It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Dragged From Hospital And Dies Shortly After In Jail For Not Being Able To Walk (VIDEO)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Like I said in a previous post....Did they think she was out shopping for pain meds? With the exception of a few states, they can now see when and what a person is taking when it comes to pain meds via database. Did the hospitals see some red flags? This is a horrible story, but it seems like there's more to the story than what we know.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It gets worse....unfortunately.

Lets hope Command Sgt Major Dean is correct or God intervenes. Maybe both.

I can be pretty mean and nasty but my core would not inflict this kind of inhumanity on the worst killers and sociopaths on the planet.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Guess what guys? If you are poor in this country you are just trash to many people. This woman was mentally ill and homeless to boot. You can bet the minute she walked in there that's the first thing the staff thought "Trash" and they acted accordingly. Pray you never experience mental illness. The reason she had no family to care for her is because the state said her mother could not keep her in the house with her children. If she didn't take the children they would have gone to foster care. That's one hell of a choice to have to make.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This is what we have become now if she had Ins would this have happened???

It depends on her history. A lot of people come in to the hospital doing this trying to get drugs. Some people do it because they have a mental issue. Unfortunatley it has become common enough that it has been named "frequent flyer" syndrome.

There are nights were the ED here in town is packed with over 400 people. A recent audit by administrators showed that about 8% - 11% of people on the busiest nights are "frequent flyers." Many come in complaining of issues that are fabricated due to drug addiction, mental issues, and/or a need for attention.

Until we know the woman's complete history we won't know what happened. I lay the blame for this one on the doctors. Then again, if she was rude and abusive I can see how the doctors skipped the test. I think we really need to look at her history, the staff's history (in regards to customer service), and the doctor's history of customer service as well as medical mistakes. This is a situation that needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Unfortunately the cops will catch a big portion of the blame. They are not medical professionals and she was cleared by a doctor. That doesn't matter to the public though. They will claim the cops should have known better than the doctors. The sad truth is that they get many calls for mentally unstable people that act. Those persons often make false claims about their health attempting to avoid consequences.

It could happen just as easily to someone with insurance if they were exhibiting certain behaviors. This is a rare case though. Remember there are literally hundreds of millions cases of police contact every year. In the vast majority of them nothing negative happens. That is why something like this is deemed news worthy.

Am I the only one that thinks it is weird that this story broke six months later and while the SCOTUS is considerring "Obama Care?"

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Americans in exile:

Very sad and very real.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
at least they didnt get a chance to rape her with the medical bills. if you do go to the hospital, they will rape you til poverty, and then you will become homeless, which is illegal in america, so they will imprison you, then you will have free medical coverage for the first time in your life, but you die. end of story in an ugly culture.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Her race probably had something to do with it. You have to understand that people are at the tail end of a long psych-ops campaign to make them hate blacks again. Stuff like this will only increase as time progresses because I believe we have already crossed the point of no return.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This made me cry my eyes out, God Bless her. OMG why. I hope her family sues the living daylights out of every single person involved.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Do you think the cops did anything other than wash their hands? Probably didn't even blink when they heard she died.

I work with cops day in and day out. I would be willing to wager money that they all had a hard time sleeping. They probably still have issues from this. Despite the ATS rhettoric cops do not want to watch people die. A situation like this is demoralizing and probably has everyone from the head of hospital security to the cops involved reevaluating how they handle these cases. This is not the intended outcome.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
this happens everyday in jail its sad but true let her family sue

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Did she have insurance? You know, cause she's supposed to be covered.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I would say that would very true of the majority. That would most of them in my area. That was a good post.
But anyone with a heart knows you don't take someone from a hospital who is in pain and can't go any further and dump them on a cement floor. I think everyone should be seeing their own family in those they meet.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is exactly the Cold Hearted Medical System the Insurance Industry has created for Americans. I've had to deal with the medical profession since loosing my 1st leg as a child of 11 yrs old. I'm now almost 50, & I've watched as technology got better, but but doctors, and their diagnosing skills get worst. Not only have their diagnosing skills gone south, but so has their bed side manners. They are cold, callus, uncaring, unfeeling towards poor patients, & they no longer listen to their patients. Its unfortunate that the hospitals are killing people, as they killed this 29 yr old woman, but its not rare anymore for hospitals to treat people (especially the homeless) as dirt on the soles of their shoes. What really concerns me is that, If Barack Obamas health care law goes into effect, things will get worst.

I cant believe no law suit has been filed yet against the Hospital, & the Police Dept. Most of the blame lies with the doctor who neglected this lady. I've seen the kind of pain a blood clot can cause, & this lady had to be in intense pain. For the police to drag her, is unforgivable, & also shows how bad our supposed "Protectors" have gotten with their abuse of powers.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I hope it haunts them day in and day out but I doubt it does. They just laid her on a cement floor to die. I don't believe for one moment that this bothers those cops at all. If they had any compassion at all they would have put her on the bed and given her the benefit of the doubt about her pain. I think in this case your argument falls flat but I have no doubt there are cops out there that wouldn't do this.

Who in their right mind just drags someone into a jail cell and leaves them there? I could see that if she was combative but she put up no resistance at all. Those cops deserve jail time and they need to have their wealth stripped from them for their lack of humanity. I am still
about this one.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TruckDriver69

I support your entire thread - your well chosen words echo my sentiments and continue on from my first post. We cannot forget these type incidents that involve our fellow human beings. You are right about some Police and officials not having any sensitivity - I have been a Police officer and many do care.

I am with you - I hope all those professionals responsible for the death of Anna Brown are haunted - day and night but for those without a conscience to haunt - I hope their lives are at least somewhat complicated in whatever way possible from this moment on - that is the least Mother Nature can provide.

Am tired of reading about professional psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists creating heartbreak and chaos for people who clearly do not deserve what they are given.

Much Peace...we all need it more than ever...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Cool story, bro.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by konspiracieshapn4sure

This is exactly the Cold Hearted Medical System the Insurance Industry has created for Americans. I've had to deal with the medical profession since loosing my 1st leg as a child of 11 yrs old. I'm now almost 50, & I've watched as technology got better, but but doctors, and their diagnosing skills get worst. Not only have their diagnosing skills gone south, but so has their bed side manners.

I'm with you. ...I suffered the agonizing pain of kidney infarction, arterial dissections and godknows what else for decades before being diagnosed with fibromuscular dysplasia. They don't diagnose, but usually do offer painkillers - then they treat you like a nutbar when you tell them you won't take anything if they don't know what they're treating.

And yes, things are getting worse. Mainly I think because the underlying disorders are now pandemic [as in NCD Pandemic].

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can't see this as an isolated incident due to recent events in my life.

My husband and I are intelligent, articulate, assertive, somewhat medically knowledgable, and gainfully employed as well as Caucasian. Additionally, I'm in the VA network which is a whole 'nother (good) thing.

However, I have a .. let's call her a "friend" due to HIPAA and confidentiality issues .. who has developmental disabilities and is functionally a young child. She's also diabetic, bipolar, has seizures, and IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder). Being permanently disabled, she's on medicare/medicaid. Due to other behavioral issues, she lives waaaay out in the country, and when emergencies arise we usually have to go to the ER at the small, local, area hospital which I'll refer to as CAH.

Now, CAH is not a bad place per se. When I took my husband there with acute appendicitis (had already ruptured), he was diagnosed, cared for, given morphine, and shipped off via ambulance to a major hospital in the nearest large city for surgery in a totally appropriate and timely manner.

But .. about six weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon my 'friend' Susie fell while getting into another girl's car, and was thereafter unable to walk. She was taken to CAH, where they took an x-ray, said it looked like a hairline fracture possibly on the site of an older fracture, gave her an air splint, and sent her home on OTC ibuprofen. Sounds ok so far, right?

But .. over the weekend in spite of elevation, ice application, and ibuprofen, the ankle got worse and swelled even bigger. Finally on Monday evening she was taken back to CAH where they did an ultrasound or CT scan or something (not clear on those details) and suddenly decided it "might be a real break" and "might even need surgery" and referred Susie to an orthopedic center in the big city. They wrapped her ankle in cotton padding and gauze, advised that she should not put any weight on it in the interim, and again gave her no pain meds.

Here's where I enter the story. On Tuesday morning I accompanied Susie to the ortho clinic, where they unwrapped her foot and took about 5 x-rays. When the PA entered the room to see us, she sat down at the computer, took one 2-second look at the first x-ray, and then turned to us and said "this is bad. She'll need surgery." It was a trimalleolar fracture with displacement and spiral fracturing. The PA was horrified when I gave her the history. She said that one of the bones was jutting into another at an odd angle and was perilously close to a major blood vessel. Susie could have done serious damage to her ankle, or even damaged that blood vessel and potentially lost either her foot or her life, at any time since Saturday afternoon had she just put weight on that ankle a bit wrong.

The thing is, I know that Susie DID walk - or try to walk - on that ankle several times over the weekend. Even after six weeks in a cast she never really achieved a good understanding of the fact that her ankle was broken, and even in terrible pain she was non-compliant about not putting weight on that foot. (I don't mean that in a derogatory way to her, she just couldn't understand what the problem was, and sometimes with her every day is a new day and she seems to have forgotten some things that happened yesterday.)

Now, I ask you - how in the HECK did CAH do an x-ray and not "notice" a severe trimalleolar fracture with significant displacement and spiral fracturing? Susie could have DIED - or lost her foot - anytime after they sent her home with a plastic air splint and OTC ibuprofen.

But, you know, as others have alluded to in this thread, Susie is medicare/medicaid, disabled, sometimes combative, and generally a bit unpleasant for strangers to deal with - especially when she's in pain. She's a valueless, "throwaway" citizen with no living competent family members and no "worth" to the system.

I guarantee you they wouldn't have sent ME home with an air splint if I had a fracture like that, but, as I said before, I'm intelligent, articulate, and able to explain things like what happened and how much pain I'm in...
Susie isn't.

It seems to me to be another example of how those who have no resources and are not adequately capable of convincing health care professionals to give them the care they need, don't get it.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I just talked with my sister who is a nurse at St. Mary's. She said the woman was given tests and they found nothing. I never heard of the frequent flyer club, now I know. Yes, she was considered to be one.

My sister said it was very sad that MSM is making the hospital out to be so cruel and heartless.

That hospital has a reputation for taking patients that can't pay and do not charge them. Now people are calling the hospital and making death threats.

Hospital statement about Anna Brown.

www.ssmhealth.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why the hospital just didn't have Anna Brown removed from their property - they could have taken her to a shelter or just into town, but instead they had her charged with trespassing and placed under arrest - which meant the fateful trip to jail that cost her life.

That's two things the hospital could have done -
1. Admit her for observation.
2. If they wanted her off the property, have police or even their own security remove her to a shelter. Sending her to jail seemed unnecessarily cruel and punitive.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join