It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to get medical supplies in bulk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have a 13 year old daughter that has a blood disorder named Von Willebrand. It just means she bleeds excessively during her cycle and it Doesn't stop without medication. We had to put her on hormone pills, BC pills, only not the normal step down kind just the high dose .
So how can I stock up one these if a prescription is needed? Without these pills there is a monthly chance that she would surely bleed to death.
The first time it happened a couple months ago, she needed two units of blood transfusion.

Any legal ways to get my hands on some without a prescription?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know. Maybe get a number of prescriptions from different docs?

link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Well.....If you find yourself suddenly south of the border and just happen to wander into a farmacia, you might just be able to purchase more than a month's worth......Just sayin......

edit on 28-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

link   
Nope. No legal way to posess drugs without a prescription.

But since this is a regular expected thing your doctor should see no reason not to provide a reasonable quantity of refills.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I think 6 to 12 months worth?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Well.....If you find yourself suddenly south of the border and just happen to wander into a farmacia, you might just be able to purchase more than a month's worth......Just sayin......

edit on 28-3-2012 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

I was hoping to not try to smuggle anything since i'm trying to stay under the radar...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you have the money you can get what ever you want.
In most cases legally also.
Money talks

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
If you have the money you can get what ever you want.
In most cases legally also.
Money talks

I have money...now what? It is about my daughter,money is no object.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I've ordered prescription drugs from India without the prescription. Quality was the same as you get in your local pharmacy. I believe that a lot of large chain pharmacies are now buying from India any way.

ETA: If you want the info send me U2U.
edit on 3/28/2012 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Do some research into Vitamin K. It's used to thicken blood. You can buy larger quantities of it, and store it too.

Vitamin K

What is it?
Vitamin K is a vitamin found in leafy green vegetables, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. The name vitamin K comes from the German word “Koagulationsvitamin.”

Several forms of vitamin K are used around the world as medicine. But in the U.S., the only form available is vitamin K1 (phytonadione). Vitamin K1 is generally the preferred form of vitamin K because it is less toxic, works faster, is stronger, and works better for certain conditions.

In the body, vitamin K plays a major role in blood clotting. So it is used to reverse the effects of “blood thinning” medications when too much is given; to prevent clotting problems in newborns who don’t have enough vitamin K; and to treat bleeding caused by medications including salicylates, sulfonamides, quinine, quinidine, or antibiotics. Vitamin K is also given to treat and prevent vitamin K deficiency, a condition in which the body doesn’t have enough vitamin K. It is also used to prevent and treat weak bones (osteoporosis) and relieve itching that often accompanies a liver disease called biliary cirrhosis.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Tell her doctor you are planning on taking a long trip somewhere very remote and would like to get a years worth. You may have to lie a bit about your occupation and intentions.

Or you could try an online pharmacy order a month's worth - if they come through order more.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
I've ordered prescription drugs from India without the prescription. Quality was the same as you get in your local pharmacy. I believe that a lot of large chain pharmacies are now buying from India any way.

message sent, thank you!

Destinyone,
her blood clots just fine, it is a rather complicated disease, it falls under the hemophilia umbrella.
thanks for the info though, could be helpful in other situations.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Tell her doctor you are planning on taking a long trip somewhere very remote and would like to get a years worth. You may have to lie a bit about your occupation and intentions.

Or you could try an online pharmacy order a month's worth - if they come through order more.

I think I'm gonna try the online pharmacy route

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think the best way would be to just talk to your doctor about what you want...For example, several years ago my parents did some off-shore sailing for a few years. By talking to their doctor they were able to get supplies for an exstensive first aid kit that included everything they could possibly need for just about any emergency. They were also able to get enough of their regular prescription medicine for their first aid kit.

There are ways to do it, and the simplest way is probably to just explain to you doctor what you are wanting to do. The worse they can say is no...and then there are other options.
edit on 28-3-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Bingo, get a ship's captain to vouch that you are going on a long voyage at sea, use several doctors if need be.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I was hoping to stay legal, this current government is just looking for an excuse to pick one of us off.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by TXTriker

message sent, thank you!

Destinyone,
her blood clots just fine, it is a rather complicated disease, it falls under the hemophilia umbrella.
thanks for the info though, could be helpful in other situations.

Info sent to you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There are some birth control pills that you can take continuously so that you you don't have that week of bleeding. That might be an option if your daughter can take those. I don't know their names though. Google is your friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I doubt you'd get busted for birth control pills, as they are not on the DEA's list of controlled substances, and are over-the-counter medications in Mexico. But if you want to remain stateside, some of the other posters have some really good ideas for natural remedies.

Best of luck to you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join