It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a huge Earth changing event happens in 2012, will the skeptics admit it was predicted?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

In order to be accepted, the prediction must be:

* precise as to the event
* give the exact date
* have details that couldn't be extrapolated from a guess (in other words, "six volcanos, one in Iceland, two in Costa Rica, one in Alaska's Aleutian islands, two in Italy all have a massive eruption at the same hour on 12/22/12 and the Italian volcano is accompanied by a 4.5 earthquake near Pompeii while the Cossta Rican ones both are preceeded by 4.2 magnitude earthquakes two days before and a major swarm of small quakes from 12/18/12 to 12/28/12."
-or- "On 12/21/12 at 7 am, there is a 6.8 earthquake in Japan followed by a tsunami that hits China. 25 hours later, an earthquake hits Christchurch in Australia and is a magnitude 7.1"

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If their opinion came from genuine skepticism I am sure they will acknowledge it. If their opinion came from their ego then no they will not acknowledge it. Serial debunkers on every subject (we have a few here in ATS) are just as delusional as the head in the clouds believer of everything not official.

Nothing wrong with skepticism, which is healthy and needed, it’s just those members that frequent every thread on different subjects and refuse to believe anything outside of orthodoxy that I speak of. It’s an automatic reaction that I am not sure that they are even aware of and forms biases in their minds which forms premature conclusions.

edit on 28-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

do you realise how stupid you sound "those of us that have prepared" hahahahahah
So what have you prepared for?
Have you built a bunker and supplied it with air and food to live through a nuke or have you built a space ship to fight off the scary aliens or have you gone and booked a seat in heaven just in case everyone gets wiped out by a flood earthquake whatever...

brilliant answer mate and I love the fact that if the world did end youd spend your last minutes saying I told you so.

you are very special and im sure someone loves you

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

So, it's almost certainly a waste of time to debate with skeptics. Skeptics only believe what they want to believe. They are irrational.

Prediction : The Earth will not end on 2012
Skeptics Reply : Wrong I have evidence that says otherwise and you are ignoring it.

Prediction : The earth will end in 2012
Skeptics Reply : Wrong I have evidence that says otherwise and you are ignoring it.

HMMMMMMMMM Whose the freaking skeptic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a prediction:

On the 31st Dec 2012 at 23:59:59 we will be inundated with a fresh wave of predictions, probably along the lines of 21st dec 2012 forgot to adjust for Gregorian-Julian date change, the real Mayan date is in the middle of January 2013 !!. EVERYONE who "predicted" Elenin catastrophe, Nibiru Catastrophe, Mayan 2012 catastrophe will NOT say they are wrong.

Meanwhile I should get a prize for part 2 being the first end of 2012 prediction to come true

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think huge Earth changing events are happening every second, but people are too skeptical to filter, internalize, and process the information at the conscious level.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragiusnotiel
I think regardless the government will maintain that it was all a coincidence, and once that happens there are bound to be plenty of skeptical sheep that follow suit.

Quoted for truth! There have been other predictions in the past that have come to light and skeptics generally pass them off as hoaxes or coincidences. Anytime you challenge the beliefs of a skeptic they will show their true colors.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think some people feel a big change coming while others do not.

The fact is...no one knows what will happen tomorrow much less the end of the year.

I look at 2012 a time of evaluation. A renewing.... and I not only welcome it but I look forward to "it".

It seems as though the "change" has been happening for quite a long time.

Edgar Cayce spoke of his predictions and so did Viola Neal. Most have heard of Edgar Cayce but a lot of people have never heard of Viola.

She wrote a book called "Through the Curtain". I am currently looking to purchase the book as it isn't in print anymore.

Here is an excerpt from it though.... and I am wondering in our present time if she like the metaphysical community is on to something in regards to our Sun.

Quotes from the book Through the Curtain (1983) by Viola Petitt Neal, Ph.D. 2 Courtesy: Susan Joy Rennison, 4 th March 2011 www.susanrennison.com & www.joyfirepublishing.com Numerous breakthroughs of molten substances are taking place in the floor of the Pacific Ocean and to some extent in the Atlantic. This is heating the water in local areas and disturbing deep sea life. The whole coastline of the Pacific will change. These major changes started with the vast earthquake in Chile in 1960. But, as you will note, there have been major earthquakes in widely separated areas -- Agadir, Yugoslavia and Persia. The change in the planet is total, not local. It hits local areas from time to time where the stresses or fault lines receive We must explain a little more clearly how these cosmic radiations affect the planet. You have a good example in a recent discovery in science which will somewhat explain the action of these radiations. The laser beam will instantly make steel molten when it strikes it. The beam can travel through space or the atmosphere without appearing hot, but when it strikes steel for example it will burn a hole in it instantly. This beam can also be directed for certain kinds of surgery to do a specific job. These cosmic radiations of energy are of many different types. Some affect only certain minerals or solid substances and not others. At this time, the solar system is moving through a new area in space where great cosmic streams are and tides affect the sun and all the planets, first of all, on the physical level. This has happened before in the time of Atlantis approximately 25,000 years ago. These changes come in cycles of about 24,000 years. It is a cosmic spiral and cycle difficult for man to identify because he has not been able to span in his awareness such vast reaches of time. Much that is now considered to be authentic geology is not correct. However, it the best man can achieve by applying reasoning to what he is able to observe. These radiations will raise the frequency of the planet and affect consciousness. The actual substance, physical, astral and mental, is even at the present moment being raised. This means that the vehicles of expression for the human kingdom will of necessity be built of substance of a higher frequency. Therefore, automatically those Egos (or Souls) at a lower state of evolution will be unable to reincarnate. This will mean that for several thousand years those of a more evolved level will come into incarnation. Possibly for the rest of this planetary life wave. Today, the raising of astral substance is bringing about a great deal of upheaval in the human kingdom. The first result is more crime and more evil. We might say that the higher radiations of astral substance in the astral bodies of humanity are irritating and disturbing to those of a lower vibration of astral consciousness. Therefore it stirs up latent evil selfishness and greed in human beings. This is an initial effect but the long-range effect is to strengthen all that is good and constructive and more evolved in the astral life of humanity.
www.susanrennison.com...

The huge Sun spot that is seven times bigger than the Earth will be Earth directed next week once again. I am not suggesting a Killshot scenario but lets face it.....anything is indeed possible. I have never been naive and I don't plan to start now. If there is something I need to face....I face it head on. No fear... just being REAL!

There are massive amounts of minds wanting change. Change that will lead our species to peace. The road we are on now will not take us to our destination. Once we switch roads and go through some speed bumps we will be on our way to finally having a more peaceful life. It's coming sooner than later whether one wants it or not. TOO MANY of our powerful minds are on the same wave length and I truly feel as though this is a time of renewal.

Don't like what I have to say? That's ok with me..... its an opinion...nothing more. No one needs to feel threatened by it.
edit on 28-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kaivonmack

do you realise how stupid you sound "those of us that have prepared" hahahahahah
So what have you prepared for?

Not sure why you felt the need to insult someone smply because they have made a choise to be prepared. There are plenty of reasons to prepare for some type of disaster that has nothing to do with 2012 predictions. A good blast from the sun could put us all back into the Victorian Era. There are a few Countries that have been hit with an earthquake, and are struggling to survive just for food and water. I don't think being prepared for a disaster sounds "stupid" at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The thing is how can we admit that it was predicted when nothing was predicted in the first place. With the exception of McKenna, who was very specific about would occur and the date on which it would occur, all of these other predictions are either interpretations of the "Mayan prophecy" or influenced by the "Mayan prophecies." In other words they're saying that these predictions were made by the Maya they are simply saying what the Maya predicted. Since the Maya didn't predict anything these predictions are invalid.

The other problem is that you provide no guidelines as to what constitutes an Earth changing event. As has been mentioned previously Earth changing events happen every year. Where were the prophecies related to Fukushima, or 9/11, or the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand? Would these qualify as huge Earth changing events? To many they would be, yet apparently they're not huge enough considering no predictions were made regarding them. A heat wave or a possible increase in volcanic activity are not huge Earth changing events nor do they indicate such. I think the only way we can define an event as huge and Earth changing in regards to 2012 prophecies is if it affects everyone on the planet and it is a novel event. For example, a volcanic eruption would not fit this bill. However if every volcano on the planet erupted at once then that would be a huge Earth changing event. So if something like that happened I would be more than willing to admit that some higher power was working through these charlatans.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I KNOW that you are totally against anything Maya-doom related. I understand you have researched and come up with your very own ideas about the Maya and what they predicted and what they didn't predict.

There is a lot of hype surrounding the renewing they speak of. You may argue one over the other and maybe they argue among one another as to what the prophecy is all about. Honestly... for me.... I could care less about whether they predicted doom or a renewal of Earth or whether their ancestors are really coming back. Thats not what I focus on nor is 2012 a focus....it is more the time which I find myself alive in my latter years. It feels as though my want and wishes may indeed manifest. The want of a better life for my family. The need to have free energy and grow our own food again. I am soooo sick of the way we have been programmed. I despise it. Most people do and this is why a manifestation of the minds may come to fruition.

FOR ME....

Something in me clicked the day of the Japan quake. I remember reading and researching Edgar Cayce's predictions and I had recalled in an instant MY feelings regarding the Arkansas swarm and dead birds falling in the latter part of the previous year (2010). It was a gut feeling that something IS UP...something unique. It is nothing more than a personal feeling I have though. Its not really anything I can prove per say.

I am a deep thinker and very spiritual by nature. I was born this way.

After the Japan quake I did recall Edgar Cayce stating this event would be "the beginning" and the Country would "surely go into the sea". It hasn't gone into the sea just yet but they did have a pretty big quake. Had I visioned it I may have thought the place was covered with water. Some of the images on the TV that day looked as though that was happening.

So that day on I joined ATS and became aware of A LOT and from time to time I stumble upon something worth a bookmark. I have a lot of saved links in regards to the fluff, Sun, Solar System, and so on. I am actually trying to prove to myself that nothing is "changing" on a major scale that may warrant an ELE. Instead of proving to myself nothing is out of the norm.... everything I read tells me something IS UP!

The Sun is in fact moving through a more energized part of space and its excited/changing. As the Sun changes....so does the Earth. Viola Neal ( link in above post) spoke in the 60's of this part of space.

I guess my point is this.... People either feel something IS UP or they don't. The ones that do are trying to prove it and the ones who don't are also trying to prove it. There is no way of knowing though because the Universe is filled with many possibilities and anything can change the game at any given moment. Maybe 2012 is a time of renewal and a time to prepare yourself for what lies ahead whether it be on Earth or in the after life. I don't know but I still feel as though something IS UP!

I can't shake it.

Im not a one to worry or fret over anything! I am too smart and too busy to be taken by anything coming at me from the back. I like to face issues head on. Burying my head in the sand because something doesn't feel good is not me either. I want to know if there is anything coming my way. If there is....all I will do is continue to live like there is tomorrow...BUT...at least I am aware and wont be in any kind of shock if the s does hit the fan. I'm not out stocking up on can goods and water. I feel as though if it is my time at ANY TIME I will gladly accept the transformation as I am (we all are) destined to make.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As with anyone's beliefs, they are very personal. They are what makes them them. So, they would hold on very tightly to them and use anything they can to keep them alive. That's why the prediction would have to be extremely accurate.

If on December 21st, 2012, the Sun went black for three days, and the magnetic poles shifted, and Aliens came out of the center of the Earth, and everyone became enlightened, and Jesus stepped foot on the Earth, and a meteor landed in the ocean, and all electricity stopped working, then they would probably have to accept it as "Yeah, we were wrong."

However, if it was off by a little bit then they would cast the predictors aside and chock it up to coincidence. "Oh, Jesus came on the 22nd and not the 21st? See, you were all wrong."

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
However, if it was off by a little bit then they would cast the predictors aside and chock it up to coincidence. "Oh, Jesus came on the 22nd and not the 21st? See, you were all wrong."

Yeah, but that's generally not how it works. Usually somebody comes up with a prediction or prophecy that is purposely vague or heavily symbolic, and then when something happens they try to re-engineer the prophecy to fit the event.

I think if all that stuff happened and Jesus showed up on the 22nd instead of the 21st, even the skeptics would give the prophets that one. All they have to do is have it happen like that. But it never does. It's never, ever even that accurate.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I started this thread because I'm sick of people who blindly try to "debunk" everything, and not even stop to think about the possibility of some "predictions" or "prophecies" being right, when some FACTS cast a shadow of doubt over the "certainty that nothing will happen".

If you asked me a little more than 1 year ago, before the disaster in Fukushima, if I believed that 2012 will be a "out of the normal" year, with huge Earth changing events, as predicted by many, I would say: "NO WAY! 2012 will be a year like any other!"

But things happen, and things may cast a shadow of doubt over your "rock-solid certainties".

After the mega quake in Japan, the huge tsunami killing more than 20 thousand people, and the serious nuclear emergency, all of that happening in 2011, the "year before" 2012, I started to pay more attention to everything, and to be more open to other possibilities.

What about an earthquake being felt in New York City in August 2011? For more than 60 years, nobody ever felt an earthquake in the most famous city of the world. An entire generation lived in New York City, without ever experiencing a quake. Then, in 2011, the "year before" 2012, buildings start to shake in NYC? What a f*ck is that?

Those two events made be start to wonder if that "2012 crowd" was not so "crazy" after all...

I'm not 100% sure that something "very big", an "Earth-changing event", will happen in 2012. But I would say I'm 70% sure now, after carefully observing everything that happens around me, everything that happen in the planet.

I'm not a "prophet". I don't have an YouTube channel to make predictions. I'm just someone who started to observe things, and wonder if the "absurd" 2012 theory couldn't be real.

I'm a skeptic too. I don't believe everything people tell me without some good proof. But I'm not a psychotic "skeptic" with a blind faith on "science", the very primitive science that mankind is just starting to develop now. I believe there are many things in this Universe, and in this world, that we can't even dream about.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Yeah, but that's generally not how it works. Usually somebody comes up with a prediction or prophecy that is purposely vague or heavily symbolic, and then when something happens they try to re-engineer the prophecy to fit the event.

I think if all that stuff happened and Jesus showed up on the 22nd instead of the 21st, even the skeptics would give the prophets that one. All they have to do is have it happen like that. But it never does. It's never, ever even that accurate.

True, but as you say, it's never happened that way so we can't really tell how the skeptics would act haha.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

As with anyone's beliefs, they are very personal. They are what makes them them. So, they would hold on very tightly to them and use anything they can to keep them alive. That's why the prediction would have to be extremely accurate.

If on December 21st, 2012, the Sun went black for three days, and the magnetic poles shifted, and Aliens came out of the center of the Earth, and everyone became enlightened, and Jesus stepped foot on the Earth, and a meteor landed in the ocean, and all electricity stopped working, then they would probably have to accept it as "Yeah, we were wrong."

That was funny! Had me LOL!!!!!

I just don't see it all going down that way... I see a bunch of stuff happening in concert over a course of days, months and or years. I don't think there will be anything major happen on that specific day BUT....anything is possible.
edit on 28-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

What about an earthquake being felt in New York City in August 2011? For more than 60 years, nobody ever felt an earthquake in the most famous city of the world. An entire generation lived in New York City, without ever experiencing a quake. Then, in 2011, the "year before" 2012, buildings start to shake in NYC? What a f*ck is that?

That is not true. The Mineral VA quake was felt in NYC, but the 1988 Saguenay quake was also felt in NYC.

But I'm not a psychotic "skeptic" with a blind faith on "science", the very primitive science that mankind is just starting to develop now.

Maybe the term you are searching for is scoffer.

This claim that science is primitive is false. Science will always be primitive in this sense since there is always more to learn. On the other hand science is very explicit about what is known and what is not.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This thread appears to be based on a misunderstanding between skeptic and scoffer.

A skeptical question for the claimants is: is there a prediction or list of predictions that are being referenced?

If there is a big event are we going to see a Tamara Rand event?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The thing is though that people aren't simply saying that something will happen in 2012. They are saying that the Maya said something will happen on December 21, 2012. That's the claim. However, the fact that the Maya said nothing about 2012 automatically makes their claim wrong. When I make m threads regarding 2012 that's what I'm arguing against. The misappropriation of a culture in order to make a few bucks. If these people want to make predictions about 2012 that's all well and good. But the second they start invoking false claims such as those attributed to the Maya and other ancient cultures they destroy any credibility they might have.

Here's another question for you. In all honesty do you think that if you had never heard the false claims regarding the Long Count ending and the Mayan prophecies that you would think that 2012 is special?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

if 2012 is special,,, and no one hears about it,, does that make it not special?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

What if it involves a global nuclear war that has not happened in the past?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join