It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help finding games for new pc setup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To the Tenth..

you playing Skyrim?

just wondering how you like it so far?

I know this is to the Tenth, but Skyrim is very broken. It is easy to overpower you character so much that the game loses all sense of difficulty. Enchanting, Alchemy, and Smithing are all broken.

You can get locked out of missions very easily due to glitches. Even the Main quest has a game breaking glitch that prevented me from progressing.

Skyrim refuses to run on PS3 correctly.

I would wait to buy it until more patches are released.

Its a good game, but it just doesn't feel finished.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

200+ hours in, still enjoying it.

Im' still waiting for a mod pack to the likes of GRA for Fallout New Vegas, now that's content.

But for now I'm pretty satisfied. Overall, 9/10.

reply to post by TsukiLunar

Nah, that's just consoles for you.

PC gaming is so above and beyond anything a console could, or will ever offer.

Not bad games, just bad platforms.

~Tenth
edit on 3/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I think Consoles and PC games both have things to offer the gamer. I like them both and I play them both. Besides, a PC can go way beyond console specs for a price of like 4 times more.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My metro 2033 came today im just installing it, im hoping to buy atleast a few more games in the next few days

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Is there a way to play SWTOR free for a few days?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ATM, I'm playing
MTA : Grand theft auto online
Skyrim
Final Fantasy x
Lufia 2
Natural Selection
Anarchy online
Civilization 5
Borderlands
Left 4 dead 2
Doom

I would also recommend

Resident Evil 5
Counter Strike
Diablo 2 ( Median XL upgraded)
Divinity 2
Abobo's Adventure
Fallout New Vegas
Need for speed underground 2
All emulators up to PS2 work great now

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Starcraft 2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Games I enjoyed

Metro 2033 (I have played every thing and this is by far the best game that has ever been made, play it on the hardest mode. In hard its like real life)

Skyrim(the 2nd best game that has ever been made. Amazing graphics and game play, its like diablo in 3d with a really large map)

Just cause 2 (kind of cheesy but amazing graphics)

Deus Ex and Deus human revolution(illuminati video game)

GTR series

Bad company 2

True combat elite(Old but the best FPS game I have ever played. I play allot of FPS games and am very good. This game is the only one that can challenge my skills)

Unreal series

Call of duty 4(any thing after is child's play)

I have played just about every major title out and I am sad to say that their is not much. Most games are cheesy and made just to make a profit. In my many years of gaming I have came to learn that allot of older games take more skill.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)
I ordered metro 2033 5 days ago im still waiting for delivery lol, damn i used to have just cause 2 i remember it being good but i completed it 5-6 times, what is the GTR series? hmmm i might get bad company whats it like for the pc? when i played it on xbox it was sniping campers paradise.

I MIGHT get deus ex human revolution but whats it about? i only watched the beta gameplay and to be honest it looked awful but it gets good reviews on amazon and play.com

Bad company 2 is good and balanced. ALLOT of servers and its only $15. Get deus EX Its a amazing game, if you liked crysis you will def like deus EX. The story line is amazing. You know you can test out a game before you buy it. Google torrents.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

PC gaming is so above and beyond anything a console could, or will ever offer.

You are 100% right, This was a tech demo for the ps3, its supposed to be impressive, the funny thing is, I wasn't impressed at all, every game on my PC gaming rig looks way better than this demo..

BUt than your talking my 1600 dollar gaming PC vs a 300 dollar console, so i guess its expected that PC would look better.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've spent well over 1000 hours playing Starcraft 2. Diablo 3 is also coming out in May. Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 are amazing sci-fi shooter games with a great storyline. The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) are awesome open-world fantasy RPGs with real-time combat and leveling while Fallout 3 is the same thing, but in a post-apocalyptic world.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lol im at work but just had to sign in as i love a good game thread

So far pretty much what everyone else has said are great games. Personally im waiting for swtor to release a trial before i buy it im still wary of SW mmo's since StarWarsGalaxies got changed so bad (RIP SWG PRE-CU BEST MMO EVER!)

If you like FPS try playing Counter strike its the game that started the fps craze and is still one of the worlds most popular and competitive FPS game. I've been playing it since the release and i still can't get enough X.X( i stopped playing for 1 year and now im a noob i went from esea pro > to noob in 1 year
anyone else feel my pain? oh andonly 10 bucks too

Batman arkham city was actually a pretty awesome game i was so weary to since most movie type games suck but it was awesome. But does anyone think they really screwed up not releasing a tool like the construction kit for skyrim to get some user content created. imagine the mods such potential

For a RTS i personally was really impressed with sins of a solar empire and of course C&C

honestly most of the new games seem to be getting worse and worse especially FPS i swear no skill involved in most of them at all (or maybe i just hold counter strike to too high of a standard)

Mass effect 2 & 3 where pretty good i've never tried the first one. But i have to be honest i find the purpose of the ship Normandy really useless and repetitive and the galactic map (a mini game?) is just laughable. but i do like the way conversations are really important and the action makes the game really fun to me even with those other annoyances. oh and i can not forget the effort gone into the background story that you can read through in the codex.

BTW jut a side note I just want to say to all those people who go to sites like piratebay and torrentz to download games for free with the use of a program like utorrent.
Shame on you!

yep back to work i go
edit on 29-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Ok, forgive me, I'm running late, I didn't read user posts so these might be redundant:

Just Cause 2. yeah, it's old, but you can pick up the ultimate edition with all dlc cheap, or free I suppose...

Mass effect 1,2, and 3. Best part is, if you finish 1 and keep your save, it changes how 2 plays, as well as 2 going into 3, you can turn it into 1 cohesive story and it gives you perks.

Portal & Portal 2. Fast, fun, and epic.

Modern Warfare 3. Yes, I am a BF3 player, but MW3 has an epic single player campaign that you should give a shot, it owns the single player campaign in BF3, but the multiplayer is a joke compared to BF3.

Not sure if you like racing games but Need for Speed the run is quite possibly the best racing game I've ever played AND it's on the frostbite 2 engine (bf3). My pc stutters with bf3 on the lowest settings, yet I have everything maxed in NFS and it's smooth as silk. I suggest a racing wheel, but a good ps3 style controller works too.

Skyrim. Your pc deserves to play skyrim. NO. scratch that. YOU deserve to play skyrim with the HD texture pack on your new pc, you will NOT be disappointed.

And just because I'm an admin on a sever, Minecraft! Yeah, you can play it on a calculator but it's still epic fun.

ETA:

Dead Island. I was really loving that game but deleted it for space concerns, if you like the fallout style games, what's better than an island resort infested with zombies? Nothing, that's what.

edit on 29-3-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You ask about games but I was wondering about you monitor or screen.

I was not much on playing games until I switched from my 15in Dell monitor to my 46in Sanyo flat screen.

Now Halo just blows me away. If I had room for something bigger I would probably get it.

I served in SE Asia in the '60's and have only recently taken to combat games. The larger screen gives much more realism than I had ever thought.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Civilization series. They have 5 now.

Best game ever made..IMHO : ) I don't have 5 yet..civ 3 (with all of expansions) is still my favorite.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Ive never liked mass effect its 1 of the only games i cant stand playing like skyrim and counter strike lol

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Ok, forgive me, I'm running late, I didn't read user posts so these might be redundant:

Just Cause 2. yeah, it's old, but you can pick up the ultimate edition with all dlc cheap, or free I suppose...

Mass effect 1,2, and 3. Best part is, if you finish 1 and keep your save, it changes how 2 plays, as well as 2 going into 3, you can turn it into 1 cohesive story and it gives you perks.

Portal & Portal 2. Fast, fun, and epic.

Modern Warfare 3. Yes, I am a BF3 player, but MW3 has an epic single player campaign that you should give a shot, it owns the single player campaign in BF3, but the multiplayer is a joke compared to BF3.

Not sure if you like racing games but Need for Speed the run is quite possibly the best racing game I've ever played AND it's on the frostbite 2 engine (bf3). My pc stutters with bf3 on the lowest settings, yet I have everything maxed in NFS and it's smooth as silk. I suggest a racing wheel, but a good ps3 style controller works too.

Skyrim. Your pc deserves to play skyrim. NO. scratch that. YOU deserve to play skyrim with the HD texture pack on your new pc, you will NOT be disappointed.

And just because I'm an admin on a sever, Minecraft! Yeah, you can play it on a calculator but it's still epic fun.

ETA:

Dead Island. I was really loving that game but deleted it for space concerns, if you like the fallout style games, what's better than an island resort infested with zombies? Nothing, that's what.

edit on 29-3-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)
I was thinking of the new need for speed ur a mind reader lol was getting it for the frostbite engine but is it as boring as some reviews say? i know it looks good but to be honest id rather have a game that looks bad and plays great than the other way around. I think ill be getting dead island looks intresting for pc

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

I have a 32 inch tv for my monitor it plays at 1920/1080 resolution

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

Can you advance through ages on civ 5? ifso i might buy it i used to love empire earth 1 for that reason

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I've spent well over 1000 hours playing Starcraft 2. Diablo 3 is also coming out in May. Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 are amazing sci-fi shooter games with a great storyline. The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) are awesome open-world fantasy RPGs with real-time combat and leveling while Fallout 3 is the same thing, but in a post-apocalyptic world.
Is starcraft a strategy game? i cant figure out if its a rpg or something like command and conquer

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
reply to post by Bixxi3

Ive never liked mass effect its 1 of the only games i cant stand playing like skyrim and counter strike lol

And now i don't like you

seriously can't stand counter strike? skyrim i can understand but counter strike? I just don't know how to process that....

OMG how could i forget ANNO 1440 & 2070? If you want really hard but really satisfying give that a go just amazing!
edit on 29-3-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join