It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Is Dragged From Hospital And Dies Shortly After In Jail For Not Being Able To Walk (VIDEO)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Did you read about how her own family had stopped helping her?

Her family did not refuse to help her, the judge declared that her mother could EITHER take in Anna Brown's children, OR take in Anna Brown herself - but NOT BOTH.

Davis could take in her grandchildren or her daughter, a judge said, but not both.

"I'm mad at myself because if I hadn't listened to the courts, she would still be here," Davis said. "If she had been here at this house, she would be here today." (*)

Also she had returned to the hospital with abdominal pain and a swollen ankle and unable to walk. This was AFTER she had already left the hospital the previous day, when she went on the 3-hospital whirlwind (technically the second hospital doesn't count, it was a children's hospital and didn't admit her).

This was just a huge failing of the system.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This is the level of treatment we can all expect once government mandated insurance kicks in.
Hospitals will be overwhelmed with new patients and care will be rationed.

"You've already used up both your annual visits, come back next year when you're eligible".
Welcome to the future.

Sad, sad case. Poor woman.

Not sure what you mean, if you are ill or have been in an accident or basically in need, where else would you go today if not the hospital if it's the most appropriate place?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by blackthorne
my father was a surgeon. he would be enraged at the state of american medicine today! this should not happen in a "modern", first world country. you definitely will not see this in a european hospital!

You are totally wrong

The problem is, that medic care is "profit" driven. The word "proift" with "medic care" should be enough to enrage any human being.

European nations have followed US and China's lead, and have made everything "for profit". For this reason, health care here is as bad, or worse, than in the US. Unlike the US, European hospitals (and other large facilities) were originally built with tax payers money. Then, all this property just "magically" turned into private property. And now, because of US influence ... we have to pay rent, for what we built with our money.

That is interesting rhetoric, but that's all it is. My partner had to go into a UK hospital with a life threatening condition 3 days before Christmas. She was treated with courtesy, diligence, had every level of care and left hospital within 2 days after an emergency op, blood transfusions etc. I don't see any resemblance whatsoever to the tragic tale in this thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Send them all to prison. WTF is wrong with people! Those cops didn't do their job in the least bit; you can't just walk into hospitals and arrest people for acting weird..."We thought she was drunk"...would apply to everyone with a decent disorder or concussion. JAIL 'EM ALL?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is a real shame that coming from poverty will get you labeled as a drug seeker at hospitals. It sounds to me like the doctors and police were the ones on drugs.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Agreed. It's a real shame someone like Rush Limbaugh can go doctor-shopping for all the Oxycotin he wants, yet someone like Anna Brown is tossed into a jail cell and left to die on the floor.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Happens all the time especially with so many w/out heath care. I had a friend who was a robust ex-marine who was tough as nails, had broken his ankle but was thrown out of the local hospital because they thought he was drug seeking... he had shaggy hair, you see, and shabby clothes... he should have groomed and thrown on a shirt and tie for his visit and not asked or his intense pain to be treated; perhaps he'd be alive today. Blood clots kill many, many folks.

Insert pithy statement here.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

they thought she was a drug seeker?I hope all of the people involved gets fired and especially the doctor,he should be brought up on manslaughter charges.not to mention the police officers,although they are not qualified to tell if she was sick.
Someone in that emergency room should have taken a second look,leg=blood clots,and they should have checked or at least given her medication as a precautionary.
someone should have listened to her.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Scumbags. The whole lot of them. The doctors, the nurses, the cops. The big business medical establishment. The politicians who've set all this up.
Yeah, people don't need universal health care coverage, do they?
Medicine is a business after all, remember? Actually saving lives is a nice side benefit of the business plan.

This all went down in strict accordance with GOP health care policy- let them die if they're uninsured.
Even the Patron Saint of "libertarianism"- good old RP- a doctor for god's sake- says, "You have to take your own risk", which is code for, "if you're poor and on your own, too bad, why should we save your life?".
The woman was homeless, and African American, so she doesn't fall into the Tea Bagger/GOP demographic anyway. RP, and the Tea Baggers/GOP didn't even risk losing a vote on that one. The Missouri Tea Bagger/GOP might have even gained a few votes for showing their "tough love" approach to capitalism.

Well, compassionate civilized people DO care about the fate of other people, homeless or otherwise.

In their own words;
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Don’t worry my good friends. Now that we have Obama-jad care around the corner, we won’t have to worry about this ever occurring again. (Sarcasm):

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Looks like the republican healthcare plan at work, so what's the problem? No insurance no service, sure beats that socialized healthcare system they use in Europe.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Damn I feel like trhowing up after reading this ....people are losing their humanity.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I hope her family sues the hospital and the police farce. This is apauling. These people involved should be unemployed when the dust settles.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
RIP Anne Brown
Rest now, we know your story and we will not let you die in vain.

I tell you right now, if I had been working there that night, it would have gone differently. I'm in medicine and I have seen bad doctors, let me tell you....stuff that would turn your hair white. There is also a HUGE drug seeking problem in the ER's and sadly, people like sweet Anne, get shoved in with the rest. Just comes down to complacency and burn out. However, anyone that has seen someone suffering from blood clots knows that the pain is unbearable. Always tore my heart out, they just yell and yell....so freakin sad.
They should have treated her for clots even though there wasn't any seen, it was obvious what was wrong with her.
Shame on you doc.
I have been in this position although not life threatening, the doctors didn't believe that I was in pain.I didn't give up and low and behold found the reason for the pain.
long story short,the doctor apologized and I had to have surgery.

I my opinion some of these doctors are over worked and burnt out and I'm sure get tired of the pain pill seekers,but even as a non medical person I think they should have treated her anyway.Treated her for the blood clots and the pain,whats a few pain pills? some doctors think they are personally responsible for the drug seekers,they are not in emergency rooms to solve the drug problems they are there to treat people who are sick and in pain.

I have a feeling that this is going to become the norm with Obama care,instead of the doctors calling the shots it will be the people behind the curtain.
edit on 29-3-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All a nurse had to do was check the pulse in the woman's feet and determine something wasn't quite right...

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is a very disturbing story. I’m quite certain there are many instances like this going on all over America. The big question to ask is…”Why”?

Our health care system is in shambles. Many doctors are preparing for the inevitable down fall due to Obama Care coming into the picture. Once Obama Care takes effect, what incentives will doctors have in order to give the good care people need?

With all the abuse taking place with pain meds, I can see how some doctors become hesitant to help people in need when it comes to pain. This person had gone to two other hospitals prior to this hospital. My question is… why she didn’t go back to the same hospital to get care? It could very well be that she was trying to get a different opinion as to what was going on with her. But many hospitals see this as a red flag. Some might think she was shopping for pain meds. I have MS, and have to take large quantities of pain meds to get me thru my day. With everything I take, I could easily sell my meds for a good $6,000 a month. I’m very grateful I have a doctor who understands my pain, but there are many doctors who are very hesitant to prescribe such. Not only are people strapped for moneys these days due to the economy, but many are using the pain meds as a way to cope with all the stresses of life. Overdosing is also an issue. Death due to overdosing is at any all-time high.

I do believe the hospital is negligent in this case, but it seems like there is more to the story than what we know. Could it be that she had been there other times for pain issues? Other things not associated with her leg?

If there is one thing I’ve learned over the years, is that we never get all the facts to any one story. My friend got arrested two months ago when he went to his bank to close his account. When he ask to withdraw his $4,000 dollars he had, the bank refused to do so because they said they didn’t have the funds. He said he wasn’t going to leave until they did so. I won’t go into the full details, but the news said he got physical with one of the tellers. They local news took the story and blew it out of proportion. After the police looked at the bank video recording, they realized that none of that ever took place. Point being….Don’t trust anything you read in an article, and don’t put faith in anything the MSM has to say. My friend now has a law suit against the bank.

edit on 29-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Wow, the whole world really failed this poor woman.

It appears the least amount of blame should fall on the police, they barely had any contact with her.

The blame should start with other drug-seekers who have tainted the system and made ER personnel, doctors, and police officers so jaded that everyone appears to be a drug seeker. That is where the first part of blame lies, and where the first part of the system fails.

The next part of the blame should fall on this woman's inept family. They left her on the streets? They weren't there at the hospitals? They weren't there when she was living in filth, and losing her home, and her children?

The next part clearly falls on the medical personnel, even though they did the ultrasounds, they obviously missed a lethal problem. They didn't do their jobs very effectively, and they should be held accountable for letting a woman die.

Of course, a large amount of blame falls on the woman herself. If she wasn't combative, and cursing at the people trying to help her, maybe she would have gotten more help. If she hadn't let herself fall so far in mental and physical health, maybe she would have been taken seriously. If she hadn't burned all of her previous bridges, and been left entirely destitute, where even her own family was refusing to help her, them maybe she wouldn't be dead. These things don't happen overnight, it takes a lifetime of screwups to find one's self in this situation.

What a shame, and what a clear sign of the times. There is no humanity today in any realm. Not in childcare, not in healthcare, not in police work, and not even in one's own family. Everyone is either an asset or a liability, and people are quick to get rid of liabilities, even if it is their own family member. What a shame this world has become.

The police department whose officer handcuffed her and removed her from the hospital is equally at fault. The woman was in obvious pain and distress. Whatever happened to getting a second opinion? There are so many totally incompetent doctors out there that a 2nd opinion is always a necessity whenever the patient's obvious condition and state of health is inconsistent with the doctor's stated diagnosis.

It's a matter of poorly trained police officers. Do they think doctors are infallible deities? I thought that misconception about the abilities of doctors had been thoroughly debunked.

The cop has an obligation to perceive what is in front of him and to listen to the person he is interacting with rather than close his eyes and ears and behave like a mindless drone.

edit on 3/29/2012 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

The police department whose officer handcuffed her and removed her from the hospital is equally at fault. The woman was in obvious pain and distress. Whatever happened to getting a second opinion? There are so many totally incompetent doctors out there that a 2nd opinion is always a necessity whenever the patient's obvious condition and state of health is inconsistent with the doctor's stated diagnosis.

They already had multiple opinions, she had already been at the hospital for hours, and another hospital before that, and another hospital the night before that. They had test results that were supposedly negative. Is a regular patrol cop, responding to a typical trespassing disturbance really supposed to have more medial knowledge than the doctors at the hospital?

And, apparently they did have some suspicions, because they did make the doctors give them a "fit for confinement" confirmation. What more could they do?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This is an EPIC FAIL yes, but - do you know how common this kind of case is? ...Chronic conditions like this are pandemic but most countries and insurance carriers have a non-diagnosis policy of benign neglect.

...Personally, I go with non-intervention - but wish to be fully informed. As it stands, everyone is kept ignorant, including many doctors.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

I am not religious. I am a sensitive person and best described as Spiritual. God on this Earth is money and this planet is ruled by psychopaths.

We are on this planet to help each other. No one in a position of authority helped Anna Brown when she was ill. How did she become ill? It was not God who made her ill or made her suffer - it was the society in which she lived - ruled by psychopaths.

May Anna guide the rest of us now that she is not burdened by a suffering physical body and is in Spirit.

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join