It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about the pyramids.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Because the great pyramid was looted in the middle kingdom. Everything was taken from them, even the limestone casing. They have found that ramps were used which is consistent with the egyptian method of moving stones. Why would they have super advanced technology and then have to use ramps?
And while the egytians did keep excellent records they were also known for destroying them, there is no record of this
en.wikipedia.org...
but that does not mean the super advanced aliens screwed it up.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

Very,very good. A little long though, but worth the watch. If you still think the pyramids were manmade after this, something's wrong with you.

The documentary deals with the reasonable possibility of extra-terrestials bulding all of them, as the geometric, mathematical and geographic " coincidences" are too many, too exact and too vast for humans to have been able to build them. It also deals with the idea of their function being something completely different, than merely tombs. They were generators of electricity.

Too much to give a short description of. You'll just have to trust me when I say it's interesting.

edit on 28-3-2012 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

edit on March 28th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: staff note removed. thank you.

ROFLMAO!!!

I'm sorry, but your post cracks me up:

" If you still think the pyramids were manmade after this, something's wrong with you. "

Then you follow it with:

"The documentary deals with the reasonable possibility of extra-terrestials bulding all of them...."

So which is it? The truth, or the "reasonable possibility"?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts
reply to post by TheLegend

Because the great pyramid was looted in the middle kingdom. Everything was taken from them, even the limestone casing. They have found that ramps were used which is consistent with the egyptian method of moving stones. Why would they have super advanced technology and then have to use ramps?
And while the egytians did keep excellent records they were also known for destroying them, there is no record of this
en.wikipedia.org...
but that does not mean the super advanced aliens screwed it up.

Show evidence of the looting during the middle kingdom (in the Great Pyramid, not others) please. This won't be possible however because there was no entrance until one was forcefully created in 820 AD. The "robbers' entrance" (which forcefully dug through 100 feet of stone) could not proceed beyond the Ascending Passageway to have possibly stolen anything since a blocking slab was still in place. The stone later had to be destroyed to allow access, but egyptologists still claim the robbers must have found a way to move the slab, steal everything in the Great Pyramid, and then put it back in place (impossible given the positioning). You're simply taking a mainstream falsehood to cover up another. Looting does not explain the absence of hieroglyphic or heratic script within the Great Pyramid. It does not explain the absence of embalming evidence that would be found if there ever was a body in the chambers, which would be discernible at a microscopic level. It does not explain why no natural entrance existed, etc.

Egyptians did not destroy their own records on any large scale, certainly not large enough to "cover up" the construction of the Great Pyramid. How ridiculous do you plan to get?

No ramps were ever found connected to the Great Pyramid. Theories are abound for this very reason and all have proven inefficient. One ramp would require 2/5 of the stones needed in the Great pyramid just to have worked and the positioning of it would not have allowed for the precision that's seen in the Great Pyramid.

That obelisk looks like Egyptians attempted to move it but couldn't. What is that suppose to prove other than Egyptians could not lift or cut stone and thus their credibility in regards to building the Great Pyramid is even more questionable?

Cheers,
Fantom
edit on 29-3-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Hmm......lol...yeah.....I should've edited that...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
None of these videos have 'the truth', they are all THEORIES, from alien builders, ancient advanced civilizations to thousands of slaves manually moving these blocks in place.
I would love to think aliens or ancient technology, but until we have the 'smoking gun' evidence, this is all we have: THEORIES

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
None of these videos have 'the truth', they are all THEORIES, from alien builders, ancient advanced civilizations to thousands of slaves manually moving these blocks in place.
I would love to think aliens or ancient technology, but until we have the 'smoking gun' evidence, this is all we have: THEORIES

It's my theory that a now extinct civilization of highly advanced ants built the Great Pyramid.... There's just as much absence of evidence for that claim as there is for Egyptians, lol. Ants sure can build amazing things!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

When ever someone says the great pyramid was a tomb I have to ask a very simple question.

Why?

Homer

The great pyramid is evidence of something. However it is no more the evidence of man then it is the evidence of ants.
edit on 29-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

This won't be possible tho because no entrance was ever discovered until one was forcefully created in modern times.

Please take a history class, Al-Ma'mun entered the pyramid in 830s in fact people still enter today through that entrance. I take it you have never been. But yes there was looting
books.google.co.uk... 531SIdTdKUuMnSPKOWsvweB_w#v=onepage&q=pyramids%20robbed%20end%20of%20old%20kingdom&f=false
books.google.co.uk... C_eucZoNlre6Lv0MOyhxeuYJpg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Looting does not explain the absence of hieroglyphic or heratic script within the Great Pyramid.

yeah, it kind of does. And the Egyptians did destroy their own texts like when Akhenaten's reign ended. Not to mention things destroyed during the Arab conquests (look up what happened to the limestone casing for the pyramids), Christians burning that which they did not like and the destruction of the library of Alexandria.

It does not explain the absence of embalming evidence that would be found if there ever was a body in the "King's Chamber", which would be discernible at a microscopic level. It does not explain why no entrance preexisted modern discovery.

Im not sure what you mean, missing body= aliens did it?

Egyptians did not destroy their own records on any large scale, certainly not large enough to "cover up" the construction of the Great Pyramid. How ridiculous do you plan to get?

It was not only the Egyptians but there are periods of missing history besides the pyramids, that does not mean aliens did it.

No ramps were ever found connected to the Great Pyramid.

The evidence for the internal ramps is actually in the pyramid.

That obelisk looks like Egyptians attempted to move it but couldn't. What is that suppose to prove other than Egyptians could not lift or cut stone and thus their credibility in regards to building the Great Pyramid is even more questionable?

That obelisk is over 1,000 tons the heavy blocks in the kings chamber weigh 80 tons. Super advanced alien technology only goes so far. And also there is no record of that obelisk,so was that aliens? There was also an unknown pharaoh from 2176BC to 2184- was that alien? Because i mean if you think that records could not be destroyed IT MUST BE AN ALIEN. Not to mention even texts that were not destroyed generally did not survive well
en.wikipedia.org...
And even in that record it shows the Egyptians erased parts.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

You're assuming there must have been a body in the Great Pyramid when no evidence for one exists. Bad form.

You also seem to have begun replying soon after I put down the initial response and was in the process of editing my post to include more material, such as the erroneous robbers' tunnel.

There is no "evidence" of an internal ramp system, that's a hypothesis proposed by a Parisian architect who made a fortune off his 3D theater showcase of the hypothesis which is in disagreement with respectable architects.

Egyptians did destroy their own texts like when Akhenaten's reign ended

Akhenaten's art and building infrastructure was defaced. Your example is irrelevant in regards to why there's no writing within the Great Pyramid. The walls in the Great Pyramid are not lined with paint which would have been used to destroy or deface the writings if any existed unless you think Egyptians wrote in invisible ink.

You have no evidence of anything, just theory proposed primarily by egyptologists (always a nice book to sale) and circumstantial stories. Mathematics and statistics tell a much different story behind the Great Pyramid.

super advanced alien technology only goes so far

And you would know how far, right? What makes you think the Egyptians didn't carve that obelisk and then realize they couldn't move it so just left it there? Does a failure even seem like something worth recording? As worthy as the Great Pyramid? Don't be delusional.

Cheers,
Fantom

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And I never made the claim that aliens built the Great Pyramid here. You assumed that. I'm just saying there's no proof that the Egyptians did it, irrespective of questionable circumstantial evidence which would not hold up in any court.

Originally posted by randyvs
Homer

The great pyramid is evidence of something. However it is no more the evidence of man then it is the evidence of ants.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No, they are all unproven and untestifiable hypothesis. In science, a theory is a body of facts, such as the Theory of Gravity.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You're assuming there must have been a body in the Great Pyramid when no evidence for one exists. Bad form.

I said no such things, you are now just making crap up

You also seem to have begun replying soon after I put down the initial response and was in the process of editing my post to include more material, such as the erroneous robbers' tunnel.

You were wrong,i posted, and then you could corrected it,yeah. It happens all the time. I posted links that show looting happened

The Lamentations of Impuwer (Papyrus 344) states:

See now, fire has leaped high, its flame will attack the land's foes!
See now, things are done that never were before, the king has been robbed by beggars.
See, one buried as hawk is... (1)
What the pyramid hid is empty. (2)
See now, the land is deprived of kingship by a few people who ignore custom.
See now, men rebel against the Serpent, Stolen is the crown of the Sun, who pacifies the Two Lands. (3)

Pyramid was looted... this happened all the time
www.reshafim.org.il...

Akhenaten's art and building infrastructure was defaced. Your example is irrelevant in regards to why there's no writing within the Great Pyramid.

I said there was no writing about the great pyramid construction and i also explained why. But there is writting in the pyramid they are still finding it as well as other possible chambers
news.discovery.com...

And you would know how far, right? What makes you think the Egyptians didn't carve that obelisk and then realize they couldn't move it so just left it there?Does that seem like something worth recording? As worthy as the Great Pyramid? Don't be delusional.

There were kings they did not even bother to record or in some cases erase, does that mean they were alien?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I said no such things, you are now just making crap up

Im not sure what you mean, missing body= aliens did it?

A body can't be "missing" if there was never one there. So yes, you're assuming a body was there.

You were wrong,i posted, and then you could corrected it

Huh? Use better English if you're trying to accuse me of something that you wouldn't know.

Pyramid was looted... this happened all the time
www.reshafim.org.il...

Not one example from that site was in regards to the Great Pyramid. That Papyrus doesn't specify the Great Pyramid either. There's a reasonable explanation for this tho--it was written in the 13th century BC and an "entrance" wasn't made until 820 AD...

news.discovery.com...

That's just illegible paint according to them. I see they're already jumping to conclusions and calling them "hieroglyphs" when they're not even legible. Now I see where you get your credulous behavior from.

There were kings they did not even bother to record or in some cases erase, does that mean they were alien?
The Great Pyramid exists presently and so its existence is verifiable, unlike a pharaoh. Tell me, how can you know a man existed yet have no record or physical evidence of his existence? Self-refuting statement. Either the pharaoh was indeed recorded enough to verify his existence (if even scantly and unnamed), or that person never existed in the first place. Either way, it doesn't fit your poorly attempted argument of "There's no records of the Great Pyramid and there's no records of pharaoh X, that means aliens were involved?".

And, again, you're assuming I'm concluding aliens were involved somehow....

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wow...this is painful to watch! I like the ant hypothesis btw

This is a good site. It just gives a few undisputed facts.
www.gizapyramid.com...

The GP wasn't built for a "tomb" and the "airshafts" would be redundant if it was since dead people do not need air...

In any event, people who say Egyptians built the GP are wrong. People who say aliens did are wrong. People who say "I don't know who built the GP" are right.

edit on 29-3-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Peace. Places such as Kemet(Egypt) dealt with mathematics, astrology, science and architecture since atleast 6,000BC and there is well documented facts showing and proving this. The pyramids of Giza are arranged in the exact same orientation as the stars in Orion's belt, and the Great pyramid is almost exactly one-billionth of the distance from the earth to the sun. The perimeter of the Great pyramid divided by two times its height equals Pi up to the fourteenth digit. In Europe, Pi was not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the sixth century A.D. The black men and women who built these structures were incredible. It took thousands of architects and engineers to design and construct the hundreds of pyramids and temples throughout the land. It took thousands of artists, sculptors and painters to decorate the tombs and temples. These were technical and skilled laborers. The fact that there are thousands all over the world suggest not only did people interact and exchange knowledge with oneanother across the globe which there is also proof of, but that architecture of these pyramids for example was something they did with ease. This alien stuff is nonsense and only those who lack knowledge and understanding of ancient cultures and civilizations would believe this.The fact that we can't phathom how it was created today doesn't mean that those in the past weren't intelligent enough to contruct such monuments.

Just look at this for example. This is a world renowed scholar by the name of Ashra Kwesi and he travels to Africa numerous times throughout the year, every year studying and has done for 30+ years. Look at the statues. Why would aliens make statues of black kings and queens. Look at the features. Also look at other videos. There is too much evidence to contradict this alien stuff.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This video even illustrates the first martial arts.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-3-2012 by TheBlackManIsGod7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Is it me, or is it f'd up that China is not only keeping world archaeological history from the rest of the planet, but trying to destroy it?

great videos. i suggest anyone who hasn't watch them make time to do so.
edit on 29-3-2012 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Huh? Use better English if you're trying to accuse me of something that you wouldn't know.

It is actually very simple, you said that no entrance was made until modern times which is not true. I posted how it was opened and then you changed your post. Im not accusing you, that is exactly what happened.

Not one example from that site was in regards to the Great Pyramid. That Papyrus doesn't specify the Great Pyramid either. There's a reasonable explanation for this tho--it was written in the 13th century BC and an "entrance" wasn't made until 820 AD

There was always the original entrance, are you just googling this as we go? If you had a BASIC understanding you would know that .

With such a large workforce required to build the pyramids it would not have been a secret to Egyptians.

That's just illegible paint according to them. I see they're already jumping to conclusions and calling them "hieroglyphs" when they're not even legible. Now I see where you get your credulous behavior from.

Yeah i get it from schools and research journals, all those stupid places...

The Great Pyramid exists presently and so its existence is verifiable, unlike a pharaoh. Tell me, how can you know a man existed yet have no record or physical evidence of his existence?

Are you saying there are no such things as pharaohs now?
Anyways if you look up the list of kings there are tons of holes where names have been erased or segments have gone missing, some of them were lost to time and some were just erased by the Egyptians.. As a matter of fact we are still finding new information on pharaohs to this day
www.egyptindependent.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Very interesting! Its amazing, i had no idea that it only took 20 years i thought it took AT LEAST a hundred. That really changes my view about this it seems like the Egyptians couldnt have done this by themselves.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

The pyramids of Giza are arranged in the exact same orientation as the stars in Orion's belt

That is just not true, another common meme. That theory only works if Egypt or Orion is upside down. They do not match up really at all, this theory has been debunked.

and the Great pyramid is almost exactly one-billionth of the distance from the earth to the sun.

Almost exactly? Isnt that another way of saying not exact ?

The perimeter of the Great pyramid divided by two times its height equals Pi up to the fourteenth digit.

And that proves what exactly? Pi is a constant ratio and it was not invented by europeans. The egyptians had their own version of Pi but it was wrong
en.wikipedia.org...

The black men and women who built these structures were incredible. It took thousands of architects and engineers to design and construct the hundreds of pyramids and temples throughout the land. It took thousands of artists, sculptors and painters to decorate the tombs and temples. These were technical and skilled laborers. The fact that there are thousands all over the world suggest not only did people interact and exchange knowledge with oneanother across the globe which there is also proof of, but that architecture of these pyramids for example was something they did with ease.

Yes one step above the intellectual latter from the ancient alein groups is Afrocentrism. Please do explain this

Why do they paint the black people as black and the egyptian people as brown? Did the great scientist yakub make egyptians in his lab before or after the white man? And at what point was it after building the pyramids not only in egypt but around the world and ruling the world was it that the black africans start enslaving each other, forget how to farm,forget how to read,forget how to write and not only stop advancing but actually go backwards?

Just look at this for example. This is a world renowed scholar by the name of Ashra Kwesi and he travels to Africa numerous times throughout the year, every year studying and has done for 30+ years. Look at the statues. Why would aliens make statues of black kings and queens.

Because Egypt did have a short reign of black pharaohs from Nubia, they were different,they were from Nubia they were not Egyptian.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

I said modern times but my post was already edited while you had the reply window still open with the first draft I threw together in a min. If you care so much (you seem anal enough for it) have a mod examine the times on the edit log vs your post log.

Are you saying there are no such things as pharaohs now?

You didn't comprehend what I said if you're asking that.

@the article, they clearly stated they don't know what the paintings are so how can they be calling them "hieroglyphs" which would imply they are known? They are working from the viewpoint that Egyptians built the Great Pyramid, so that is what they "see" (fallacy of false cause when considering the authenticity of the GP). From an unbiased viewpoint, they are simply untranslated, incoherent scribbles of paint. You failed with your objectivity here.

Yes...the "original entrance", which I know very well about.

After the Great Pyramid was initially sealed, it's original entrance was hidden and faced with smooth limestone. Because this blended in so well with the surrounding casing, the opening was invisible

Oh...the "invisible entrance" that can only be seen from the inside yet still required excavation to clear to lead to the Descending Passageway, which is only 3.5 ft tall? Yeah, the typical Egyptian man was about 3ft tall and had magic vision to see invisible doorways while also walking through blocks which hadn't been removed yet.

You believe the most utter nonsense. It's not a natural entrance when they had to blow a hole to make it from the inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join