It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bonehead moment of the day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't think I would've done this even if I were starving, I mean I might eat a bug over doing something like this. Yes, I've heard snake is good eating (don't know about the venomous ones though.) I'm not completely repulsed, by snakes but I wouldn't have one as a pet either, not my druthers. I also respeect you who do have a snake for a pet and I respect snakes as long as they don't slither my way. Especially now that I know the head could still have some life in it.

Anyway what would you all have done?

[url=Not quite dead yet: Decapitated snake bites man who put his finger INSIDE it's mouthRead more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Meghan Keneally[/url]

A homeless man in Alabama thought he was safe to pick up the head of a venomous snake since it had been decapitated by his friend using a machete. Bo McMahon put his finger in the body-less snake's mouth and found out the wrong way that the nerves of the snake were still intact, prompting it to bite down on his finger.Though the 41-year-old man initially refused medical treatment, he later was taken to the hospital because he began showing symptoms of poisoning.

edit on 28-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change title

edit on 28-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 28-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This Deserves a Darwin award almost. Yeah some people don't realize some animals can still latch onto you, even after they have been decapitated.

Reminds me of when i was a kid, my dad and uncles would catch snappers to cook up, they would lob their heads off and i was warned not to mess with them because they can still latch onto you. A snappers beak has lots of power in it.
Needless to say i remember Jake our Aussie Shepperd who thought he had a quick meal or at least a play toy, all i remember was a painful yelp from him as he took across the pasture like a bolt of lightning. He wondered back about two hours later with a fairly deep lesion on his lower lip. He was fine, although i think he was afraid of turtles from than on.

Moral of the story, beware of what you chew on it may chew back.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

That is stupid, hate to say.
I'm sure some booze was involved.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

The venom sacs exist only in the head of a venomous snake. Once you cut the head off, it's safe to eat.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I honestly thought that this was common knowledge, seriously, i thought everyone knew that nerves still twitch and latch a while after being decapitated.

Has this guy never heard of the phrase "like a headless chicken"?

Yes, no biting, but active nerves all the same,lol

Reminds me of the other story from a few years back, some guy shot an animal (i think it was a fox, not too sure though) and then thrown it in the boot of his car, with his gun. The fox was twitching around and ended up shooting the hunter. Irony
edit on 28-3-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Shouldn't have been taken to the hospital.

Just let natural selection take place.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can only think of one thing regarding Bo:
Dumb ass!

Regarding your question:
I don't know, but I sure as hell wouldn't have put my finger in it's mouth. That was just plain stupid.

Thanks for posting that. I shouldn't have, but I did get a big laugh out of it.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 28-3-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

top topics

join