt dry cells are hard to find now adays. It works great. These thing kill microbes in the body from my research, short them out. Trouble is they can pee out chemicals that hurt us when they die.

That's so modern looking, looks like a video game.
edit on 28-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
BEFORE we all jump for the soldering station and the electronic parts bin :::::

There seems to be one small piece of information missing :::::

What voltage do we use.

Small voltages may do nothing. Larger voltages could kill you.

I wonder how many volts is just right.

Until we know what the long term affects are, I will give it a miss. My brain is not a replaceable item.

P

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

No problem, 1 cell reversed polarity with the shield pulled half way out of the coil. Maybe 800 volts or so. Both cells and the coil pulled all the way out and it's like a car coil. So when are you available to start the trial, I'm sure not hooking this thing up to my head

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have tried connecting myself to a 12 volt battery recharger. Short term it worked great and had more energy, long term it felt like it cooked all the marrow in my bones and advise against trying it. Getting the right current though could help to give the brain that little push to work a bit better, too much and it just shorts everything out including your memories.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by mainidh

Mine has a nice oak case with a leather handle strap. The 1.5 volt dry cells are hard to find now adays. It works great. These thing kill microbes in the body from my research, short them out. Trouble is they can pee out chemicals that hurt us when they die.

That's so modern looking, looks like a video game.

Ohh -- Point of concern, that's not the device I was referring to, just from a glaringly cheap shot, I put the scientology e-meter there, in reference to the description of your medicine box

Lol, so in that you are 99% correct it is a video game, but luckily it only costs rich people. Oo

I had to google the thing you mention. I had no idea there was actually a medicinal battery.. oh man, cyberpunk brainfreeze!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
I have tried connecting myself to a 12 volt battery recharger. Short term it worked great and had more energy, long term it felt like it cooked all the marrow in my bones and advise against trying it. Getting the right current though could help to give the brain that little push to work a bit better, too much and it just shorts everything out including your memories.

That is pretty much how I felt when I had a similar technique for muscle strain.

It didn't feel right at the time, I put that down to my own anxiety. Interesting...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
They can do alot more than that... Whether they do or not, who knows? But i've seen some crazy # they can do

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
BEFORE we all jump for the soldering station and the electronic parts bin :::::

There seems to be one small piece of information missing :::::

What voltage do we use.

Small voltages may do nothing. Larger voltages could kill you.

I wonder how many volts is just right.

Oh. That doesn't matter, really. You have to have enough voltage to get the job done, which a lot of the 'amateur TDCS' circuits I see on the web don't. Well, they don't only not have enough voltage the regulator they're using isn't all that stable either.

The current's the thing. Your circuit should apply enough voltage to get the current you want. That's another way to answer your question. The 'real' TDCS you pay $1,000 or so for is a constant current generator.

You could likely do one for maybe $25 if you popped for a nice box, if you automated it with a micro and added in a nice LCD, a USB connection and whatnot you might pump that up to $100, not counting your coding time.

The next problem, and the worst one, is that if you're applying long-term DC to the skin (hours), you have to watch out for iontopheresis effects you don't want, which will crop up right away. A lot of the amateur circuit web pages don't address that either.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

The inventors of the Medical battery had seen the results in people that the technology can do. They were criticised by the medical professionals of the time and all studies were avoided. It gives the body energy and most bacteria and fungus can not eat live tissue. I have done much research on this technology and Ionized baths are used in the medical industry for severe infections. This is but one piece of evidence of the corruption throughout history of the medical industry.

This medical box can be used to build muscles too, but too much juice and you can cause damage. I still have to do more research on this concept to locate any negative effects. You wouldn't want to use it if you had bad arteries or a weak heart. I wouldn't use it on my head either, but have used it on other body parts. Two or more people can hook up and send power through their bodies in series by holding hands. It's great entertainment at parties. A person cannot release the handles if using two cells and the coil shield is pulled out, the only way is to shut it off. It curles the body muscles and twists your wrists. It fatigues the muscles and they start to jerk. Like I said. it could be dangerous.

A friend of mine borrowed the box to try as an aid in his and his girlfriends nightly activity. I asked him how it worked and he smiled and said that you can't turn it up too high or it hurts. He must be a politician now, because he never did answer my question.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I know someone who slapped a slendertone pad jobby on his head once and zapped his skull.
This was swiftly followed by a panicked wail of "Daaaad I think I've done something silly"

I've just got one of these. www.electrotherapymuseum.com...
If nothing else it'll be useful for trying out on a terrified cornerd burglar.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Have you tried it yet? They are awesome for joints and muscles. Hold hands with someone and each of you grab an end-piece. That's sharing electrons

edit on 29-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
These kids, the ones with the brain current stimulator and the weapons. They are all around us. They are not killing thousands on some battlefield. They are doing it next door on a computer. They are the Borg and they have been assimilated. The kid in line with you at the fast food joint just bombed a schoolyard a few minutes ago, and his brain is a buzzin.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am fairly certain there may be something to this as I know for a fact it only takes one zap from the electric fence for it to become very difficult to willingly touch again.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
sit on top of your house in a thunder storm!

or in the old TVs have a high volts coil.
16Kv that should do it.

how do you know what Part of the brain to stick the pins in to?
and what if you get the polarity wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join