It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are running out of water.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If it's yellow let it settle...
If it's brown flush it down...

We use this motto in our house for saving water when flushing the toilet

Sounds funny but on average we probably save 21 gallons (3.5 gallons per flush) a day and on the weekend we'll just say it's closer to 30 gallons. 51 gallons per week equiv-elates to approx 2652 gallons of water saved in a year.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think we should be more concerned about running out of water than running out of oil.

Water gets recycled...and the Earth is covered with the stuff.

If it ever gets too bad, we'll see desalination happen in a BIG way, so I'm not too too worried about this...but my wallet is, as this will cost us a lot.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
70% or so of Earth is said to be covered in water. So we will not run out of water with just plain consumption. The ability to process water for certain poor countries is where you will see this as an issue but everyone in general is not correct.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yup..those dark fluffy things in the sky just did something weird .. it rained ..

Too bad it wasnt water or that theory would be blown to hell. *SO*

The problem is that few know how to conserve.. plane and simple..

We can get fuel to any car and truck anywere in the US by the millions of gallons..but cant get water there ?? freaking kidding me. ?

No .. you see here is the problem.. you can live on 40 acres with a well on one of the largest aquafers *sp* ..or you can live in a Desert with NO water..40+ golf courses,playgrounds for the kiddies, peeps that take a few 30 gal baths a day, water there lawns on even/odd days, tinkle 6 oz of urine just to flush 1.5 oz of h20 ( plus a half roll of toilet paper that makes the refines work harder ),dishwashers, half filled washing machines.. etc..

You wonder why its going to Cost you to bring in more water ?? LOL .. And some say that water should be free for everyone..

Tell you what.. you can get your free water when you go and pick it up a few hundred miles away ( gonna cost you some bucks in fuel though ) ..

How much water do you need guys ?? I suggest Way more then most Use on a daily basis.

We are not going to run out of water .. you just may not to be able to afford it when you live in a community that just burns it up just as fast as some other folk that Can afford to burn it up..

Supply and demand ... just like Any other Commodity .. you pay .. I will make ..

JG.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here's an article from last year, from TIme Magazine, about how scientists in an Abu Dhabi desert created rainstorms on 52 separate occasions with the use of giant ionizers:

newsfeed.time.com...

I wonder what has happened since and if other countries could try this as well? However, like the article mentions, I wonder what the long term effects will be.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I whould rather read a report from someone that is truly concerned about this matter, not The United Nations nor some reporters from newspapers that are only bent on creating chaos and fear.

Besides that, most of the water is taken from underground sources that are replenished with every rain, and most rain comes from the oceans, which have a lot of water as you can see just by looking on a map.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
I whould rather read a report from someone that is truly concerned about this matter, not The United Nations nor some reporters from newspapers that are only bent on creating chaos and fear.

Besides that, most of the water is taken from underground sources that are replenished with every rain, and most rain comes from the oceans, which have a lot of water as you can see just by looking on a map.

Actually, underground aquifers are not replenished with every rain. Have you never heard of a well drying up? How do you think that happens?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nanowater is the next techno-fix.

The question is who will control it --

Nanowater filter

edit on 29-3-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

The device, which uses a piece of cotton treated with nanomaterial inks, kills bacteria with electrical fields but uses just 20 percent of the power required by pressure-driven filters. At least a billion people have access only to water contaminated by pathogens or pollution. "There is a huge need for an extremely robust, low-cost filter material that does not require a lot of power," says Mark Shannon, who directs a center of advanced materials for water purification at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. "Most places that need this the most do not have electricity at all, or at most a couple of hours a day," says Shannon, who is not involved with the research.

Working to improve filtration rate from the current 98% to a higher level

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

So the united nations are not bothered? Of course they are you may not like them but they do try. Look at the amount of environmental reports on the subject they all say we will not have enough clean water because of many factors like pollution,over population,farming etc
Iam going around in circles here keep your head in the sand if you want...and cheers OP for trying to open people eyes on the subject matter.
Iam out good day.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
People...water is recycled. I learned this in elementary school.

www.enchantedlearning.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
According to some figures, the consensus is that 70.8% of the Earth's surface is covered by water

I live near the ocean, and although I have no need for such a device, my neighbor purchased a mechanical, hand pumped, reverse osmosis system for use in the event of emergency.

If you're worried about running out of water, I'd suggest such a device.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Anyone who has no
Means to make water drinkable
In their home at all times is,at best,3days away from dying unless you plan on shoving polluted water up your butt with a siphon hose which will keep you alive but is highly unpleasant especially for family members who will curse you for not spending 200 bucks for a decent filter

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
Here's an article from last year, from TIme Magazine, about how scientists in an Abu Dhabi desert created rainstorms on 52 separate occasions with the use of giant ionizers:

newsfeed.time.com...

I wonder what has happened since and if other countries could try this as well? However, like the article mentions, I wonder what the long term effects will be.

Well I guess its no longer secret that the world governments can control the weather.

Hurricane Katrina anybody?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

A Berkley or a Katydyn will go for about 200.One of the backpacker units less than a 100.Anything is better than nothing even,I guess,shoving a rubber tube up your keister to stay hydrated

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
If it's yellow let it settle...
If it's brown flush it down...

We use this motto in our house for saving water when flushing the toilet

Sounds funny but on average we probably save 21 gallons (3.5 gallons per flush) a day and on the weekend we'll just say it's closer to 30 gallons. 51 gallons per week equiv-elates to approx 2652 gallons of water saved in a year.

I've never understood why every public restroom has urinals, yet have you ever seen one in a home?

Now, most are water free urinals.

Me, I just pee in the sink. I'm old and I dont care, and thats why we have a "his" and "hers" sink.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Whatever fries your bacon.My water bill for a family of four is 26 Bucks a month....until that changes I'll stay out of the sink.JMO

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Whatever fries your bacon.

Never heard that one.

I agree.

One christmas vacation while visiting my mom I saw her boyfriend pee in the kitchen sink.

He was an old man, like 70 something, and he had a serious drinking problem but I don't care it still grossed me out! It was around two in the morning and I was going to get a glass of water before bed. I thought I was the only one up but nope there at the kitchen sink was this drunk old man peeing!

The next morning I told on him.

Yup. I told my mom what he did. Of course he denied it but later my mom got him to admit the truth.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
who knows in 40 years time it may be £1.39 a litre of water from water garages!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I dont think people should worry about this, water will always be on this planet, it doesnt leave or disapear into the abyss without ever returning, its in a constant cycle, doesnt matter that only in the cities the water is polluted, cause if you didnt know, EARTH would clean and purify that water on its own. Yes we pollute the waters, only in the city's, and the whole "population is going up, so we need to spend more money" is BS. They are writing these articles for people like you, so that you wake up every morning being afraid of water shortages and have absolutely no problem paying higher taxes, higher bills, for "CLEAN" water.

I dont know what you people are smoking everyday, but if you live in the desert and thinking to your self, OMG where is all the water? THEN LEAVE THE DESERT!!!! Same goes for people that live in hot spots for natural disasters, make a stronger home, design a system to co exsist in those conditions, easy enough is it not? ofcourse it isnt, because when you spend your money on improving quality, you wont have enough to buy the new I-Phone 3!

Why are all of you waiting for the tyrants to fix something, these supposed water shortages, ending the war and hunger, they started it, so that you will be confined and have no way out, but to use their services, thus giving them more power to EFF POOP up., so that you will continue to look up to them to improve the system that cuases the problems they are "trying" to fix.

But why am i even replying, convenience and comfort will always win over quality and life it self. people dont need 100% clean water, its conveniet to have it, so you will pay for it. Sad as it is, but whats the point of talking about this stuff, you all have clean running water in your homes, more then one pair of shoes im guessing, per person, a roof over your heads, and your all worried about something that doesnt exsist, look out your windows people, Are there men with swords and pitch forks raiding homes, mushroom clouds forming over your conveniet exsistence? NO!!! where do you people get the idea that its so terrible out there?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Earth simply cannot run out of water.

What, is the water dissappering out of our atmosphere.?

Think not!! Water demographics can change, but water cannot simply disappear.

The earth will always have the same ammount of water it has had for billions of years, either in vapor, liquid or solid form.

Unlesss, those pesky aliens from Battle LA are stealing it again...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join