It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of Chi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin

Originally posted by ChiForce
reply to post by fedeykin

Is this "vibration" a new age concept? I don't recall reading anything in Chi meditation or Tai Chi practice mentioning about "vibration." However, Yi consciousness is essential to move your chi where you want it to go, internally and externally.

It was a concept put forth by another poster, Starchild. I guess it is new age, but you would have to ask her.

I was discussing it trying to understand the concept and relating it to what I know.

edit on 30-3-2012 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

What makes you think I'm a her? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

In any case, no "New Age" concept is really new age. It's what I call "Rediscovery"...because they have been around for thousands of years; we're just rediscovering them.

Everything involving energy is vibrational. That's a fact.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So. I've been waiting for this topic since DBZ kid. Was thinking about making it myself but I couldn't be bothered by it.

A believe wholeheartedly in bodily energy, whatever it may be. I am not one to place labels upon it or say that Chi, Tao, Qi, Yoga, or any other practice is the right way to go about it. Personally, I believe that if you become dependent on one set of "rules" or guidelines to a subject such as this, you limit yourself to the doctrine and the history that has been set forth by history. I am not one to believe in limitations set by history. We set our own limits.

With that said, I know, without a shadow of a doubt that chi exertion outside of the body is possible. Why? Because I have done it. Only problem is that when I did do it, it left me very, very weak as if I had not slept for an entire day. It takes an incredible toll on muscles and energy in general and meditation or sleep is needed to replenish afterwards.

The problem with that was, the amount of energy I exerted, in comparison to something that would be useful, was miniscule. I could blow out a candle with it, I could roll pencils, send a paper flying across a desk, and I think the most amazing thing I did was knock over an empty soda bottle. Exhilarating stuff. When you think of it in terms of "power levels" for a second, that would put me probably around a 10 or so on the DBZ scale. I guess I was getting up there.

I was a fan of the show no doubt, but I was obsessed with that and soon I discovered new techniques to help me. In order to replenish energy, meditation took too long. I instead took to "stealing" energy from my surrounding through a technique I learned known as "grounding". After working on that technique for many years, I can, within a margin of error, map out and sense pretty much any living thing around me within a 15-20 foot radius while in meditation. I can sense its energy, I can draw out its energy into the ground, and I can replenish my own with that energy.

The problem came with the plateau. There seemed to be no feasible way, at least for me to increase the maximum energy threshold. No matter what I did, my body just could not take any more. Now, I was not in peak physical shape, so that certainly could have had something to do with it, but it felt as though even if I would have been, there was some kind of barrier, a limitation as to just how much energy my body could hold.

And let me be clear, when projecting energy - there is nothing to see. That is, unless you are very, and I mean VERY good at viewing auras on a dime. If so the only visible indication of energy release is the extension of one's aura away from their body. And the range was not spectacular either. The most was about 2-3 feet, which was still miraculous at the time. The farther the attempted projection, the harder it was to attempt and succeed at.

Nobody is going to tell me that it is not possible. I know it is. I'm not hear for debunking or opinions of reality vs. fiction, but if anyone knows anything about power thresholds and they would like to share their secrets, maybe I can share a few more of mine.

S & F OP for an interesting topic.

edit on 31-3-2012 by gwydionblack because: spelling

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Only problem is that when I did do it, it left me very, very weak as if I had not slept for an entire day.

Lack of training as a result of societal programming has weakened our ability to generate energy.

No matter what I did, my body just could not take any more. Now, I was not in peak physical shape, so that certainly could have had something to do with it, but it felt as though even if I would have been, there was some kind of barrier, a limitation as to just how much energy my body could hold.

You are human. It is to be expected.

Nobody is going to tell me that it is not possible. I know it is.

I agree with you on this. Everyone has the energy...it is a matter of training and focus.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

What makes you think I'm a her? Maybe I am, maybe I'm not.

In any case, no "New Age" concept is really new age. It's what I call "Rediscovery"...because they have been around for thousands of years; we're just rediscovering them.

Everything involving energy is vibrational. That's a fact.

Something about your name and avatar gave me a distinct feminine impression. I have been known to be wrong about such things though.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

The strength of your Chi is directly correspondant to your state of health (i.e. unhindered and balanced energy flow) plus training.

In many things, such as sports, it is purely your willpower that will bring you to where you want to be. If you want to climb a mountain or run a marathon, once you have the physical conditioning you still need the Willpower. Training your Willpower to be above and beyond what your body "thinks" it can do is what will increase your maximum threshhold.

An excellent excercise to do this is called Holding the Ball, or Zhan Zhuang (Pole Standing) in chinese. That plus pushing yourself above and beyond your physical limit through sports such as Wushu or running or climbing mountains will improve your threshold dramatically. Weight lifting or similar sports do not help with this, it is usually the sports with high stamina requirements that will improve your capacity.

edit on 31-3-2012 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I first experienced a qigong master in 1995 -- Effie P. Chow. I was so skeptical beforehand that I asked for my admittance fee to be lowered and she cut it in half -- I think I paid $10. Then during her demonstration she had us make "chi balls" -- holding our hands slightly apart with the palms facing -- she had filled the room with chi. Sure enough I felt very strong electromagnetic energy pushing my hands apart. Then at the end everyone was leaving -- in a University classroom. A security guard wandered in wondering what was going on since the fuse got blown in the room behind the qigong master.

I assure you that qigong energy definitely is electromagnetic as chi and then as shen energy it is laser holographic - so more coherent and higher frequency. Then there is jing energy which is electrochemical emotional energy like a buzzing tingling heat bliss sensation.

O.K. so then in 1999 in my graduate class at the University qigong master Chunyi Lin gave a presentation. At this point I had read Harvard medical doctor David Eisenberg's book Encounters with Qi -- and Chunyi Lin was exactly like the qigong master in that book who did telekinesis. So I knew Chunyi Lin was real -- my friend had even meditated with him and recommended him.

So when I took his class he walked around and used the Shaolin sword fingers to transmit energy into us. We did a simple standing exercise called "Moving of Yin and Yang"

So anyway John Chang is not fake as someone claimed in this thread -- John Chang is the real deal as he's had several Western students who verify his abilities besides the scientists in the vid.

To finish my masters degree at the U of MN I did the intensive qigong training for about six months. First I was on a special diet -- vegan and then even no salt.

I fasted for 8 days on just half a glass of water but I was never hungry and the electromagnetic fields got stronger and stronger.

So then I went to the Level 3 healing retreat where Chunyi Lin works to open your third eye which is in the middle of the brain -- the pineal gland. I asked Chunyi Lin what I should do and he said: "Let me read your aura" and he then told me to keep my mouth shut and he left the room. Then the middle of my brain was on fire as he was doing long distance healing to open my third eye.

To train to be a qigong master Chunyi Lin told Jim Nance to sit in full lotus nonstop for 2 hours straight every day with not missing any time. Chunyi Lin did the standing horse stance at Shaolin with the thighs flat for 2 hours nonstop every day for three months.

Three months is called a "gong" -- 100 days -- of sublimating the life force energy while emptying the mind - meditating the whole time.

So the secret is that ultrasound from collagen creates electromagnetic fields as sonofusion and sonoluminescence. That is the Western explanation.

Chunyi Lin when he trained with Master Zhang -- qigongmaster.com... then Chunyi Lin did a month in full lotus nonstop with only three small apples and three small bottles of water -- in a cave -- no sleep and no food, no water otherwise.

So afterwards he had to get 200 volts of electric transformer energy through his body and be able to change the electricity level.

Also he had to change the alcohol level in wine -- to water.

Also he levitated up nine feet while in full lotus.

O.K. so you think it's too wild? Then qigong master Chunyi Lin was proven to be the real deal by the Mayo Clinic top medical research center doing Western science research -- Here's the very impressive external qi results now proven by Western science

O.K. so when my electromagnetic energy was very strong then I did see dead spirits that go to Chunyi Lin to get healing -- they floated into the conference room from outside. Chunyi Lin said yes he also heals the dead spirits that come to him when he is emitting chi. So the dead spirits look like human shape but are holographic light energy -- they were yellow to me.

If you want to know the secrets of how to be a qigong master then study this book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality -- free download online.

The reason there are few qigong masters is it requires celibacy and total mind concentration -- and so it's best done in solitude and also around a qigong master transmitting energy into you.

This training comes from the original Bushmen trance dance culture -- which has the same training as qigong energy. You can see the holographic heart healing from this video

A great example “form of the formless” in action from the Khoisan trance healing culture is when the cable t.v. travel host Andrew Zimmern visited a traditional Bushmen village of the Juntwazee (Zimmern's spelling) to join in their hunting/gathering cuisine. Zimmern got an experience, a rare moment shown on cable t.v., much more than he expected: Toward what I believed to be the end of the evening, Xaxe, a great hunter, healer, and shaman, laid hands on me....I felt the energy, his energy, surge through my body. He had his hands on me for about twenty-five or thirty seconds, but it felt like he had only touched me for a split second. Time stood still. I literally had a short out of body experience. I could see him touching me from just above my body, almost like I was floating six feet off the ground, watching myself. All of a sudden I was back in my body observing an image of him thumbing through the book that contained all the pictures and moments in my life. I saw images of my childhood I hadn't remembered in years, pictures of my mother and me walking on a beach and shelling, very strong images. At the time, both during his touch and immediately afterward, I described it as him flipping through the pages of my life....Later the next morning, I spoke with Xaxe about the trance dance. He told me he wanted access to me in a way that was not possible through a translator....Xaxe's curiosity was such a caring, loving gesture....When he detached from me it felt like someone was unplugging a lamp from a wall socket. As he let go of me and continued to dance around the fire, I spontaneously burst into uncontrollable tears....I had been stripped to my emotional core, completely stunned by what I had witnessed so up close and personal.151 151 Andrew Zimmern, The Bizarre Truth: how I walked out the door mouth first – and came back shaking my head (Random House, 2009), 234-5.

edit on 31-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
O.K. so when Chunyi Lin did the sword fingers when walking past me - then I saw bright light even though my eyes were closed -- and I felt this amazing love bliss energy that was more euphoric than anything I had experienced.

So that was the Level 1 class.

So the level 2 class he said he could read what percentage an organ in the body was working. So during the break I asked him what percentage my right kidney was working. He was standing in front of me and looked at my right kidney and suddenly I felt it get super hot with bliss energy. He said about 70%.

O.K. so after my level 3 training I did heal my mom so she no longer needed surgical stockings and to keep her legs elevated all the time -- and when I did the healing again it was strong magnetic fields from my hands.

Here's a new podcast interview with Chunyi Lin qigong master reading energy blockages live on air and doing healings over the phone

So for the qigong master reality is holographic - that's what Chunyi Lin said -- so he can distantly focus on someone just having their name, sex, location and age.

O.K. so then this old lady asked me to heal her and the healing is without any touching but I forgot to not pull the energy blockages out from the top center of the head. So I accidentally pulled her spirit right out of her body and she immediately started bawling and kept bawling for at least 15 minutes nonstop.

So when the electromagnetic energy is strong you have to be careful -- when I pulled her spirit out of her it felt like a heavy electromagnetic blob.

This is a good beginner book on training to create the qi energy -- free online

So at first in the training the jing energ is built up so the kidneys get hot and then the thymus and then the energy turns from hot bliss into electromagnetic energy. This has to be stored and built up and then the middle of the brain gets hot and electromagnetic and you can have electromagnetic fields shoot out of the middle of the brain -- this is how telepathy happens.

For astral travel there is a spacetime vortex around the body -- and this is what really freaked me out so I stopped training after that -- intensively. But then Chunyi Lin touched his finger to my forehead to further open my third eye so then I had a permanent magnetic bliss in the middle of my brain after that. He said I had an enlightenment experience.

That was in 2000. So then I spent 10 years sitting in full lotus and reading one scholarly book a day to translate it back into Western science. I was no longer storing up the chi energy but instead just transmitting it through my pineal gland but I needed to purify the jing energy first to build up the chi before transmitting it through the pineal gland. So then I stopped transmitting the energy through the pineal gland.

But essentially the pineal gland will read other peoples energy through this spirit energy -- it is light energy that shoots out of the eyes and the pineal gland -- and then my own internal body will then holographically reflect the blockage in someone else. So the main blockages are emotional electrochemical blockages so that each main organ is actually for a main emotion -- since they are electrochemical energy. So a liver blockage is anger -- so if someone has a big liver blockage around me then my own liver will burn hot until I clear out their liver blockage. The pancreas is worry, the lungs are sadness, the heart is over-excitement, the kidneys are fear. So each of these organs gets transformed to build up the love energy of the heart that is then transmitted out of the pineal gland as spirit holographic energy.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
as Lam Sai Wing once said many many years ago

The breath Chi must unite with the force Li
The brain must be in unity with the heart
The heart must be in unity with the mind
The mind must guide the breath Chi

mastering Chi is mastering yourself and unleashing phenomenal physical and mental power

and the main secret to it is Toil and Persistancy
If you are not persistent in your heart, you will abandon your learning half a way and loose what you have obtained during your practice

and excellent thread and some very knowledgeable answers

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

John Chang has been exposed as a charlatan. In the video that made him famous in the west, he performs parlor tricks such as setting a newspaper on fire with his "Chi". This, for example, is a parlor trick that is commonly known in China and has been repeated many times.

The pencil through the desk is also nothing but a parlor trick and has nothing to do with Qi Gong.

There are many charlatans about who will claim to teach you how to master you Chi, and few legitimate Qi Gong masters. Be very careful what you believe, lest you fall for one of these charlatans.

Chi is also not electromagnetic energy. This has been tested scientificaly many times and has been disproven.
On the other hand, brain activity tests on Kung Fu and Qi Gong masters have been conducted and shown significant changes in brain activity during meditation. I will search for the link.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Very interesting account. You know, I wish these masters would have a better PR relation or image. Somehow, I am feeling that I would be taken advantage of if I find myself getting too involved with their practice.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Your logic is faulty. Just because someone can fake something doesn't disprove something else as fake.

One of Chunyi Lin's qigong master teachers from Shaolin also lights things on fire and is the real deal like John Chang:

Then, he said he wanted to make another demonstration. He grasped a piece of paper from the table, newspaper. He put it in his hand and just stared at it. Within one or two minutes, smoke came out and then, Voom! Fire. I just said, "Wow." After my first master's meditations, my back pain completely went away but I still had two bone spurs on my spine. So, I asked Master Yau if he could do some thing for my back. He said, "Oh, yes." He used two fingers to touch my back. Within one or two minutes, his fingers felt like two burning hot iron stakes. Very, very hot. Oh, you just don't know the sensation. It was like fire burning there. Later, when I got home I found two fingerprints on my back where he touched me. To tell the truth, I also wanted to test Master Yau to see whether the burning paper was real or not. Many people called themselves Qigong masters but they were fakes. They would make demonstrations like that but put some sort of chemical on the paper and hold it in the sun and it would burst into flames. Like a magician's trick. So, I still did not trust him completely. But, after he touched me with his two fingers, and the bone spurs completely disappeared, I totally believed in him and told him I wanted to have him teach me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Just finished watching a few videos by Chunyi Lin.

"Anyone can learn it in 10 minutes" -- This sets my charlatan radar off.

Qi Gong is not something you can master in 10 minutes, or in 10 hours or in 10 months.

Also, visualization and mudras is not all it takes to heal someone as Chunyi Lin claims in his "Sword fingers" videos on youtube.

youtube

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Shaolin masters go by buddhist names, all starting with Shi and usually do not refer to themselves as "master".

Also, there are no more Qi Gong masters at the Shaolin Temple, because the Shaolin Temple is now a tourist attraction, and no longer an actual temple. The Kung Fu and Qi Gong masters all teach at schools outside of the temple now and most no longer have "official" affiliation with the temple.

I do not wish to speak badly about your teacher, but there are many signs that Chunyi Lin is a charlatan.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Is this the master Yao you refer to?

link

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Nope -- that dude lived in the U.S. since 8 years old.

So he wasn't a Shaolin qigong master.

I think it might be this Shaolin monk Yao aka Yau -- he's got a "iron body" demonstration somewhere online -- but I'm not sure if it's the same one:

Yeah here it is -- iron body demonstration, Shaolin Monk Yao

If you follow German -- this Shaolin qigong master Yan Xin wears glasses because the laser energy from his eyes is too strong!! He was the first master who first healed Chunyi Lin

I give more details on Yan Xin in this other abovetopsecret qigong thread

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

Nope -- that dude lived in the U.S. since 8 years old.

So he wasn't a Shaolin qigong master.

I think it might be this Shaolin monk Yao aka Yau -- he's got a "iron body" demonstration somewhere online -- but I'm not sure if it's the same one:

Yeah here it is -- iron body demonstration, Shaolin Monk Yao

If you follow German -- this Shaolin qigong master Yan Xin wears glasses because the laser energy from his eyes is too strong!! He was the first master who first healed Chunyi Lin

The first guy is of legitimate shaolin lineage.

The third video however I have great doubts. I do speak german, and the lady is talking about Yuri Geller being affiliated with this guy, and Yuri Geller is a known charlatan.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin

Qi Gong is not something you can master in 10 minutes, or in 10 hours or in 10 months.

i most defenitly agree with this sentiment
as with many many things in life one cannot master it in a case of hours,months,years
you can improve vastly but i dont think one can ever truly Master as its an evolving continual process of never ending learning
much like life itself

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

O.K. if you don't want to check out the links in the other thread I gave for Yan Xin then stick your head in the sand and continue to profess your doubts. ahah.

Willfull ignorance is easy to sit and demand everyone have your doubts met. haha.

Yan Xin is a "national treasure" of China because he is the most famous qigong master healer of China.

Too lazy to click on the other thread? Here you go -- link one -- Western science proves Yan Xin is real

I have doubts you'll click on the link to this 2nd Western science study proving Yan Xin is a real qigong master

I have doubts that you'll think there are no more Western studies of Yan Xin's qigong energy but there are -- here's a third one but again I doubt you think there are more. haha.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If these technical reports on scientific experiments are too dry and dull for you, perhaps some stories about Yan Xin and these Qinghua University scientists will be more interesting and show other sides of these things. Professor Li Shengping, one of the scientists taking part in these experiments for changing the molecular structure of liquids, told this story. He said this was the first time Yan Xin took part in scientific research, and he was in a very good mood. As soon as he came into the room, he quietly started radiating his energy. At the start of the experiment, the experimenters wanted to turn off the light, but an inexplicable thing happened. No matter how many times everybody tried to turn off the electric switches, the light kept shining. They could not perform the experiment until they turned off the light, so they kept trying, with no success. just as they were about to give up, Yan Xin said, "This should be no problem." He touched the power switch, and suddenly all the lights went out! As Professor Li Shengping said, "This little performance of Yan Xin's reminded us all of the fact that he could heal a person with a compound fracture of the shoulder blade in twenty minutes." After this, a lively atmosphere prevailed in the laboratory. Everyone could feel that the day's experiment might bring more results than expected. As it turned out, their first experiment was a success. The Chinese researchers did not rest on their laurels after they succeeded in using EHF (or chi) to change the molecular structure of water. They proceeded further, and for their next experimental subject they took a cell of an organism. The result was that Yan Xin's psychic ability changed the molecular arrangement of the cell membrane. If we carry this further, would it not be possible to experiment on those most mysterious cells, the DNA cells that carry the genetic code? The molecular structure of DNA is extremely complex, and the growth and decay, birth and death of proteins are all controlled by DNA. For this reason, our life, health, or sicknesses are all connected with DNA. This is true in particular for hereditary diseases. DNA and RNA tests make use of ultraviolet spectrometers, because DNA and RNA have distinctive ultraviolet absorption bands in their spectra, called the characteristic bands. These are crucial for identifying DNA and RNA from the band structure of the spectra, in the same way that the fingerprints of people are unique and can be used for identification. The researchers took DNA from a calf thymus and RNA from yeast as the objects of their experiment. They used a high-resolution ultraviolet spectrometer for measurement, and they had Yan Xin send his energy to them for fifteen minutes. They observed that the ultraviolet absorption spectrum of the DNA solution had indeed changed, meaning the DNA molecular structure had changed as well. However, when the news of this result spread to a physics authority in Qinghua University (who requested anonymity), he did not believe it. He wished to design his own experiment, and only if that succeeded would he accept the result. Six years earlier, he had brought with him from America something called artificial liquid crystal (MBBA), an extremely stable material. It had never registered any changes. He wanted to test this MBBA. The experimental samples were in the university lab, and they drove seven kilometers to the outskirts of town for the experiment. Then, after sending his energy for only five minutes, Yan Xin said he was done. The authority shook his head in disagreement, saying it was impossible. But when they went back and tested it on their old reliable instrument, the result was there, and it couldn't be denied! At this point, the authority, wittingly or unwittingly, asked Yan Xin, "The MBBA we tested out there changed, but the MBBA refrigerated in the other room won't have been affected, will it?" Yan Xin said, "It might have been." The authority was a little worried on hearing this, and he immediately went into the other room and got the other MBBA sample out of the refrigerator to test it. In twenty minutes, he found that it had been changed as well. This MBBA was an important item for the authority, one he had imported from the U.S. He was quite upset, but some others around him were teasing him about the "great loss." Yan Xin didn't say anything, he just stood there smiling. Eight days later, the MBBA returned to its original state. Some said that such a series of conversions is something modern science is unable to achieve! The Chinese scientists became bolder and bolder in their experiments with EHF. Now they dared to take on an investigation in chemistry.

From Paul Dong's book on Yan Xin

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Could EHF change hydrogen and carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide? According to the principles of chemistry, this reaction requires an air pressure of about 30 atmospheres and a temperature as high as 300 degrees Celsius, as well as the addition of a catalyst. This is a task of a high degree of difficulty. When Yan Xin heard of this, it made him furrow his brow too! At the start of the experiment, the hydrogen and carbon monoxide were put in a glass container (the pressure was only one atmosphere, and room temperature was 13 degrees Celsius). Yan Xin started emitting his energy, and the container started making a slight noise, as if about to break. Then they replaced it with one of steel, able to withstand high temperatures and a pressure of 250 atmospheres. Again Yan Xin sent out his chi, and the hydrogen and carbon monoxide in the container actually did change to carbon dioxide. (It was a little more concentrated than the carbon dioxide naturally occurring in air.) The Qinghua University researchers hardly dared to believe this incredible result. A little bit of psychic ability can take the place of tens of atmospheres and hundreds of degrees of heat! Another experiment was to bombard atomic nuclei. Who would think of it? Some say that Yan Xin bends science; here he was bending an atomic nucleus. Professors Lu Zuyin, Zhang Tianbao, Wang Donghai, and Zhu Runsheng of the Chinese Academy of Sciences' High Energy Physics Institute did a test of the effects of Yan Xin's energy on the decay rate of americium 241. Some asked why they would want to do these tests on atomic nuclei. Their reply was, "Now that we have succeeded in doing a series of experiments with EF IF on the molecular level, we want to move on to explore on a more fundamental level of matter - the nucleus." The idea of observing whether or not Yan Xin's EHF powers could influence this hard-to-change property - the decay rate of radioactive atoms - is very appealing. Every radioactive element has its own characteristic decay rate, determined by the interactions in the atomic nucleus. It is generally not affected by any physical or chemical influences from the surrounding environment. At the outset, they had two samples of americium 241, one to serve as a target of the chi gong energy, the other as a control for purposes of comparison. Each time, Yan Xin sent energy to the target for twenty minutes. These experiments were done six times over a period of half a year, starting in September 1987. Yan Xin sent his energy out a total of forty times. Every time, the experimenters registered a significant effect. Because it is known that radioactive decay is not affected by physical or chemical effects, there were no outside causes that could have resulted in changing the decay rate. But on one occasion, the decay rate changed significantly while Yan Xin was sending energy from 2,000 kilometers away. They had to conclude that the results were stronger at a far distance. The Chinese researchers became bolder and bolder, or, to put it another way, they became more and more active in testing psychic ability at a distance. After they completed their 2,000-kilometer test with americium 241, they turned to the idea of a new 10,000-kilometer test with americium 241. This idea was based on Yan Xin's trip to the U.S. Using the opportunity of Yan Xin's presence in the U.S. in 1990, Professor Lu Zuyin and Yan Xin agreed to schedule a time that year for Yan Xin to try to send his energy from the U.S. to Beijing, aimed at a sample of americium 241, to see whether he could have an effect on it from 10,000 kilometers away. In Beijing, four scientists with the High Energy Physics Institute - Lu Zuyin, Zhu Runsheng, Ren Guoxiao, and Hu Kuanghu - made the preparations for the experiment and waited for Yan Xin to make a long-distance telephone call from the opposite side of the Pacific Ocean to confirm a time for the experiment. Simple logic tells us that, if sending energy from seven kilometers works (this was the distance in Yan Xin's first long-distance experiment in mainland China), then it could also be possible from 2,000 kilometers; and if an effect exists at 2,000 kilometers then it also could exist at 10,000 kilometers. To go farther, such as sending energy from the earth to the moon, is a problem for future researchers, and there is no evidence to make any conclusions on this. As the researchers in Beijing were waiting, the telephone rang, bringing news of the schedule for the experiment. It was decided that Yan Xin would send his energy to the americium 241 on December 9, 1990, from 2:00 to 5:00 P.m. Beijing time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join