It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to get medical supplies in bulk?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'll second the member who said "ask". Tell your doctor you're worried about losing your insurance, tell 'em you're worried about the supply due to current pharmaceutical interruptions, tell 'em you think you're going to lose your job and want to stock up now. Anything reasonable should garner some buffer. I asked my son's doc for a 2nd prescription for his autism meds that I filled out of pocket - gave me an extra 3 months worth.

Also, refill the earliest your pharmacy will allow. Ours allows refills 2 weeks before the prescription is due to run out in case the mail gets held up. I order the 1st day I'm allowed. Third trick, if a dosage is changed, use up the old dosage first if it's safe to do so. (NOT medical advice!!!) For example, when my son switched from 25mg to 50mg I filled it immediately, but asked the doctor if I could give him 2x25mg until the old medicine ran out. Garnered another six months of meds this way.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarystuff
There are some birth control pills that you can take continuously so that you you don't have that week of bleeding. That might be an option if your daughter can take those. I don't know their names though. Google is your friend.
yessir, that is what she is on right now, but after 3 months she has to have a period so that the uterus lining has a chance to clear up so they will "step down" her dose every 3 months.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It would be nice to know where to get things like total sun blocks and something for the radiation from the sun when wormwood comes around. We will all get burned from the sun and we will start to look like fried crispy people. I would hate to be labeled a ZOMBIE all fried skin and all. I have heard about what hapends to ZOMBIES on here and i definately don't want to be one of them. A good skin cream that blocks out the sun totally and lots of it. I definately don't want to be the APOCALIPTIC ZOMBIES running and scavaging around for food. Well, we will all be crispy critters,but i want sun protection while i scavage for food. It will be a scorcher for about 5 years and i need protection from the sun for that amount of time.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Doctor responses will vary based on the prescription and how the drug is rated.

My wife for example, is on some pretty heavy pain medication, so my only bet is likely going to be online pharmacies in other nations to build up a stockpile.

In the meantime, she typically doesn't take her full dosage, so at least she has a small backup that way, but it isn't enough to make me comfortable about a SHTF scenario.

We also refill at the earliest opportunity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join