It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/2 a BILLION dollar Lottery...What would you do with the money?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'd buy a ton or three of coke and then go to Vegas and recruit about a dozen new goddesses, then Iklhjhyadg

4rsfs fasaf

Sorry, guys. I invited Charlie Sheen over for lunch and I just caught him on my computer.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by Talltexxxan

If you think that was funny.

Wait until Friday and I'll show you my pay check.

No, that will likely make you cry as much as I do already.

How bout this.....If I win I'll buy ya some new tires for your truck.
Will that hold back the tears for alittle while longer?

P.S. I dont have the money to put tires on my truck either. (starting to show the cords)
So your not alone

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
1) doomsday bunker (just because thats f*cking awesome to own)
2) my escalade
3) a block for my family to live on (everyone gets a home)
4) a mausoleum for when I pass
5) Trade some for gold and silver
6) a nice weapon
7)Retire
8)Travel the world with my fiance as our honeymoon
9) pay the party to make ron paul the nominee
*not in any particular order

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I don't see why so many people want to spend a lot of money to protect their homes.

I just sit front porch, cleaning my guns.

For reasons, which are beyond me, I rarely get a salesman or even my neighbors to stop by.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I would do what any highly intelligent person would do. I would purchase 490,000,000 one dollar scratch off lottery tickets and invest the remaining 10 million in those coins you see on TV commercials, they're clad in .999 pure gold you know.
Of course I wouldn't spend any of the money on anti depressant drugs because the TV says they can make you have suicidal thoughts. It's kind of a double edged sword because suicide would certainly cure your depression but it makes you sad to think about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked
The first thing I would do is go to art school... then I would finally take the time to write a book and simply call it "My Struggle"... after that I'd use the money to start a speaking tour... I'd gain the trust of the youth and have them start running for political positions...

I'd employ divide and conquer techniques and eventually take over a small nation... after that I'd invade neighboring countries and provide their downtrodden with "employment opportunities" in "work retreats"...

From there who knows... the sky is the limit...

Art school - I might want to add that to my list as well.

BUT - you might want to rethink that book title there man.
mein kampf = my struggle. just sayin.
edit on 28-3-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Did you know those cords will sometimes come out and knock the paint off your fenders ?

My last set of tires got so bad; if I could stop and jump out fast enough, I could watch the air still turning round inside the wheels.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would buy 3 small towns.

One town for off the grid survivalists, with land patent and all, which of course I would live on. Everyone would participate in all things survival, and teach free classes on all subjects, maybe even including a camp for kids, where parents that live in the city, but want their kids to learn survival skills, this and all services would be absolutely free, as with survivalists as long as everyone is working together, food and shelter would be abundant at all times.

The second it would be called Conspiracy Town, and there would be different areas where conspiracy theorist of all kinds can continue their research without fear, and have monthly meetings on all subjects to discuss and share. There would be a newsletter that would be published monthly and given to only those journalists/websites, etc,. that we know would share the truth.

The third would be a place for EVERYONE that has an idea can come forward and share, and based on how many people it would help, and how helpful it would be to humanity, I would give out a check! I of course would need a "team" to help with these decisions, but it would have to be earth friendly, chemical free, and can be extended to help for many, many years to come.

As for myself, I would have a home in all the towns, and make sure that as many people as possible can be helped. As far as worrying about the government, or anyone else getting in my way, I also will have a fund to "pay off" those who try to get in my way!

Then when its off the ground there is nothing that can be done!

BTW, everyone who will reside in these towns, will have anonymity anyway they choose, including legal name changes, or trademarks of their names, and UCC1 filings to keep what they get, and any other "legal" ways to be free from the system, of course all paid for.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 28-3-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What would I do?

Anything I damn well pleased!

Seriously though, this is actually pretty easy.

The wife and I, and some close friends would go on a world tour while my dream home is being built on a small private island.

I'd buy my mother a nice home and a butler and chauffeur.

I'd buy my a-hole brother's company, fire him, then sell said company (all through a proxy of course).
(he's long used money as something to hold over others)

I'd build one HELL of a survival bunker somewhere nice and remote.

I'd start my idea for pod-like apartments for the homeless as a charity (free to cheap rent based on criteria). Basically, using the idea of those pod hotel rooms in Japan as a solution for the homeless problem, and a complete rehab and job service for these folks...with criteria that they must actually want to work their way out of being homeless (and not be on drugs/alcohol). (especially for families)

I'd have one heck of a nice yacht, and a few really nice vehicles.

I'd give each of my close friends some seed money to pursue their own dreams, as a silent investor, so when they succeed, I get a small kickback.

I'd have some VERY wild parties...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
reply to post by Maxatoria

I don't see why so many people want to spend a lot of money to protect their homes.

I just sit front porch, cleaning my guns.

For reasons, which are beyond me, I rarely get a salesman or even my neighbors to stop by.

Kinda similar here. One day I was sitting in my garage looking through a new scope I got of the 30.06 (scope was attached) and all of a sudden the field went dark.
I looked up from the scope to see a door to door sales lady just completly froze in her tracks. She looked as if I had ACTUALLY shot her. before I could apologise she quickly turned around and I never saw her again.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I would buy 3 small towns.

The second it would be called Conspiracy Town, and there would be different areas where conspiracy theorist of all kinds can continue their research without fear, and have monthly meetings on all subjects to discuss and share. There would be a newsletter that would be published monthly and given to only those journalists/websites, etc,. that we know would share the truth.

Peace, NRE.
edit on 28-3-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

Haha so it would be a physical ATS town.

Would each of the forums have diferent neighbor hoods or would you make it random just for the sake of fun? ie the atheist living next door to the bible thumper and the truther living next door to the OS'er.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
HA they are dumping all that money to a lottery ticket,

What would happen if the winner had all this money and the dollar crumbles and is worthless

I'd say millions of fire starters lol

If the dollar crumbles, millions of firestarters might end up being quite valuable.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I think that if someone is willing to live in "Conspiracy Town" they are of a certain mindset, of truth seeking and not bickering. See here people are anonymous, but in a town everyone lives together, and helps each other, the separation between subjects is what makes us indifferent, they would share life, but search truth, and see that above all differences.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

I think that if someone is willing to live in "Conspiracy Town" they are of a certain mindset, of truth seeking and not bickering. See here people are anonymous, but in a town everyone lives together, and helps each other, the separation between subjects is what makes us indifferent, they would share life, but search truth, and see that above all differences.

Peace, NRE.

Perfect!!
I'll take the nice house on top of that hill with the big telescope.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Pretty much what I already do: Post on the internets a lot and hang out with my gf and my dog.

Maybe I'd donate a few tens of millions to ATS. I'd love to see what the owners could do with that kind of reach.

edit on 3/28/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Pretty much what I already do: Post on the internets a lot and hang out with my gf and my dog.

Maybe I'd donate a few tens of millions to ATS. I'd love to see what the owners could do with that kind of reach.

edit on 3/28/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

Maybe we should u2u @SkepticOverlord and ask him to comment on the thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would use every cent to further the cause of global Communist revolution, by any and all means necessary.

edit on 3/28/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
I would use every cent to further the cause of global Communist revolution, by any and all means necessary.

At the current burn rate of THAT investment by the elites, your contribution would last about an hour.

Go for it, though.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

At the current burn rate of THAT investment by the elites, your contribution would last about an hour.

Go for it, though.

I give that post the
"Burn of the day" award!!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Reading your past comments, this doesn't surprise me at all. I respect you for your unwavering belief in your cause, even though I don't agree with said cause.

Personally, I'd set myself up for life and become one of those philanthropists. We have plenty of houses that are not being lived in and yet loads of people needing shelter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join