It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to the ATS, i keep seeing chinooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
hi all, im a long time lurker on here, and love the information and miss information and best of all the sarcasm!!
never thought of registering but some strange things have been happening recently.

I live in fallowfield manchester in the uk. nearby is platt fields park, its a large park that holds events and is packed with students most days. Last summer on one of the hottest days of the year, when the fields opposite my house were full of students sunbathing and frolicking. i heard a large helicopter circling overhead, when i got outside i saw two Chinook helicopters circling the park. one of them started to land not stopping for the people on the field to get out of the way, it cleared the field in seconds, then just stayed there with rotors tuning on the ground for around 5 minuets then started to take off again joining the other and headed off towards the south. during the landing the downdraft blew down a tree and caused injury to a few park users. I checked the local papers and news but nothing was reported. that struck me as strange, if a sea king lands in the park it get reported but not this. now almost 12 months later the Chinooks have been back every few weeks or so, sometimes landing others just circling before heading off.

a friend captured some footage of a visit last month

tonight one was back, this time hovering over the park then hovering very low over a local housing estate moving up and down the streets like its following some search pattern that does not match the streets?

i dont know whats going on but i don't think its a training mission its seems to risky in such a highly populated area added to the fact its not being reported anywhere. there are a few other youtube videos though

sorry for the bad grammar but just had to see what ats thought of this

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
training ops?

nothing too extraordinary.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...buckle up, enjoy the ride....

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gr00ps

Welcome to ATS. According to wikipedia it is a CH47 or HC1 model and they are stationed at Oldham Hampshire which even with my bad geography is nowhere near Manchester so it does seem odd indeed. Especially it landing in a civilian park. I don't know if that is illegal per se but it does seem out of the ordinary. Good footage.

See you around.

edit on 28/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hi! WELCOME to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only.

Remember the introduction forum is for new member introductions only (please read) and you need 20 posts before you can start a topical thread.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.
Terms & Conditions - Please fully read!!

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

greeneyedleo (aka GEL)

new topics

top topics

join