It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret of Chi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
**If this is in the wrong area, mods feel free to move it**

BEFORE ANY OF YOU COMMENT, REMEMBER THIS IS NOT ABOUT DRAGON BALL. THIS IS ABOUT CHI, NOT THE INSPIRATIONAL SOURCE. THANK YOU.

I can't recall precisely where this idea came from (it occurred to me while reading a thread here) but I think that, physiological capability regarding human tissues and control of the body's innate energies aside, this is entirely realistic. It has been proven...unfortunately, not everyone is able to do it.

I have been a fan of Dragon Ball Z for ages. I've been fascinated with the ability to use the energy within your body (ki) to produce beams of energy capable of obliterating mountains, and to carry you through the air. I've often wondered what it would be like, and if it were even possible. I know, I know...it's not real. Whatever. Fiction can inspire reality, just like Star Trek did with cell phones. Let's move on with the skepticism, shall we?

So, I wondered about chi and its possibilities. I wondered about the chakra lines and channeling energy created by our body. And I did some research. As a result, I have a theory on how Dragon Ba - oh, screw it, just plain chi blasts. Constructive chi channeling. How's that? Yeah...I have an idea on how it could become real...not that it ever will, given the current state of our country. Onward!

The Chinese believe that the human body has an innate energy called qi or chi (chee) which takes the form of breath or gas. Essentially, it is the life force of the body. It can be utilized for many different purposes...some good, and some bad.

The first question: does chi really exist? This has admittedly not been scientifically proven, to my knowledge. However, plenty (and I do mean plenty) of evidence has been brought forth supporting the existence of chi.

Examples? Of course:

So, we can clearly see that something exists. Whether it's a poltergeist with a penchant for pulling tricks on Tai Chi students, or God saying, "Good work, I'll humor you," something is happening in these videos.

Now, here's my theory. A lot of martial artists also learn to channel their chi, in order to help endure blows and lend extra strength to their attacks. These same martial artists also train their bodies, strengthening their tissues and hardening their skin.

As a result of this, it is more difficult for channeled energy to burn the skin. Similar to running electricity through a copper wire...the more rubber you put on that wire, the more coats that are added, the more resistance there will be, and the less chance of burning the wire and the environment.

And so, when you channel energy, the chi in your body...it would be more possible to be able to direct a sort of "beam" from, say, your palm. It would not be visible, but it would have a noticeable effect...like compressed, burning air.

This is why martial artists train their bodies so much. Not only does it does it train them to control their chi, but it also allows them to channel more chi. And if they did it long enough, and new how to direct it in the proper manner, they could perhaps fire a blast of chi across a distance of two or three feet ( a battery will only power so many light bulbs, so to speak) and light a candle or knock a piece of paper from a shelf.

That's my theory on Dragon Ball in real life. Applaud it, ridicule it, ignore it, do whatever. I just wanted to get the idea out there. After all, it's amazing and fantastical...every child's dream, and every tyrant's wish. The ability to heal or wound...without even touching.

What would you do with this kind of power?

Namaste
edit on CWednesdaypm131346f46America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah, that's DJ. The clip is getting old. Look up Chi or Kundalini energy. You will understand what it is. The point is not about knowing what Chi is. It is about how to activate your Chi energy. This is as hard as trying to become enlightened by meditation for several years, if you are lucky. Forget about DBZ. Is not real.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Fascinating presentation Starchild23. Its not about some being different then others its about ALL* recognizing their TRU potentials that have been locked away from them. Thank you and I enjoyed the video

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce
Yeah, that's DJ. The clip is getting old. Look up Chi or Kundalini energy. You will understand what it is. The point is not about knowing what Chi is. It is about how to activate your Chi energy. This is as hard as trying to become enlightened by meditation for several years, if you are lucky. Forget about DBZ. Is not real.

Can fiction be inspiration for reality?

Look at the cell phone.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Fascinating presentation Starchild23. Its not about some being different then others its about ALL* recognizing their TRU potentials that have been locked away from them. Thank you and I enjoyed the video

NAMASTE*******

They actually tried to measure Chi as electricity. It didn't work because Chi energy isn't electricity. I think Chi energy is simply a Consciousness energy. Energy emitted through your Consciousness Will.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
dragon ball is based off the monkey boy legend, as well as the concept of chi flow and energy. those ideas obviously stemmed from somewhere and i doubt it was just someone coming up with a nifty story. tibetan monks are supposedly great at using chi.

we are all made up of energy. it probably takes years of intense training to be able to use it in any kind of way.

i wish we lived in dragon ball universe...but no...we all live in the least magical universe on the least magical planet in all existence

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No. The concept of Chi energy has been around thousands of years in China. I am sure people didn't fictionalize Chi back then. I certainly have no taste for DBZ but I have my Kundalini energy rising when I was 18. Some 15+ years ago. Did I need inspiration? No. I think you have a long way to go if you want to know what Chi is....

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No. The concept of Chi energy has been around thousands of years in China. I am sure people didn't fictionalize Chi back then. I certainly have no taste for DBZ but I have my Kundalini energy rising when I was 18. Some 15+ years ago. Did I need inspiration? No. I think you have a long way to go if you want to know what Chi is....

Hold it right there. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I did NOT say chi is fictional. That was the other user. Do not put words in my mouth. I said the inspiration for my ponderings was a manga based on a fictional world using fictional abilities (I have yet to find a video of a real person firing beams from their hand and blowing up a mountain).

I am a believer in both chi and chakra...we simply haven't learned to unlock them yet. Who are you to tell me what I know and don't know? You don't even know me. Please have respect for my views. I am not you, and you are not me. Don't expect our processes to be identical...being who I am, I would change my processes just to make a point.

Arrogance is most highly unbecoming of you. I begin to think perhaps you aren't as good as you say you are...surely someone of your training would know better.
edit on CWednesdaypm525243f43America/Chicago28 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

NAMASTE*******

They actually tried to measure Chi as electricity. It didn't work because Chi energy isn't electricity. I think Chi energy is simply a Consciousness energy. Energy emitted through your Consciousness Will.

Indeed. A very astute observation. I salute you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
dragon ball is based off the monkey boy legend, as well as the concept of chi flow and energy. those ideas obviously stemmed from somewhere and i doubt it was just someone coming up with a nifty story. tibetan monks are supposedly great at using chi.

we are all made up of energy. it probably takes years of intense training to be able to use it in any kind of way.

i wish we lived in dragon ball universe...but no...we all live in the least magical universe on the least magical planet in all existence

This is not about dragon ball. I repeat, NOT about dragon ball.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

I also agree that it isnt electricity and feel its related to the ability to sense energy within all things including 1z self and then managing it your positive and negative or YIN YAN energies/force output/inputs. So in a way yes its being conscious or more aware of the energies around and within and learning to interact with it. With all the distractions of today sadly many will not even begin to consider the abilities do to their minds being distracted you need to find time away from all the maddness to relax and think deep sometimes to better deal with what is really going on. A very important part of this data share is that the individual DJ kept a positive vibrating frequency about himself, I liked that. He was not egotistical about his awakenings or learnings and seemed very humble allowing his force to enter and be managed by him as opposed to another individual who may be the opposite in their vibrating frequency due to negative vibrations who prevent their force/energy from reaching the level of 3dimensional effects. Its nice to see his SPIRIT and others are here as well I think when its time he will be more effective with his SKILL when in his true form.
edit on 3/28/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

i was agreeing with you...obviously you missed the line that said:

i was explaining what dragon ball is based off of and how it has relevance to this thread for those who have never seen dragon ball.

want to try again?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

His appearance seemed to have caused his spiritual or consciousness mind instability. According to the story, he went on to meditate for 2 years in some remote jungle as a result. Personally, I don't condone what he was doing to be filmed. I would be happier if he would act like another Chi master Mantak Chia to write books and to give seminar to educate people about Chi. Instead, he appeared like a showman in the film. He was exercising his Chi energy without purpose. Chi energy is two ways. If you use your Chi without purpose, you will feel no purpose yourself.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

His appearance seemed to have caused his spiritual or consciousness mind instability. According to the story, he went on to meditate for 2 years in some remote jungle as a result. Personally, I don't condone what he was doing to be filmed. I would be happier if he would act like another Chi master Mantak Chia to write books and to give seminar to educate people about Chi. Instead, he appeared like a showman in the film. He was exercising his Chi energy without purpose. Chi energy is two ways. If you use your Chi without purpose, you will feel no purpose yourself.

Ah, the master of philosophy here.

Does everyone have to do things the way you do? Allow this master to live his life as he sees fit. Who are you to frown upon it?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

i was agreeing with you...obviously you missed the line that said:

i was explaining what dragon ball is based off of and how it has relevance to this thread for those who have never seen dragon ball.

want to try again?

Sure. Dragon Ball was not the point of this thread, so all references to it (considering that it is entirely fictional) are irrelevant. I can make a Dragon Ball thread if need be.

That's all I was saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Chi is not about dragon ball Z...that is very well stated indeed.

And I always wondered what dragon ball Z meant, now I know it's the opposite of Chi.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

you.. are young right? Anyway Dragon ball may not be real but, the abilities in that show are certainly possible. But quite frankly, even though it looks badass, incredible and exciting, it is the least wonderful of what one can really do with proper training. You have no idea.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the z stands for zen kai, or ultimate ki. one of the two.

you brought dragon ball into this OP, i was explaining what possible relevance it has to this thread. thats all i was saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

the z stands for zen kai, or ultimate ki. one of the two.

you brought dragon ball into this OP, i was explaining what possible relevance it has to this thread. thats all i was saying.

If you can make a realistic connection, then by all means.

I just didn't want the fiction overrunning the reality. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

oh my god youre completely ignoring what i said.

DRAGON BALL IS BASED OFF THE CONCEPT OF CHI, ENERGY FLOW, AND SO FORTH. THIS IS ALL I WAS POINTING OUT. DRAGON BALL IS INFLUENCED BY THE IDEA OF CHI. DRAGON BALL IS INSPIRED BY THE IDEA OF CHI.

YOU USED DRAGON BALL AS AN EXAMPLE IN YOUR OP. I WAS EXPLAINING TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER SEEN DRAGON BALL THE RELEVANCE OF IT TO YOUR THREAD. SIMPLE AS THAT!

now that its all in caps lock, do you understand now?

jesus christ dude i was doing nothing but agreeing with you to begin with. how are you going to warp what i said?

dragon ball is a cartoon yes, but its based off the idea and principles of something quite possibly exists in real life.

if you brought up yu yu hakisho id say the same thing. there is so much based on the concept of chi and energy...sorry for explaining to people what the hell you meant when using dragon ball as an example

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join