It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help finding games for new pc setup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hi guys can you help me find some good games for my new pc? ive not had 1 for years so i dont know what pc games would be good to play, i like strategy, rpg and allout shooting games. Ive already got battlefield 3, crysis 2, medal of honor 2010, football manager 2012, command and conquer decades, empire earth 2 for some reason and world of warcraft.

A few games ive been lookin at is the new alan wake, dead island, F.E.A.R 3, dirt 3 and batman arkham city but other than that ive got no idea what to get.

My pc is.

EVGA 560TI Superclocked DS
8GB memory
AMD 6100 x6 Bulldozer processor
Well you get the jist of it its build to run prettymuch any game on highest spec.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Dont always focus on the graphics.

Anyway, here is a list of my faves.

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic

Reccetear

Diablo

Elder Scrolls series

Final fantasy vii and viii

You may also want to check out some emulators. You can play console games on the PC with them

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Thanks
oh yea thats another i was looking at the starwars game, i cant figure out if its good or not from video's a few of there games have been good some have been awful but id rather know its good before buying a game then paying to play it

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hello, big Battlefield 3 fan here. Mediocre but consistent (level 36, skill level 300) player, but anyways send me a Friends invite my ID is: Crazy3y3

Willing to play co-op (I haven't started it yet) or multiplayer.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Thanks ive added u
im usualy pretty good but seems to be alot of cheaters lately hope the new patch sorts that out, seem to be getting random kicks from games aswell and its counting as me quiting the games

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Dwarf F-ing Fortress

Best game ever.

www.bay12games.com...

One of the funniest gaming things you will ever read...

lparchive.org...

Get the 'Lazy-Newb' pack.

have fun.

X.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

There is a new Star War mmo call The Old Republic. Its based off of Bio wares Knights of The Old Republic series. I havent played it yet. But the old single player ones are good, no, great games. I recommend them to anyone.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by LvSLoLo

There is a new Star War mmo call The Old Republic. Its based off of Bio wares Knights of The Old Republic series. I havent played it yet. But the old single player ones are good, no, great games. I recommend them to anyone.
Nooo i get what you meant the first time lol, what i mean is id rather know star wars online is good rather than buying it and paying a sub fee and it turning out bad. Dont get me wrong id love to play as a jedi but lately game companys are very lazy and i regret buying most games theres not been many i can play over and over so fingers crossed star wars the old republic is good.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, if you're coming back into gaming 100% cold, then why not sample some? Assuming you are good to go with a solid net connection, I'd get memberships at:

File Planet (Demos...and Betas! A little of everything to make all gaming easier)

Gametap (A wide variety of games that install local but run through the service. Flat rate pricing)

Onlive (Like Gametap, but everything runs on their servers making local resources irrelevant. Connection is critical..and they carry current release games as well as going back years. It also lets you watch other members there playing the same games in an 'over the shoulder' way)

One or a combination for even 1 month would give you a way to sample and play with everything a bit, before dropping $50-$80 on a current release game. Just my thoughts...

By the way, Op..... Onlive has all of the specific games you listed. I play a couple of them there.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Games I enjoyed

Metro 2033 (I have played every thing and this is by far the best game that has ever been made, play it on the hardest mode. In hard its like real life)

Skyrim(the 2nd best game that has ever been made. Amazing graphics and game play, its like diablo in 3d with a really large map)

Just cause 2 (kind of cheesy but amazing graphics)

Deus Ex and Deus human revolution(illuminati video game)

GTR series

Bad company 2

True combat elite(Old but the best FPS game I have ever played. I play allot of FPS games and am very good. This game is the only one that can challenge my skills)

Unreal series

Call of duty 4(any thing after is child's play)

I have played just about every major title out and I am sad to say that their is not much. Most games are cheesy and made just to make a profit. In my many years of gaming I have came to learn that allot of older games take more skill.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Games I enjoyed

Metro 2033 (I have played every thing and this is by far the best game that has ever been made, play it on the hardest mode. In hard its like real life)

Skyrim(the 2nd best game that has ever been made. Amazing graphics and game play, its like diablo in 3d with a really large map)

Just cause 2 (kind of cheesy but amazing graphics)

Deus Ex and Deus human revolution(illuminati video game)

GTR series

Bad company 2

True combat elite(Old but the best FPS game I have ever played. I play allot of FPS games and am very good. This game is the only one that can challenge my skills)

Unreal series

Call of duty 4(any thing after is child's play)

I have played just about every major title out and I am sad to say that their is not much. Most games are cheesy and made just to make a profit. In my many years of gaming I have came to learn that allot of older games take more skill.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)
I ordered metro 2033 5 days ago im still waiting for delivery lol, damn i used to have just cause 2 i remember it being good but i completed it 5-6 times, what is the GTR series? hmmm i might get bad company whats it like for the pc? when i played it on xbox it was sniping campers paradise.

I MIGHT get deus ex human revolution but whats it about? i only watched the beta gameplay and to be honest it looked awful but it gets good reviews on amazon and play.com

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

If you want to benchmark your machine, just install Crysis.

They still use it today to benchmark graphic cards and procs.

Otherwise I suggest:

Sins of a Solar Empire
Stalker Complete 2009 (Shadows Of Chernobyl)
Skyrim ( with the mod packs installed)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
2 words!

MINECRAFT!

or is that 1 word..

But honestly dude, I built a wall the other day!!! Then I hacked blocks from it, and made it a rectangle.

See: Wall;

and now, ... damn sheep gets in the way of my purty rectangle

Soooo much fun, I swear!! It's rilly hard tho, people always steal my torches.

edit on 28-3-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Mass Effect series 1,2,3

Skyrim and the elder scrolls.

Desus Ex human revolution.

Batman Arkham City and Asylum.

Saints row the third.

Portal 1 and 2

and for MMO

SWTOR.

Thats whats currently installed on my gaming pc, Which is an i5 760 overclocked to 3.4, with 16 gig DDR3 1600, Nvidia 560 gtx TI.

Best graphics is probably Batman.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Best graphics is probably Batman.

Have you seen the High Resolution Texture Packs for Skyrim?

They will blow you away.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah, I have that, and I was underwhelmed, batman still Looks better, its all the lighting and Physx effects that are built into the game.

Uping the texture resoulution in Skyrim wont do things like make the carpet move when you walk, that happens in Batman, its Amazing, you step on a news paper and it crumples, pretty crazy.

dont get me wrong, I love Skyrim, any Elder Scrolls game comes out and I disappear for like two months (seriously its a running joke with my friends)
edit on 28-3-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

One tip I would like to share with you as someone who in the past spent much time and money on gaming, do not buy them when they are first released. Wait a couple of months until 20 dollars drop off the price tag. Games are not cheap and imho only serve to fuel profits. The larger corps makes 10's if not 100's of millions in profits on the larger or more popular titles. Patience can be rewarding and bug fixes too, regardless of your choice. Have fun!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

To the Tenth..

you playing Skyrim?

just wondering how you like it so far?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
reply to post by mileysubet

Thanks ive added u
im usualy pretty good but seems to be alot of cheaters lately hope the new patch sorts that out, seem to be getting random kicks from games aswell and its counting as me quiting the games

If the names are case sensitive it is: crazy3y3 (with a small "c" not a capital as in my orig post) sorry about that.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
bump

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join