It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Expedition Rebuffed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Remember the Noah's Ark expedition from a few months ago? Well, the Turkish government has denied it access to Mt. Ararat:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Some critics have suggested that the expedition's leader was just looking for publicity. Personally, though I don't think the so-called 'Ararat Anomaly' is Noah's Ark, I do think it's interesting and would have been worth exploring.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think it would be really interesting, the governemnt have nothin to hid(or do they), but even if it was for publicity it would still be pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ya know...if the Turkish gov't would just let a team go up there and search all over till they either find something or nothing we'd never hav eto talk about this again.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
we'd never hav eto talk about this again.

The dialogue would still go on. It will only stop if definitive proof of the existence of the ark is found, such that it can convince rational people that it does exist. When nothing is found, people imagine that there is evidence there or just say it hasn't been found.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Anyone else find it odd they put a military zone near where Noah's Ark is to be?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As I said in another thread, Russians found the Ark in 1916. By the time they were able to dispatch a messenger, the Russian Revolution had begun, and the messenger was captured and killed.

So it's up there. And from what I've read it's really dangerous getting up there, even without military installations.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why everyone ( including the CIA ) has been looking for this OLD ass wooden boat for so long? I mean it's like 6500 years old. What could possibly be so interesting about this boat that the CIA investigated it from 1949 to sometime between '88 and '90? FIFTY YEARS?!
Well I wondered about it and wondered about it and then decided to do a little snooping. The ONLY thing I could find that could possibly be of any intrest (maybe) was in the Epic of Gilgamesh. It seems "our" Noah story differs from the original ( written 600 years prior to the Noah story ) in a few respects. One has to do with Noah taking two of every living thing on the ark. Well that of course is just silly. However in the original Utnapishtim (Noah) didn't take two of every living thing but the SEED of every living thing. Now with a little creative extrapolation (more than a little) I made a albeit tenuous connection between the "seed of every living thing" and maybe ( don't laugh- well- okay you can laugh ) the "tree of life". Okay- wait- I know I'm an idiot but hold on. Check this out- what if the tree of life and the seed of every living thing were one in the same? THAT might catch the attention of cats like the CIA. Maybe? I mean why ( assuming the Bible isn't Completely figurative and allegorical ) did God(s) banish Adam and Eve from the garden of Eden ? So they wouldn't eat from the tree of life. Because if they did then they would live forever. Okay. Here's the scoop on this living forever stuff. If you were to live forever (or at least from this moment on) anything you wanted to do would be done. Why? Because it wouldn't matter if it took you forever to do it. Time would be inconsequential (I don't know if I spelled that right - it's my first time to type that word- inconsequential) Sorry- Anyway that's why God(s) kicked them out. So Noah ( I don't want to type Utnapishtim again DAMN I did it anyway) takes with him this seed of every living thing to protect it from evil men (Sumerian version). Now if this seed was real and at least related to the tree of life then I'm sure there would be some cats out there looking for it - right? You know - so they could be like God(s).

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Did any of you read the article? Even without reading it, common sense would tell you that it almost certainly isnt the Ark.
1. The wood would have rotted or washed away long ago.
2. The altitude is far too high for a ship to have run aground there
3. There is no evidence that the Ark even existed.

Oh, another question for Ark believers. After Noah had found land after the flood, he released the animals. If this was true, why havent we found the bones of non native species around the landing area? Wouldnt there be giraffe, gorilla, polar bear and other animal remains found there?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
God didn'e let them eat of the tree of life or they would forever be stuck in their sin condition.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooligan13
in the Epic of Gilgamesh. It seems "our" Noah story differs from the original ( written 600 years prior to the Noah story ) in a few respects. One has to do with Noah taking two of every living thing on the ark. Well that of course is just silly. However in the original Utnapishtim (Noah) didn't take two of every living thing but the SEED of every living thing.

what if the tree of life and the seed of every living thing were one in the same? So Noah takes with him this seed of every living thing to protect it from evil men (Sumerian version). Now if this seed was real and at least related to the tree of life then I'm sure there would be some cats out there looking for it - right? You know - so they could be like God(s).

Well, I think that you have a connection, but just needs some tweeking.
The Tree of Life is Jesus Christ- He is the Light and the LIFE of the World. In other words, all things are alive through and because of Him. Second, phraseology is used differnetly but how does one take the "seed" of every living creature into a ship, except by the animals that have seed within themselves?

In the Book of Jasher it talks about how God commanded the beasts to come to Noah as he sat at the Ark's door. He was to take only those that crouched (bowed) to him. The others he was to leave. When God shut Noah and his family in, the wicked people came to the ark trying to get in, but the animals that did not get taken into the ark chased the people off to protect the ship.

When I read that, it was very touching for to think of the great kindness God showed to Noah and his family. It must have been difficult for them to hear the pleadings of the people as the rains fell.

I don't know if that is the ark on Ararat, but I know that if God wanted to preserve the Ark as a testimony of that reality, he could do it. If it's not, well I wonder what the agenda would be to act like it is? Was a government motivated by money?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Noah's ark has already been found. I know it looks like a hogback formation, but artifacts have been unearthed here that confirms it is the ark.

[edit on 11-20-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Jesus is an (edit ) parasite. Thru him the aliens created xtianity which is enslaving a lot of humanity. Noah's ark (which is really a rip off of the sumerian thing) is more like a spaceship not a seaship. He took genetic samples aboard which could still have dna of extinct animals and who knows what else in it. If it is there then it would be still intact, a good blueprint for making alien technology, or maybe it shows how advanced humans were b4 the great explosion that killed off atlantis etc.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by pantha]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The tree of life is not Jesus, it is a much older model of a universal order of sacred geometry that exists in both the body and the universe (as above then below), it is an incredibly detailed subject that comes from the Holy Kabbala

www.ucalgary.ca...

I've seen the documentaries on Fox on the Arc and I would like to believe it exists on Ararat. Sooner or later we will get to confirm if it's there....

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Five things wrong with Noahs Ark:

1. To get the animals on, Noah would had to have loaded the animals at a rate of som 100 animals a second.
2. There isn't enough water on the Earth to Flood all of earth.
3. If something like comet brought the water it would have to be so big it would destroy all life on earth.
4. Wouldn't there be signs left on the land if there was a giant flood.
5. Any wood would have rotted away long ago not allowing us to find the ark if it did exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
orfeo8

Some interesting ideas....do you have some reference material, or are those just your ideas? I haven't heard that angle on the arc before, but the storing of dna samples before an oncoming disaster makes some sense.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
There is a body of serious research that indicates that there was a catastrophic event that caused the Mediterreanean to back wash into the red sea with huge force some 7500 years ago.

see www.gsa.org.au...

Noahs flood is consistent with the Egyptian festival of the dead (great flood of Hathor) and forms the basis of similar festivals Beltane, Dias de los Muertos and Halloween, commemorating huge catastrophic loss of life which are still celebrated today.

I do not understand the whole animals parable...I agree that it would be impossible to load all the earths animals on a single ship....

That there were survivors of the great deluge, who escaped on a large boat, doesn't to me, seem that incredible.

Not all wood will rot away, we have perified wood from forrests that existed millions of years ago,

www.americansouthwest.net/ arizona/petrified_forest/geology.html

The Fox doco on the Arc showed the wooden samples recovered were of a suitable vintage and type of timber to corroborate the Ararat findings.

It's a shame it has to be in Kurdistan, if it were in the West we could have known for sure years ago...

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I really wonder why anyone wanting to find Noahs Ark would climb Mt. Ararat. It seems that it would be a little easier to get a Helicopter to drop them right on top of it.
I also question why they would make it a Military Zone unless they are trying to hide something. It's almost like area 51, they are hiding something.
What's the problem with letting a few scientist up there to verify whether or not it is the Ark.

I would believe that it is the Ark and this is why they don't want anyone to confirm it. With todays technology it could easily be proven.

They would never let anyone prove that it is the Ark, for that would prove that there is GOD. This would change everything we have been taught.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It would certainly prove that their was a Noah and a great flood and that parts of the Bible and the characters contained therein were historical...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
See- I don't think they are looking for the "Ark" at all. The old wooden boat- the debate over flood levels and such - it could be a smoke screen. Governments ( particularly super powers like the US ) don't risk diplomatic relations and possible reprisal (Cold War era) to send spy planes and agents to check out some dilapidated old boat. Think about it- it's the CARGO that is important to them. And I don't mean the lions and tigers and bears or even their "happy juice". I think (and I know I'm not all there so take it as you will ) this seed of every living thing is what they're looking for. And furthermore I think they wnat it bad enough they might have invaded Iraq for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
great article, whether its the ark or not theres obviously something there. Wood that people have spotted could be remains of anything, just cause a few people saw a few pieces of wood doesn't mean its automatically the ark. But obviously there is something of great importnace up there otherwise there wouldn't be all this restricted access and secrecy. I find it unbelievable that in this modern age something as importnat as this which needs further research can remain off limits to the world.

new topics

top topics

join