It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gains ballot access in all 50 states

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What a dilemma I find myself in if Ron Paul doesn't turn out to be the nominee. I've been on this earth since Ike was president and can't remember ever feeling so strong or right about who needs to be our next president. There's still a slim chance and I'll stand by him all the way to Tampa in hopes a brokered convention can make a difference.
Keep hoping for some miracle that will present itself and fellow Americans will see the wisdom of this man,but the culture, media, born again Christians, warmongers and anti-americans have made this unlikely.
I've never been so opposed to a president as much as I've been to Obama. He's stripping the liberties of what was once a free people to shreds. False flags are created by the fbi and cia to keep Americans in the fear of terrorism.
I'm even scared that a monetary crisis or war right before the elections could give Obama some way to declare martial law and let him maintain power, I hope I'm wrong!
Romney won't cure our woes as the monetary crisis will surely be upon us within the next 2 years. Obama would sell us all out to international bankers, if not something worse.
So I'm leaning to voting for what I believe in. I just may write in Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
I fear that ron paul will meet the same fate, or similar, to jfk or lincoln. I hope that if that happens, with all that has led up to this point, that the whole of america (and the world) will scream a loud WTF and storm government buldings claiming conspiracy to that great nation of the west.

I hope, that if (when) ron paul is your president, that the people stand up to support his ideals and lift your country back up to the glory it deserves. We all give america flack, but it's just coz you're a super power (you at least hold a great influence on the world stage) you're kinda like the nerd who gets mud kicked up at him. For the world, I keep my fingers crossed that R.P. is elected and holds his full term.
if he proves himself not worthy, then, like any country should, (and like some do) we should kick em out.

What i'd like to know is, IF RP decided to run 3rd party, would he still have the ballot access in all 50 states?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

What i'd like to know is, IF RP decided to run 3rd party, would he still have the ballot access in all 50 states?

I would say no. Can't reap the benefits of getting on the ballot as a Republican only to use it to run as a third party candidate.

I would love for Ron Paul to run as an Independent. He would take away votes from Obama.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

He would need people to collect signatures and such in each state for him to gain ballot access in the given state. The Republican spot on the ballot is secured for the Republican Nominee, so anyone who doesn't get the nomination, or drops out and runs third-party, needs to secure their own spot on the ballots of the states.

Right now the only party other than the Dems and GOP that has universal ballot access is the Libertarian party, so unless Paul can jump in late for the Libertarian nomination and win it, which if they let him get in late he'd probably do pretty easily, he'd have to earn his own spot on the state ballots.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

I would say no. Can't reap the benefits of getting on the ballot as a Republican only to use it to run as a third party candidate.

I would love for Ron Paul to run as an Independent. He would take away votes from Obama.

He would take votes from obama.. but it is delagates he needs.. which I believe he would get as well... as for romney if paul runs third party he will still have those die hard fans that have become delagates and when it comes down to brass tax they will vote for paul not romney...

Romney cannot and will not ever win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join