It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Detroit Citizens Fighting Back Against Criminals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Detroit is a hard place to live for anyone these days let alone the elderly. Don't get me wrong, Detroit is an awsome city but it does have it's flaws. The elderly have been being targeted for obvious reasons. I would like to share a the story of two elderly Detroit men who have stood toe to toe with these Detroit criminals and won.

In the first incident mentioned the 2nd amendment has shown it's importance in modern America.

www.freep.com...

Willie White, 75, put one bullet in an old gun Monday after someone broke through the back fence and shattered a window in his west side Detroit home.

Two days later, at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, he grabbed the weapon when he heard someone breaking in the side door of the brick tudor on Winthrop where he's lived for more than 30 years.

He fired a shot, killing the 18-year-old intruder.

"He got hit!" at least two others yelled as they ran, according to White.

"Already suspecting something after the previous day, I couldn't sleep, so I had my gun just in case," White said. "When he broke into the house, I had no choice, other than to try and protect myself, incidentally, not knowing he had a gun too."

And here is another story from the same article of an elderly man standing up to a vicious criminal while being car-jacked.

In Lincoln Park, 81-year-old Barney Trusewicz fended off a carjacker at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at the Mobil gas station, 4140 Fort St. According to police, the would-be carjacker was threatening his 78-year-old wife Constance Trusewicz with a butcher knife, but left when Barney Trusewicz tried to wrestle the knife away.

Police arrested Christopher Bowens, 39, the son of Lincoln Park's public safety director, James Bowens. He was arraigned Tuesday in 25th District Court in Lincoln Park on two counts of carjacking and faces life in prison if convicted. Christopher Bowens, a convicted bank robber who is on parole and living in a halfway house in Lincoln Park, thought the elderly couple would be an easy target, Lincoln Park Police Lt. John Martin said.

If only the young people had half of the intestinal fortitude that these elderly men have, maybe there would not be so much crime in some of these places. Kudos to these brave men.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Old religious people are 100% ready to die trying to stop a robbery. Its the perfect way to commit suicide.

One way ticket straight to heaven with honors in their mind. Its like reverse radical islam.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

The elderley are sick and tired of being targeted by young thugs. In Australia, if you shoot an intruder in your home though, you are charged with murder. There is no way to defend yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The old are obviously racist. These old men should not have been allowed the right to defend themselves. Isn't that the liberal agenda?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Old religious people are 100% ready to die trying to stop a robbery. Its the perfect way to commit suicide.

One way ticket straight to heaven with honors in their mind. Its like reverse radical islam.

[color=#FF0000]No! I think they are just fed up with punks who victimize those they perceive as weak or an easy mark. They have worked HARD all their lives and are not willing to roll over for scum who do not want to work hard like they did. In other words they have honor, fortitude, backbone, and courage. Religion has nothing to do with it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Police arrested Christopher Bowens, 39, the son of Lincoln Park's PUBLIC SAFETY director, James Bowens.

How ironic is that?????

top topics

join